Chapter 109

Sage's POV:
"Oh my god, the color of your drink is lighter than you! What's wrong? Are you ok?" Hallie spoke sitting down next to me in the dining room.
"It's not coffee." I laughed lightly
"What's in it then?"
"Ear Grey, lavender, vanilla, steamed milk."
"Typical Sage with the lavender and vanilla." Hallie smiled

We sat in silence as I continued to sip my tea and stare blankly at the wall.
"Are you ok?" She asked
"No." I replied
"Have you seen Fred lately?"
"No, I haven't seen anyone lately. I haven't even really seen Apollo. He's too busy with his wife."
"He's still your brother." Hallie comforted
"Yes but it's not the same. Before, we were two siblings to lived together. Now, it's his house and I'm his abandoned sister who him and his wife graciously took in. I was here before she was. I don't belong anymore, I need to find a new place."

"Slow down, why don't you try to get through a war before you try to get a new place. It's safe here, you can't say that about anywhere else."
"I know."
The sound of jangling keys alerted us to Apollo and his wife's return.
"Speak of the devil." I mumbled
"Sage were home!" Apollo called
Hallie hopped up leaving me at the table to see her sister. They shared a happy and squealing reunion as Apollo meandered into the dining room where I was.

"Can we talk?" He asked quietly
"I expect we're going to talk no matter what answer I give you so just sit down." I replied
He let out a deep sigh. I felt like I needed to brace myself or something.
"I found out recently that Dad has been watching us. At least when we're here."
So much for it being safe here unlike everywhere else. He looked at me like he was expecting me to combust. I just took another sip of my tea.
"You aren't shocked?" He asked
I set my cup down and gave him my classic really? Face.
"That's fair." He replied

"You didn't come here to just tell me that did you?"
"No." He replied "I want you to get out of here. I want you to go stay somewhere else with anyone. If I'm being honest I would feel best if you went to stay with Fred and George."
"And you're going to stay here?"

"Yes. This is our house, where you grew up. I've put some protection spells on this place but I'm not sure how long term they are."
"Isn't the twins flat a bit high profile? Wouldn't it be too obvious?" I asked
"That's the point. I know for a fact neither mom or dad would look in any high profile place, because up till now we've been too scared to do anything like that."
He had a good point.

"Suppose they won't take me in. They have a business and themselves to think about."
"Oh that's likely. Your boyfriend and your best friend won't take you in. But if that's what your worried about then don't worry about it I've got it handled.
"I'm going to start making dinner darling!" Serenity called from the living room
"Thank you." Apollo replied
You could hear Hallie and Serenity giggling about what they were going to make.

"You might wanna go get dressed, we're expecting company." Apollo spoke
"Oh alright." I sighed getting up from the table
I went upstairs, cuddled in silence with Rosemary for a while and got dressed into more appropriate clothes. I looked out my window staring into a sun lit world. I wanted the clouds back. I suppose my wish was very stupid. People were out there dying as we speak and I'm here wishing for cloudy skies.

"Sage! Come greet our guests!" Serenity called from the stairs
I sighed pulling myself up off the bed. I've been sighing a lot lately. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I looked like I hadn't slept in days and my hair looked terribly impractical. Long curly hair wasn't exactly the best to manage during war time. I had been thinking about cutting it but so far Hallie had told me not to, so I just hadn't. She reminded me how many years it took to get it this long and how disappointed I would be if I cut it off.

"You're being rudeeee!" Hallie called
"I'm coming!" I yelled back
These people have no patience. I picked up Rosemary, tucking him under my arm and headed down the stairs. Hallie had this strange sort of smirk on her face. She looked creepy as she tried to take my dog from me.
"Hey, why are you trying to take my dog-" I whispered
"Will you go greet your guests, I don't even live here and I'm being more hospitable than you."

"What kind of guest are we having over that everyone is on my ass about-"
"Took you bloody long enough."
"What are you two doing here?!" I shouted at the readheaded twins standing in the entry way of my house
"Nice to see you too boo." George stuck his tongue out at me as he walked past
"Fred?" I asked fisting my hands on my hips
"I see a dog has taken my place." He commented leaning down to gently kiss my cheek
He was avoiding my question.
"Come sit, dinner is ready." Serenity spoke leading everyone to the dining room
I grabbed Hallie's arm pulling her back "Do you know why they're here? I would be very cross if I found out you knew and didn't tell me." I warned
"I don't actually, I assumed you knew they were coming."

We both headed into the dining room. Hallie, Serenity and I ended up sitting across from Fred George and Apollo as they exchanged awkward glances. We ate dinner fairly silently except for the occasional compliment on Serenity's cooking.
"Well then, I think I better clear the table and start on the dishes. Hallie, help me please."
"I'll help too-" I started
"No, we have some things to discuss." Apollo stopped me
I looked at him skeptically as I lowered myself back into my seat.
"Let's talk about you going to stay with the twins." Apollo spoke bluntly
"Have you even asked?" I questioned
"I'm asking now." He replied

"I think it's great idea! Don't you agree George?" Fred spoke elbowing a very pale looking George in the side
"Y-yeah."
"I mean I would feel more comfortable knowing we both could look after you and the shop is just below the flat so if anything happened we would know. And since the flat is fairly small it would be easier and more effective to cast long term protective spells and-"
I zoned out. It felt an awful lot like he had been thinking about this. It felt almost, rehearsed.
"We think it's for the best if you come stay with us." Fred spoke finally
"You- you three had already decided hadn't you?" I said anger rising to my cheeks
George gulped nervously as his eyes widened.
"Well ha, um not not exactly-"
"So you what? Just weren't going to consult me?"
"We decided it was for the best." Apollo interrupted
"And I have no say in what's best for me?" I asked getting angrier
"I told you to tell her two months ago!" George finally blurted out
"You've been planning this for months? With no thought to ask me! You just decided to take my life into your hands without even letting me decide? You know what's best for me better than I do?!" I shouted
"After your little episode after Christmas, yes! Yes I do think I know what's best for you better than you do!" Apollo shouted back

Everyone sucked in a awkward breath at Apollo's comment as I sat there dumbfounded.
"That.... was totally different."
"Either way. This new situation will give me peace of mind and I know they will take very good care of you."
I nodded dumbly at his statement. George gave me a sympathetic look. The decision was made, nothing to do about it now. It wasn't the having to go stay with my boyfriend and my best friend part that upset me. It was the not asking me before planning out my life without even asking for my thoughts or opinions that upset me.
"I see." I spoke finally,
I hope you do see, we only want what's best for you. We love and care aboutyou, very much." Apollo assured me
Maybe he was right.

1440 Words