Chapter 56

Sage's POV:
"Have you figured out your dress yet?" Clementine asked
We were sitting in the back of the library, Hallie sprawled out on the couch and I was sitting on the floor. We were flipping through fashion magazines circling the dresses we liked, that fit in our budget of course.

"Not yet, I'm too indecisive." Hallie sighed circling another dress that caught her eye
"Same here." I groaned
"I think it will just come to me." Clementine said dreamily

-

"I've got it!" Hallie flopped onto her bed
"What?" Clementine questioned
"My dress of course." She chirped
I walked over and sat next to Hallie looking at the dress she had picked out "She's been talking about it non stop."
"Shut up, it's cause my parents are actually letting me get it." Hallie shoved me
"Lucky." Clementine mumbled
"I still haven't decided."
"Clemen, it's quite literally in a week." Hallie stated
"I know." Clementine mothered herself with a pillow
"Sage you've decided between those two right?" Hallie questioned
"Uhm, I think so."

-

Hermione, Hallie, Clementine, and I were meandering around Hogsmeade, the wind carried a cold chill and large grey clouds rolled in. Our eye caught on a small dress shop, it's warm light and delicate fabrics in the window able to draw anyone in.

We walked in a little bell signifying the shop owner someone had come to investigate.
"Hello Dears, how can I help you lovely ladies today?"
The owner was a small old woman, she looked quite fragile and sickly but her eyes held the sparkle of a youthful and strong woman.
"Just looking, thank you." Hermione smiled

Me and Hallie just browsed the racks, we had already picked out our dresses in a magazine. I let my fingers ghost over the different fabrics, until my eye caught on one specific dress. I pulled it off the rack, giving me a better look at the whole dress. It was a turquoise color with accents of red and green, it was made of a flowy material and had flowers scattered all over it. In whole the dress gave the appearance of a floral watercolor painting, without being obnoxious. The sleeves had a delicate puff and the top was built like a corset. The skirt had a poof too it but it wasn't overpowering.
"That dress was one of my most difficult projects, shame none has taken a interest. It would look lovely on you dear." She shop owner smiled approaching me

"O-oh i um, I've already picked my dress out of a magazine." I sheepishly smiled
She nodded in understanding "Most people order their clothes out of a magazine, it's easier. Mass produced, faster delivery, cheaper. Most people don't notice old dress shops like this one anymore."
"Do you hand make all of your dresses?" I asked
"Dresses, accessories, shoes. All my products are hand made. It's not convenient, most dresses are one of a kind, takes longer to receive the final product. But the quality it better here. I expect I'll probably be closing soon, not enough customers."
I felt bad for the older woman, her whole life dedicated to creating high quality dresses and none even cares to notice.
"It's fine of course, about time I retire anyway."
"Excuse me, ma'am? Can my friend try on a dress?" Hermione interrupted
"Yes of course! Right this way." She waddled off with Hermione and Clementine following behind her.

"That dress really would look stunning on you." Hallie smiled
I admired the dress, thinking about it.
"Maybe." I sighed

Clementine ended up finding her dress. It was a very pretty creme colored dress with beautiful and delicate beading with a shoulder cover. I left the shop without the dress but I couldn't stop thinking about it all the rest of the day and night. I knew I had to make a decision because that dress might not be there tomorrow.

I woke up Sunday morning, quickly slipping on my clothes and rushing down to Hogsmeade, well before anyone else was going to be there. I made my way to the cozy dress shop.
"Hello how may I help- oh, it's you again dear." The Woman smiled "What brings you back?"
"I want that dress." I smiled "O-of course if it's still here."
The woman smiled at me and disappeared into the back. She returned a moment later with my dress.
"When I saw you admiring that dress, I knew it was made for you. Although you were uncertain at first I suspected you would be injin back so I stored it for you. I'm not really supposed to do that." She winked
"Thank you." I smiled

"Come on dear, let's take your dress measurements." She ushered

-

"So you went and bought the dress huh?" Hallie asked
I gasped jumping backward almost out of the dorm and almost dropping my dress bag
"Hallie, you scared me! What are you still doing here?"
"Waiting for my roommate to come back so I could nag her about why she was mysteriously gone this morning."
"Ok fine. Yes I went and bought the dress, but listen Hallie, it was made for me. She had to do such minor adjustments that I got to take it home today, she held it for me knowing that the dress was perfect." I explained

"Yes, I know it's perfect for you. The colors compliment your skin tone wonderfully and it's just your style. I just want to know why you didn't tell me you were going."
I didn't really have a reason, thinking back to this morning, I could have told her. Sneaking out now, seems kinda dumb.
"Uhm, yeah I don't have a explanation for that one." I confessed
"Yeah, exactly. That's what I thought." Hallie rolled her eyes "So what did the dress lady tell you?"
"She said the dress was made for me! She also said that she had a feeling that I would be back for the dress so she held onto it for me, even though she isn't supposed to." I smiled
"Well, go on then! Show us the dress!" Hallie clapped

1024 Words