47

Le Ciel de Paris – 19th February 2018

THE REST OF THE WEEK went by in a flash from visiting museums to gardens, attractive bridges and even larger palaces. Myra would dress as simple possible, walked along the parents with silent earphones and admired the surrounding with a neutral face. At lunch she ate without speaking a word and in the evening she bid her brother goodnight and closed the door.

Her mood has changed and two people have noticed. Zaynoul assumed it's the aftermath of Niyah's disappearance from their lives and Mr. Owais pitied her after learning the 'secret lifestyle' narrated by Emraan.

Myra missed home. Despite the glamour and art nothing amazed her anymore.

For their last night in Paris, Mr. Owais has planned a dinner party at an exclusive restaurant called Le Ciel de Paris. Situated on the 56th floor of Montparnasse Tower, the only skyscraper in central Paris, it offered the best panoramic view. He ordered everyone to dress in formal attire. Most men opted pants and shirt since no one brought a blazer on vacation and the ladies went for either long or short dresses.

Myra chose one last outfit from the suitcase given by her grandmother. It's a Chanel maroon red tweed dress with silver and black sequins all over stopping above her knees. She paired it with black leggings, high heel ankle boots and her black Chanel clutch. Her curled brown hair fell down her back. She applied a beautiful makeup in days and finished with dark red lipstick.

Taking a deep breathe, Myra braced herself to spend one last night in the city of light.

At seven p.m., they entered the restaurant. Opened mouths and slow smiles built as the group moved around taking in the shades of grey and orange décor. The comfy armchairs were rounded and the tables were covered in white cloth. The ceiling on the other hand had large round lights where the borders illuminated in bright neon yellow. Added with the jaw dropping view of Paris bathing in light, it's the perfect place to conclude the two weeks trip.

Directed by the waiters and waitresses, they were scattered all around the place. Myra sat alone at a two persons table near the window. She smiled at the young man and watched the others grouping at four or six persons per table.

Her throat thickened. Melancholy stung her like a piercing knife.

Zaynoul's pale blue shirt stuck him out in the sea of dark colored clothes. At least he is seated with a group of five including that popular girl Saima. He chatted and laughed with his friends.

Myra turned her gaze to the sprawling view. Someone cleared his throat. It's Mr. Owais, Zaynoul's English teacher who sat opposite of her. He smiled and pulled his chair closer to the table.

"It appears we are dining together."

Myra smiled back and placed her clutch at the side. Great, it had to be a teacher. Why couldn't it have been a parent? Who decided the seating chart?