Chapter 38

Sage's POV:
The wind whirled around me, I was standing in a empty field. You could tell the field had once been green and full of life but now the fire had desecrated it all.

I looked around for someone but all I could see were the scattered lifeless bodies of the people I'd once loved.
Did I do this?
Looking down at my hands covered in blood my eyes started tearing up.
Sage!

I turned to see Fred running towards me. I let out a sigh of relief and started running towards him just as he stopped. He looked at me with sad lifeless eyes and fell to the ground, his blood staining the slush that remained after snow.
A scream rang in my ears, maybe it was my own.

Hallie, Fred, George, Finn, Clementine, Apollo, MC, everyone. Everyone I cared about staring up with lifeless eyes.
This was all you
I turned, finding myself staring at a reflection of myself.
All you
The mirror started to shatter.

I woke up, my blankets in a pile on the floor, my clothes soaked through with a cold sweat, my head pounding and my breathing unsteady. Thank God it was just a dream. I looked over at the clock on my wall
6:53am
It was too early to go back to sleep, even though I typically woke up at 11:30.

I decided to get up and take a shower, I did some hair treatment to keep my color vibrant and my curls loose. When I had finished I slipped on a jumper and some shorts. I walked out fiddling with my lavender charm necklace and slipped back under my covers with a book.

Three chapters later I heard tapping on my window. I looked over to see a old deranged bird at my window. Errol, the Weasley family owl, I jumped up and ran to open the window. The bird was old and decrepit. I couldn't help but feel bad, even though Ron is always hating on the poor bird. I took the letter from Errol and gave him some food and petted him for a while.

He fell asleep on my desk and I opened the letter
Dear Sage,
How is your summer going? Me and George really miss you and Ginny keeps asking when we're going to see you. I personally can't wait to see you so you can flip over how irresistibly hot I look! I'm joking, although me and George grew some more and now were 6'4! Oh, I forgot why I was writing you, Dad got special tickets to go to the quidditch World Cup! Ron is bringing Harry and Clementine So I was wondering if you and Hallie wanted to go? School starts just the week after the cup so Mum suggested that you just come two weeks before school starts and just stay with us! What do you think? I know you're going to have to ask your brother but why wouldn't he say yes? Anyway get back to me as soon as possible so I can let dad know.
-Fred

P.S
Stupid Fred won't let me write one letter to you so I'm adding to this one. I really miss you and I hope you can come to the cup
-George

P.P.S
None ever lets me write any letters and I wanted to write to you. So I took this letter off the twins desk. I miss you too and I have so much to tell you, I really hope you can come to the cup and I really love the quidditch stuff you got me. Bye bye
-Ginny

I laughed at the little extra notes added to the letter. It made me happy to know they actually liked me. Apollo better let me go because I actually really like to. I ran downstairs to show Apollo the letter and to plead with him to let me go. There were still four weeks left of summer meaning I would be leaving for their house in two.

"Oh please please Apollo please let me go, I really want to!" I pleaded
"What about Rosey?" He asked
"Mrs. Clark can take care of him." I reasoned
"Yes but Rosey is your responsibility, you can't just dump everything on her."
I knew I was loosing this fight but I'm not giving up.
"This is a once in a lifetime chance! I've been invited to the biggest event of the year and you aren't going to let me go?" I asked starting to fake tear up

Apollo sighed and massaged the bridge of his nose. I looked at him pleadingly with my hands clasped.
"I'll do the dishes over Christmas break! Please please!"
"Ok fine! But don't you expect things to go your way all the time around here." He scolded
"Thank you! Can we go to Hallie's so I can ask her?"
"You are really pushing it." He mumbled getting up to apparate

We apparated over to her house, needless to say she was surprised to see me but her and her family agreed to let her go. After a bit of visiting we came back to the house.

I ran upstairs and sat down at my desk, pulling out a piece of parchment and a quill to respond to Fred.
Dear Fred, Ginny, and George,
My brother agreed to let me go, and Hallie's family also agreed to let her go as well. I cannot wait to see you all, I really have missed you guys.
My summer has been good, I look quite different as well but I'm sure it's nothing to your irresistible hotness Fred.
Ginny I'm so glad the quidditch stuff is working out well for you! I cannot wait to hear about everything you've got to tell me. George I miss you too and don't fight with your brother.
I got a dog recently, I wish I could bring him but sadly I can't.
Tell Ron to stop being mean to Errol, he might be old but as soon as I gave him some food and love he was as good as new.
I cannot wait to see you all and hear about your summers.
-Sage

I folded up my letter, sticking it in a envelope and sealing it with a wax seal. Errol energetically took the letter from my hand and flew off.

1067 Words