Chapter 87

I just wanted to say thank you for 900 reads! You have no idea how much this means to me😭. Feel free to leave comments! I want to hear what y'all think ❤️

Sage's POV:
I walked down the darkened hallway. I had never dared to go down the small hallway next to the grand staircase before, but something seemed to be calling me. My shoes clicked against the cold marble. A stench invaded my senses the closer I inched to the small door at the end. A cool glow shining from under the door. I gently turned the knob and opened the door. The stench was so great that tears started falling from my eyes. Blood covered the floor almost entirely, dried bloodstains scarred the walls. And people. Chained, hung, bolted to the wall. Some were rotted, some had blood dripping from them. But they were all dead, with no hope of salvation. A simple unstained window on the wall opposite to me was the only source of light.
Had I been living with them the whole time?

I opened my eyes, taking in my dark surroundings. I was in my dorm, again. I rolled over to see Hallie fast asleep as the clock read 4:05AM
I sighed rolling onto my back, trying to decide what to do. I was too awake to sleep again.

I decided to do something spontaneous. I got up taking a quick shower and following my normal routine. Only when I got to fixing my hair I pulled a straightener out of the drawer. I had never fully straightened my hair before but I had done other peoples hair so I knew what I was doing.

I carefully sectioned my hair and used a product to protect my hair from the heat. I spent hours straightening it until it was all finished and the sun had risen. My hair hung well past my waist, to where I would have to keep it over my shoulder when I sat down. I put half of it up and tied it with a black ribbon and let my curtain bangs fall in my face. The line where my hair differed from brown to white was much more clear and I looked almost unrecognizable.

"Morning-" Hallie yawned
She screamed jumping backward after catching a glimpse of me in the mirror.
"Who are you?" She asked half joking
I rolled my eyes as she came up and stared at my hair.
"It's so long-"
"I know." I sighed
"How long have you been doing this?"
"Uhm, since about 5:30." I responded

I headed into my closet to get dressed. Obviously since my hair was all done I had to pick a fairly decent outfit. Decided on a form fitting black long sleeve turtleneck with a short brown pencil skirt and a gray blazer. I paired it with some gold jewelry. I slipped on some tights and my docs.

"Alright, no need to put the rest of us to shame." Hallie remarked
"Girl."
We headed down to breakfast together. I started regretting my hair decision when people started staring in the halls.

"So, if things don't work out with you and Fred- let me know." Hallie joked
"Oh lord." I laughed
Apparently we were the last two to breakfast. Gosh we had a gang. Fred, George, Karl, Clementine, Harry, Ron, MC. Clementine was the first to look up.

Third Person POV:
"Hey who's that?" Clementine asked nudging Harry in the side
Everyone looked up and over where Clementine was pointing.
"Walking with Hallie?" Fred asked
"Yeah." She responded
"Dunno." George Piper up
"Well they're coming over here so I suppose we're about to find out." MC commented
"I wonder where Sage is." Fred mumbled

"Morning guys!" Hallie chirped sitting next to Clementine
"Who's the new girl?" Harry asked pointing at Sage
Sage looked up from her book, her bangs finally moving out of the way. Everyone stared dumbfounded.

"SAGE?" Clementine screeched
Fred shot out of his seat, making quick work of getting to the other side of the table.
"What is this?" He asked gently grabbing a stand of her straightened hair
"My hair?" Sage laughed

"We didn't even recognize you!" MC commented
Fred continued to examine his girlfriend as everyone went on about how unrecognizable she was

-

"Make it a powerful memory. Allow it to fill you up." Harry spoke
Everyone was in the Room of Requirements practicing more spells.

Harry going around to everyone making sure they understood. Getting through more lessons was more important than ever. Umbridge was closer to catching them everyday and the Wizarding World was more dangerous than ever.

"George your turn now."
"Expecto Patronum!" He commanded waving his wand
A cool, whispy, glowing vapor formed into a Magpie. Fred mimicking his movements, resulting in another magpie.

Everyone seemed to be getting it except Sage. Even Neville got it, no offense to Neville of course.
"Harry?"
"Yeah?"
"What memory did you use?" Sage asked
"I-"A loud bang interrupted Harry's thought

Everyone gathered around the source of the noise. A wall full of mirrors. The twins stood in front blocking everyone else from whatever was about to happen. Nigel creeped in front closer to the wall than Harry would have liked. Harry aggressively grabbing his arm and pulling him back.

"I'll make quick work of this." Unbridgeable smiled
With one last spell the wall was destroyed and the hidden room was no longer hidden. Drago dragged before everyone their giveaway. Cho Chang.

Everyone was quickly detained and taken to be questioned. Umbridge decided to use one of Snape's potions on the students to get them to confess, something that was definitely not allowed. As well as her quill only it was much worse.

The twins spent the rest of the evening handing out tins of the salve they had to the students who needed it. Even helping the younger students use the ointment and wrap their arms if they didn't know how.
"I don't care what you say, you're letting me fix your arm." Fred spoke walking up behind Sage

Sage looked up at him, gripping her wrist tightly to try and distract from the stinging.
"I wanted the other students to get some before I did." She mumbled
"Well they did, so let me help you." Fred responded
"I guess, since you know I won the last argument we had." Sage laughed dryly

"I love your hair like this and all-" Fred started wrapping Sage's arm "But you aren't really My Sage without the signature curls." He smiled "Just saying."
"Maybe, you're right. It's a fun thing to do every now and then but I don't really feel like myself." Sage agreed "Although I'm sure if I kept it long enough you all would get used to it."
"I doubt I would." Fred winked gently kissing the back of her hand

1072 Words