Chapter 58

Third Person POV:
"Oh Fred you're so funny!" Angelina giggled from across the courtyard
Sage lowered her head trying desperately not to catch a glimpse of the new power couple around school. Hallie wrapped an arm around her shoulders as their group of friends made their way back to their dorm. They had decided to head back a bit early so there would be enough time for everyone to get ready.

Everyone had managed to take showers and get their hair styled efficiently. Although Sage had to help Ginny and Hallie, while Hallie had to help Sage. Eventually it was time to break out the makeup.
"Hallie- can you do mine? I know nothing about makeup." Sage confessed
Hallie was ecstatic she got to finally experiment with makeup on her best friends face.

The evening comprised of a lot of chaos, laughing and fancy dresses blowing everywhere. All the girls were slipping into their dresses, except Hallie and Sage. Hallie had to decided to go all out on sages eye makeup while keeping it low key on the rest of her face. Which meant her eyes were taking too damn long, in Sage's opinion.
"Hallie! I thought this was just going to be some simple 'make me look decent' makeup." Sage groaned
"Decent? Decent! I'm making you look fabulous! You NEVER let me put makeup on you! You think I'm not going to take this opportunity to go all out? It's not even your whole face! How can you expect me to just do some basic everyday makeup? You have lost your mind! This is the Yule Ball! A once in a lifetime occasion! And how are you going to have this fabulous hair, that fabulous dress, and those fabulous shoes, AND NOT FABULOUS MAKEUP!?" Hallie ranted

Sage's eyes went slightly wide with fear "Sorry I asked- hey what are you doing with that eyelash glue?"
"I'm not putting eyelashes on you. Your eyelashes are already forty feet long, I'm so jealous." Hallie rolled her eyes "I'm using the glue to stick little pearls to your face, it'll look really pretty and match your whole vibe."
Sage let out an exasperated huff, she wasn't particularly excited about going, but it was too late to back out now. She had already agreed to go with Finn.

"I do wish you would take off that necklace, the length doesn't suit the dress and he's a jerk, you don't need to be wearing something he gave you after he treated you like that." Hallie sighed gesturing to the lavender charm necklace Sage was fidgeting with.
"I know, but it's just- it's special to me. I told him I would wear it always and I will."

After about five more minutes, the girls were strapping on their shoes and Hallie was placing the last pearl on Sage's face.
"And- I- am- done!" Hallie chirped stepping back to admire her work
"You look amazing, as I knew you would." Hallie wiped a fake tear from her eye

Sage laughed at her friend, admiring her makeup in the hand mirror she held "Thanks Hallie, I'll have to hire you as my professional makeup artist."
"Of course you will, when you go big for what? Painting? Writing? Speaking too many different languages? Playing piano?" Hallie beamed
Sage rolled her eyes "You exaggerate too much."
"Oh please you do all those things, you just try to hide it." Hallie retorted

The two girls finally got into their dresses and got on their shoes. The others made a big gush about how wonderful they looked, which turned into everyone gushing about how everyone looked stunning until it was time to head out. The girls made their way down together in a giant pack, of course getting strange glances from the other people scattered around the hallways. MC making the occasional confidence boosting comment about how they were just staring cause they looked so good. Sage continued to fidget with her necklace as they went along, her anxiety blooming more and more.

At least everyone was going with the guy they had feelings for, even Clementine. Sage known Fred was out of her league anyway. He was much more suited for Angelina, quidditch playing, perfect complexion, every girl wants to be her Angelina Johnson.