Chapter 116

Fred's POV:
I woke up alone in my bedroom. She hadn't come. I pulled myself out of bed, walking into the small hallway. Once I had rubbed the sleep from my eyes I could see sage sitting on the couch, hands folded neatly in her lap. She looked like she had been crying all night.

"Love..." I sighed "Have you been sitting here all night?"
"Yes." She spoke hoarsely
I placed myself in front of her on the coffee table.
"What is going on with you? If this is about the bridesmaids, darling I promise I don't even know her name-"
"Fred, am I enough for you?" She cut me off
"What?"
"Am I enough for you?" She looked at me with bloodshot eyes

What kind of nonsense is she thinking?
"I- what?"
"Even in school I felt inferior. You and George have always been popular. You were good looking, you played sports, carefree, extroverted, every guy wanted to be you and every girl wanted you. I thought when you picked me you were somehow lowering your standards but you always made me feel wanted and special..." She laid her head back against the couch

Do I not make her feel special anymore? Was she about to break things off with me?
"Even now... you have your own business, you've made a name for you and George, you're still good looking..." She laughed dryly "You still make me feel special and wanted. I guess seeing that girl with you made me realize you could still have anyone you wanted, all my security I had found just went away."

"But Sage, I don't want anyone. I picked you because I wanted you, more than anything. Believe me, plenty of guys wanted you, and plenty still do. I always felt lucky that you picked me as anyone should. I don't think you're insecure." I took her hands into mine " I think you're someone who has had a hard time finding people who will stay, which is on them, not you."
She finally sat up enough to look at me.
"I knew even back then, I wanted you forever, I want to marry you one day, to have a family with you, grow old with you and every single thing in between. Im sorry I've been distant lately, I truly don't mean to be but please don't ever question how I feel about you. If I was really that shallow I don't think we would be here." I ranted "So what's your next argument?"

"I guess I don't have one after all that." She replied
"Good. Now, think on my words and you look like you haven't slept in a while. Why don't you go lie down?"
"Alright."
She slowly stood up and walked over to the bedrooms and paused.
"Did you really mean all that?" She asked quietly
"Every word." I replied, Her face softened
"And darling," I spoke
"Yes?"
I motioned for her to come back. I stood up pulling her into my chest.

"I love you." She mumbled
"And I love you."
George sniffed from his bedroom door causing me and sage to jump apart.
"That was beautiful!" He spoke wiping away a fake tear
"George!" Sage exclaimed
"I knew you two would get it figured out. I cant wait to be your children's favorite uncle." He smiled walking back into his room
Sage looked at me with a flaming face as I grinned down at her.
"Go get some sleep."

-

It's always a good day when the unspoken problem hanging in the air finally gets spoken about and resolved. George had gone out to see MC, Sage was getting some much needed rest, and I was doing the few dishes in the sink.
"Hello Freddie." Sage's tired voice carried from behind me and
"Hello love."

"Where's George?" She asked wrapping her
arms around my torso
She was wearing a long sweater, what I recognized as my sweater that she used to steal all the time. She hadn't in a while, maybe this was the ultimate sign that things were all back to normal again.
"Gone to see his girlfriend." I replied
"Good for him. I expect he was starting to feel lonely after hearing us make up." She joked
"Poor Georgie." I smiled

"Fred?"
"Hm?" I replied
"I'm sorry... about accusing you of cheating on me. I know you wouldn't do that."
"Love, it's fine. I know how that must have looked, you had every right to be upset. I would just prefer if you told me about how you're feeling before we have these fights."
"Like you talk about your feelings all the time."

"This isn't about me." I responded "Now, what can I get you to eat? Have you taken your medicine today? I was going to look in on everyone at the burrow later tonight, do you maybe want to go and get some fresh air?"
"Uhm, whatever is in the fridge, I took my meds when I got up from my nap, and maybe, depends on how I'm feeling." She answered
"Great! I'll heat you up some of last nights dinner?" I offered
"Sounds good."

-

"Hello my dears." Mum smiled wrapping me and then Sage in a tight hug as we entered the burrow. Apparently Serenity and Apollo had been there too. Serenity looking very much pregnant. Dad was in his shed listening to his radio making sure Ron's name wasn't on it. Everyone was worried sick. I went out there to check on him, leaving Sage in the house to talk to her brother.

"Hey dad." I spoke trying not to startle him
"Oh, hello Fred. How is everything? All good?"
"Yeah, yeah, all good. How are you? Any news?"
"No, I'm afraid not. But I suppose we don't want to hear any news. No news means they're probably still going."

Probably, or it meant that Voldemort had caught them and just no one knew yet. They would be fine.
"They'll be fine." I assured him
"Yes... perfectly fine. I'm sure, your mother is the one who's been worried." Dad responded
"Yes but, I know you worry too."
"Come inside it's freezing out here!" Mum called from the house
"Coming dear!" Dad replied
I always admired my parents. One day I hope I have a marriage as strong as theirs. If we all survive that long.

1055 Words

I really didn't know what to write in this chapter... sorry if it's extra mega boring 👍🏽