Chapter 79

"Love will never get you anywhere. It's a part to play but nothing more! Love isn't real, people only love you when you have something to give. Do you know where love gets you?" She asked
We were in the middle of a wheat field, the sky was a lavender purple as the planets orbited too fast and too close to us. I had tried every plea in the book, I tried telling her not all love was give and take.
"All love ever brought was hurt, and pointless dreams!" She shrieked
Without hesitation she slit his throat, his blood splattering everywhere. I stood there in horror as it splattered across my cheek. Fred had died. My mother now cackling like a mad woman.
"Don't you see? Love is a fairy tale that leaves you heartbroken every time."
I fell over his limp body, landing in a river of crimson blood. I shut my eyes tightly.

I opened my eyes again, only to find myself staring at the top of the bunk. My dark dorm room a welcome sight after the gore I had watched. Would the nightmares ever stop? I would like to say I was used to them by now, but does one ever really get used to watching their loved ones get brutally murdered in front of them.

I heard Fred breathe deeply next to me. I rolled over to face him, suddenly aware of my lack of clothing. Both of us lacking any clothing. The clock read a quarter past three in the morning.

I watched him continue to sleep calmly, painfully unaware of the horror I had just witnessed. I couldn't help but lightly trace my finger along his neck, ensuring there was no scar or any sign of my dream being more than just a dream.

I leaned forward, placing my head in the crook of his neck and draping my arm over him. Doing my best not to wake him.
"I don't know what I would do if anything happened to you Fred Weasley." I whispered

I lay there for a moment, thinking he was still asleep. Until he shifted, wrapping his arms around me pulling me closer to him. Our bare chests pressing together.
"Nothing is going to happen to me, and I won't let anything happen to you. I promise." He replied

"I'm sorry, I thought you were asleep." I mumbled
"I was." He chuckled quietly "What time is it?"
"Quarter past three." I responded
Fred sat up slightly, using his arm to prop himself up while rubbing my arm soothingly.

"Go back to sleep darling, you'll be alright. I won't let anything happen to you."
Despite the fact that Fred had just been degrading me a few hours ago, he made me feel safe. I dozed off finally, with no more dreams to accompany me.

-

"Good morning love." Fred placed a kiss on my forehead
I groaned tiredly, not wanting to get up. I wrapped my arms around him trying to get him to lay back down. It was too early to be up and about.

"Darling, we can stay in bed all day if you'd like but we should probably put clothes on before Hallie come back." He reasoned
"Oh alright." I mumbled
I rolled over and out of bed, standing up. I wasn't even able to take a step forward before my legs started shaking and gave in.

Fred smirked at me from the bed as I glared at him.
"You're not allowed to loose another quidditch match after this."
I sat back on the edge of the bed and let Fred get my clothes. I wasn't happy about this. I also knew that Hallie would figure it out when she noticed I wasn't walking today.

Thank Merlin it was Sunday and none really questioned where we had went. A lot of students choose a day over the weekend to just stay in bed and do nothing. Of course Hallie eyes us suspiciously every time she came in the room. Fred and I did nothing all day. We stayed curled up in my bed alternating between reading, talking, and an occasional board game.

It was nice to be in a relationship with someone who you could do anything with. I could have done nothing with Fred all day and I still would have enjoyed myself. He took care of me all day, through my leg shaking phase.

By the time Hallie came bursting in to tell us Neville had found a place for us to practice, I was able to walk with a little bit of help occasionally. My legs still shook a bit but I was able to walk like nothing had happened.

"You've done it Neville! You've found the room of requirements." Hermione congratulated
We were all standing inside of this room, it looked like a place where people practiced fighting. Quite perfect actually.

"The what?" He questioned
"It's also known as the coke and go room. The room only appears if the user has real need of it. And it's always equipped with the seekers needs." Hermione explained
"So... say you really needed to use the toilet." Ron piped up
We all looked at him with weird facial expressions. He always had th best commentary.

"Charming Ronald, but yes that's the idea."
"It's brilliant. It's like Hogwarts wants us to fight back." Harry smiled
"So first lesson tomorrow, we will all meet up here. Tell everyone." Harry spoke.

-

"So what are you doing for Christmas?" Hallie asked
Everyone else was going back to their own houses to be with their families. I had no idea where I was going.
"I don't know, I suppose I'll find out at the station or Apollo will owl me."

"I'm going to miss you." She smiled
"It's only two weeks, and we see each other everyday." I laughed
"Yeah but that doesn't mean I won't miss my best friend." Hallie spoke
"I'll miss you too. I'm just happy I was able to get all my Christmas shopping done early." I said

1014 Words