Chapter 124

Fred's POV:
I sat on the couch waiting for someone to get back. George was with MC who said she had some things to talk about, and Sage was with Apollo and Edmund.

I really hoped George got back first, I had some things we needed to talk about. I guess George is just going to get overloaded today.
The sound of the door unlocking told me someone was back.

"Hey Fred." George spoke
Speak of the devil. I watched him hang his jacket on the coat rack and look at me confused. My face most definitely gave away something was up.

"Something wrong?" He asked walking into the kitchen. George poured himself a cup of tea while I went to sit at the table in the kitchen.
"Sit down."
"Ok?" George replied

"I'm going to say something, and you aren't going to like it." I said
George's brows furrowed at the seriousness in my voice.
"If some happens to me during this war-"
"Fred-"

"Let me finish." I talked over him "If something happens, you have to promise me you will take care of Sage. That you'll make sure she doesn't leave our family. Take care of her like I would"
George sighed rubbing the bridge of his nose "What are you saying?"
"I'm saying take care of her in my place. You know how she is."

"Fred this is so stupid why are we talking about-"
"George promise me! Just take care of her, make sure she knows she has a permanent place in this family."
"Fred, you are not gonna die." I could tell George was getting the smallest bit emotional over the topic. I would too if we were talking about him dying.

"Can we talk about something else?" George cleared his throat going to put his cup in the sink
"Promise me George."
"Fred," he sighed
"Swear it."
"Alright! I swear!"

"Thank you." I felt a sight pang of relief knowing he would take care of her if I couldn't "So, how was MC?" I finally changed the subject
"She was... Fine. She's been trying to contact her family but there's been no reply. She even went to the house and it's abandoned, she doesn't know what happened."
"Oh."

There was a long pause of dead silence, George still stood at the counter. Like he didn't want to turn around again.
"Oh bloody hell Fred! Why did you have to start talking like you're going to die!"
"I'm sorry! I just had to be sure."

"Haven't you been planning your life with her? I thought you wanted to die old!"
"I do plan! I do!"
"Then what the hell was that?!"
"Plan B Never hurt!"
"Well it hurts me! And if Sage heard you-"
"You won't tell her! George Weasley you cannot tell her she'll get mad at me!"

"You know, I might just, so she will get mad at you!"
"It was just a request!"
"A stupid one!"
"Fine." I sat back down "Im sorry, I didn't mean to upset you."
"I accept your apology." George replied sitting back down "Even with the attitude."

Sage's POV:
"Pleasaaaaaaasaaassssseeeeeeeeeeee!" Hallie begged
"I came over to see my nephew, not get a makeover." I rolled my eyes
"I know but I miss the color, your color scheme is so dark I need to see a pop of color."

I was over at Apollo's house, Hallie already being there had taken to begging to dye my hair again for me. I since I had cut it short I just let the color fade and now my hair was back to full blackish brown.

"Girl, we're about to be in the middle of a war and you're concerned with my hair?"
"I love your hair." She batted her eyelashes at me dramatically "Just because there's a war doesn't mean you shouldn't look immaculate."
"Oh goodness." I laughed

"On a serious note girls," Apollo said sitting down in the living room with us
Our laughter died down at the tone of his voice.
"Mom seems to still be under the impression that your arranged marriage is still going to happen." He sighed
"Arranged marriage?" Hallie questioned

I sighed "She's arranged for me to marry one of the sons of one of fathers business partners. So they can get more money. It's all for money."
"Thats why she's been looking for you. I'm married, it has nothing to do with control is has to do with forced marriage." Apollo explained "doesn't matter how you feel about the marriage as your legal parents they can make you marry whoever they want."

"Not if I'm not around." I argued
"Actually yes, they can sign a marriage contract in your stead. The only way you can get out of it... is if you're already married."
"I'll go get Fred." Hallie half joked
"Oh Merlin's beard." I sighed massaging the bridge of my nose
"Luckily for us they're still trying to kidnap you so they can have an actual wedding so the marriage can't be disputed later."

"Why are you telling me this now?" I questioned
"Because they are going to try to find you again before this war happens. All they need is a day to stick you in a white dress and sell you off to some creep who wants your body."
"Christ..." Hallie mumbled "I think I prefer Fred." She said trying to diffuse the tension

"You need to start being more mindful about where you go, who you see, who you let into the flat. Until this war is over and they're back in Azkaban you can't carry on with your life as if things were semi normal."
"Okay."
"Yeah?" He spoke
"Yeah, I understand."

I stood up handing Edmund back to Apollo. I still couldn't see him as being a dad to anyone other than me but this was reality. He was married and this was no longer my home. I was happy for him of course, but part of me couldn't help but see it as an end to a childhood I had so desperately tried to cling onto.
"I should get going." I said
"Ok, be safe."
"I will." I smiled

"I love you." He wrapped his arm around me
He had never told me he loved me in the past, he would say it in other ways like 'what time are you coming back?' Or 'I don't like that guy' or 'I missed you kid.' Or just taking care of me in general. I think the thought that one of us might be dead soon startled him into showing actual affection, or maybe it was marriage.
"I love you too."

1111 Words