55

Old Town, Dubrovnik – 4th June 2018

SUNSCREEN IS CRUCIAL to avoid sunburn and Hayat Jahani has learnt her lesson the hard way. Moving in a shaded corner after stepping down the bus, she applied the dry touch sunscreen SPF 70 all over her face, back of her neck, wrist, hand and even her arms despite the baggy long sleeves of her beige crochet top.

With a giant grin, Aryan approached and took off his black Ray-Ban.

"Getting tanned on vacation is conventional. What are you doing?"

"Not being stupid a second time, let's move"

Placing his Ray-Ban back on his eyes, he scanned the crowd of familiar faces. The stars of their plan Niyah and Nayir were chatting with their parents, oblivious to their surrounding while the little ones were taking pictures. She grabbed his hand and led the way onto the stoned bridge at Pile Gate to enter the distinguished Old Town of Dubrovnik.

They dashed among hundreds of tourists and were soon in the blazing main square. Being a car-free zone render her a favor. Hayat let go of his hand. She swerved through a labyrinth of narrow and steep cobbled alleys crammed in between houses and shops.

Stopping at the bottom of an elegant Baroque staircase, she gazed upwards. As expected, there were some young adults attempting to replicate iconic pictures. She descended instead and stopped beneath an arched canopy to shield from the scorching rays. Leaning against the wall, they slowed down their breathing. Hayat bent, palms laying on her knees as she gasped for air. After a few seconds, she straightened her back and stretched her neck from side to side.

"We are officially lost," Aryan concluded, wiping sheen of sweat from his forehead.

"I've been here before."

Everyone assumed that Aryan has chosen the cruise destinations. In reality she has selected familiar locations which will be beneficial to execute the plans.

She asked, "Have you ever watch Game of Thrones?"

"First three seasons, I stopped when they killed my favorite character."

"Robb Stark?" Hayat asked, brows rose in an arc.

"His direwolf, Grey Wind," he clarified as though he's been insulted. "It's the most heartbreaking scene."

Stifling a laugh, Hayat turned her face ahead. She cleared her throat and continued.

"That's debatable. Anyways, this place is the inspiration and filming locations for Kings Landing. I went on tour with the clients I came here. We are right now at the stairs of 'walk of shame.' It happened in season five. You wouldn't be aware, of course."