Chapter 33

One week after break
Sage's POV:
This bitch. All I did was walk past her, minding my own damn business. She just can't help herself can she? She's obsessed with me and for what?

"Only sluts hang out with more than one guy. Why do you think that Pepper girl hangs out with them?" Angelina snickered
Her little band of pick me girls laughing behind her.

"I mean it's obvious you hang out with Fred cause your desperate and want him to rail you but honestly why all the other guys?" She smirked

My only consolation right now is that MC looks ready to kill and Fred isn't here to see this. I had no decent comeback today, what if she's right?
"Not every guy I hang out with I want to sleep with. Some of them are like brothers to me!" This this the most pathetic argument
Angelina's smirk widened
"L-like George and Finn, and at least they aren't as dramatic as girls." I crossed my arms

MC set her hand on my shoulder, an obvious warning that I was making myself look like a fool.
"It's not like anyone would want to sleep with you anyway, you're too fat!" She sneered

I grabbed onto the necklace Fred had gotten me. Alright, she's found my biggest insecurity. Wonderful
All I could do was stand there with my jaw slightly dropped. She knew she'd found the jackpot by my lack of a response.
"Why you little-" MC started
"Hey! What's going on?" Finn shouted from down the hallway
I felt a slight relief that he was here, maybe he's looking for me cause Clementine sent him. I just stared at him blankly while MC pointed at Angelina giving him a short explanation of what she'd said.

Finn looked at her with an unchecked level of rage and stepped in front of us. Angelina stepped back just from Finn's height. He towered over everyone and was almost as tall as the twins.
"It sounds to me like you're just jealous." He growled

Angelina's jaw dropped and her little gang stopped laughing.
"Obviously you're upset because no guy is dumb enough to be seen around you."

Me and MC stood there in shock as Finn's smirk widened.
"So I suggest you walk away before you make yourself look even more stupid."
Everyone was shocked and all Angelina could think to do was storm off.

Finn turned around, putting his hand on my shoulder
"Are you ok?" He asked worried
"Uh, uhm yeah I'm ok." I stuttered
He wrapped me in a hug.
"I'm so glad I walked past you at the right time."

Finn stuck with me the rest of the day, he really was like my brother. He understood that I probably didn't want to talk about what had happened so he didn't. We talked about rings our favorite piece of jewelry, piercings, and books. The twins were busy with classes and detention all day and Finn didn't want to leave me alone.

We hung out in the library and exchanged book recommendations until it was dinner time. He walked me to my table and gave me another hug. I sat down in an empty seat at the Hufflepuff table unfortunately away from Hallie since she was sitting with her new friends and Clementine. Since I got in kinda late the spots next to them were already taken. Hallie shot me a 'you good?' face and I gave her a 'tell you later' face.

Next afternoon

I was chilling in the library on my windowsill with the book I bought when I went to the bookstore with Hallie. I've read this book a million times but it was such a good story and I couldn't let it just sit on my shelf all dusty and sad. I believe books can have feelings too.

"Sage." I heard Hallie's voice from behind me
I sat up and hopped down from the window, to the chair, and to the floor where she was sitting down on the couch.
"Yes?" I settled down continuing my book
"Hi."
I looked up at her confused "Hi?"
"Yes, hi."
"Ok." I shrugged

I continued reading again, and Hallie went to find a book.
"Hey!" I heard Clementine approaching from behind me
"So funny story." Hallie started
I realized that Hallie knew Clementine was coming here and obviously had something to share that I she wanted me to get in on.

I looked up slightly from my book.
"Me and Clem have both been running into this fifth year." Hallie started
"He's my friend actually." Clem corrected
"Yeah whatever. Darius, and he was being really flirty and extra-"
"Darius?" I interrupted giving her a death stare
"Yes-?" She replied looking worried like I had become pale or something
"He's literally flirted with me, right over there actually." I pointed to the shelves where Darius had flirted with me

Hallie blinked at me while Clementine looked like she'd seen a ghost.
"How did you figure out it was the same guy?" I asked
"Clem is wearing his coat." Hallie explained pulling on the coat sleeve
I looked over at Clementine who was staring blankly at the shelves I had pointed at.
"Are you alright?" Hallie placed a comforting hand on her shoulder
"Yeah... I'm fine."
"Actually he said he'd seen me sitting with you before." Hallie stated looking at Clementine then to me and back to Clem

"Talk later." Clementine mumbled pushing herself out of the chair and jogging away
Me and Hallie exchanged some looks. We just shrugged and picked up our books and continued reading. She'll tell us if something's wrong.

I wasn't very concerned at Clem's strange behavior but I was confused about this Darius guy. I was worried if he was a good person for her to be hanging out with. I mean, why would he flirt with everyone? Does he flirt with everyone? Why would Clementine choose to be friends with him? I just hope she doesn't go and get herself hurt around him. Something doesn't seem quite right.

1017 Words