Chapter 6

Year 2

Sage's POV:
    We were all in the great hall waiting for the first years to get sorted, I was sitting there mildly uninterested with my face resting on my hand. Hallie actually seemed to be invested in the sorting but I think she was only worried that Hufflepuff wasn't getting enough representation. She was right of course, so I couldn blame her.
"Better be, HUFFLEPUFF" cheered the shorting hat
Our table erupted in cheers and a girl came over to the table. She looked around for a place to sit, there was a spot next to me and she came over. She asked us if we would mind if she sat with us, I scooted over to make a place for her between me and Hallie. We introduced ourselves and we got acquainted during dinner. She seemed pretty cool for a first year, another addition to our group I guess.

    Once the feast was over we all headed to our common rooms, it felt just like first year only me and Hallie already knew the drill. Once again we got lucky and got the same room, I was ecstatic because if I had been forced to room with someone else I might've cried. Me and Hallie said goodnight to Clementine and headed up to our rooms. We unpacked a bit and talked about what we each thought of clementine. I thought she was alright, to be honest i wasn't really sure. Of course i only met her about two hours ago so it wouldn't be right to judge her off of that, Hallie seemed to really like her but she's always been more open minded about people. We all have our strengths i guess, Hallie is better at giving people chances and drawing out the better side of them. I on the other hand have a good intuition, i can read people quickly and im almost never wrong. We'll see i suppose, we had finished getting ready and we headed off to bed.

Third Person POV:
All day after breakfast Hallie and Sage showed Clementine around the school, they asked about what classes she had and in what order and they showed her all the classrooms she would need to know for the year. Once they had covered the basics it was time for the fun stuff. They showed her the courtyard, the black lake, the forbidden forest, and all the good places to go in Hogwarts. As they went around they told clementine about the teachers she had and what they would be like. They also introduced her to the rest of their friend group so she might have some friends to get her started here. Finally it was time to show her the best part of Hogwarts, the crème de la crème, the pièce de résistance, the library. Sage and Hallie dramatically opened the two giant french doors to the library and Clementine's jaw fell. For any reader this library was like heaven, So who could blame her for being in awe.

They spent the rest of the day in the library, Sage and Hallie told Clementine about the best spots to read, how all the books were organized, and how to get the books down from the upper shelves. Sage didn't share about her windowsill spot though, she wanted to keep that for herself as her escape. And that was ok. Because everyone needs an escape. We spent the rest of the day in the library and eventually it was time to head to the great hall.

    We made our way to the hall and sat down at our tables, Fred and George spotted us from across the tables and waved frantically at us. We waved back just as frantically. Dinner was pretty normal we ate, did random hand signals to the twins without knowing what they meant, and asked Clementine about herself. Eventually dinner was over and we got up and started making our way to our common rooms. Fred slipped out of the group of Griffindors he was walking with and made his way over to Sage, he slipped her a note and then slipped back into the group. Sage decided to wait till they got back to the common room to read the note, once they got back Clementine decided to just go up to bed. Hallie and Sage found a quiet corner and Sage read the note handing it to Hallie once she had finished.

You, me, George, Hallie, MC and Clementine if she wants. Sleepover in one of our dorms right before Christmas break. Lemme know what you think. Read the note, accompanied with the cutest winky face Sage had ever seen in her life. Sage passed the note to Hallie and she read it. After much discussion they agreed it could be fun, but there were some concerns. Would Clementine and MC agree? Whose dorm would the sleepover be in? Wouldn't we get caught? After a lot more discussion Hallie and Sage agreed to go for it. After all, you only live once and they never did things this exciting. The girls headed to bed seeing as everyone was in their common rooms and probably in their dorm rooms already, they would plan everything tomorrow.

The next morning the two girls ran over to the twins and told them they agreed, then the group of four ran over to the Slytherin table, choosing to ignore baby Malfoy's comments about the twins. They found MC and she also agreed, naturally she did she was down to do almost anything. Then the group of five ran back to the Hufflepuff table to ask if Clementine would go, she was apprehensive at first but it doesn't take a lot of convince a first year to attend a sleepover that was going to be a bunch of second and third years. The rest of the day they got everything planned and now all that was left to do was wait.

Time skip
Sage's POV:
It was three days before Christmas break. Me and Hallie were in our dorm room getting ready for the sleepover. In the end we all decided that our dorm would be best since all first years, Griffindors and Slytherin dorm rooms were kept under lock and key. Me and Hallie had set up the room with fun lighting and a LOT of pillows and blankets. We had two sets of bunk beds in our dorm so tonight was going to be a sleep wherever you want kind of thing. The twins had agreed to sneak down to the kitchens and bring snacks, MC agreed to bring good drinks(non alcoholic since we were going to have a first year in our presence) and good music speaker included, we had all agreed to bring some of our favorite games so we wouldn't get bored. It seemed like we had everything covered, and now we just had to get through the day without getting caught or giving anything away. Tonight was going to be a lot of fun.

1178 Words