Chapter 21

Sage's POV:
Me and Hallie were in our dorm room getting ready to go to Hogsmeade. We had planned to meet up with Clementine and head down there together. I put my hair into two space buns and threw on my coat and gloves. Hallie had finished before me so she was reading a book down in our common room.

I plopped down next to her and we waited for Clementine. Once we had collected all three of us we left and headed down to Hogsmeade. Our first stop was the bookshop... naturally. Then it was the candy shop, then some other shops, then Zonko's. I did a lot of unnecessary shopping and impulse buying today, we finished off our trip by getting a butterbeer. We sat, chatted, and sipped our drinks. Eventually our trip was over and headed back to the school and to our dorms to drop of our goods.

I decided to go off and find the twins. Don't judge me. Anyway, I found them wandering the hallway, we decided we wanted to sneak into their common room to hang out for a while. We were going up the stairs when we noticed a large crowd gathering in front of the common room entrance. Luckily the twins were tall enough to just navigate through the people to the front and they just dragged me along.

"What's going on?" Fred asked loudly
"The fat lady, she's gone." Ginny replied
"What??" This was absurd, I couldn't believe it
Just then Dumbledore came barreling through the crowd of students "Let me through please! Mr. Filch, round up all the ghosts and tell them to search every painting for the fat lady."

This was crazy, how did the fat lady disappear? What is going on? Just then a scream echoed through the corridor, the whole crowd moved in the direction the scream came. Fred told me that the fat lady was found in another painting and that's she looked a little beaten up. I could hear her talking I just couldn't see. I hate being short sometimes.

"Eyes like the devil he's got and a soul as dark as his name. It was him! The one they talk about, he's her somewhere in the castle! Sirius Black!
The students stirred, a panic flowed through the crowd. Dumbledore's voice broke through the panicked shouting "Secure the castle, the rest of you. To the great hall."
He decided it would be best if the houses stayed the night in the great hall till all the common rooms and dorms had been searched and cleared.

We were allowed back into our rooms to grab a few necessities for the night and the next morning. Everyone seemed to carry a nervous energy over Sirius black being in the castle. I couldn't blame them though, I mean he is a murderer. Once I had collected my things I headed down with Hallie and we met up with the rest of our group in the great hall. We were allowed to sleep anywhere in the hall but we could only leave to use the restroom.

Me, Hallie, Clementine, and MC all headed into the restroom together and got ready for bed, talking about our concern for if Sirius Black really was going after students now.
"Surely not, what have we even done for him to start coming after us?" Hallie questioned
"He doesn't need a reason he's a murderer and an evil person." MC answered
Something didn't seem to add up, I mean all of a sudden he breaks out of Azkaban and instead of going after people who have wronged him or something he goes after a bunch of students? It just didn't add up.

Once we had finished we headed back into the hall and set up our sleeping places. I was in between Fred and George, Hallie was across from me, MC across from George, Clementine next to Hallie with Karl next to her. We were no small group that's for sure.

We stayed up for a while talking about random things trying to distract ourselves from the possibly dangerous situation we were in. We talked about Christmas and what we hopped to get, though deep down I think we were all hoping not to die before Christmas.

We had been talking for way longer than we thought and Snape came over to make sure we shut up for the rest of the night. Though he probably would have preferred we never spoke again. Hallie had snuck in a book and a flashlight and was reading under her blanket, Clementine was laying there having a nervous breakdown, George was out cold snoring, I don't know about everyone else. After about 15 minutes I started shivering, I didn't expect to be so cold so I hadn't brought a warmer blanket or a sweater. I guess this is my life now.

I heard some shuffling, and I assumed it was just someone rolling over in their sleep. Until I heard a familiar whisper "Are you cold?"
"Yeah, a bit. How did you know?" I responded
"I can quite literally hear your teeth chattering." Fred retorted
"Oh..."
Fred sat up and took of his jumper, the one his mum had knitted him with the giant F on it "Here take it."
I felt kind of bad for taking his jumper but I was too cold to be denying his offer.
"Thank you Freddie."
"Anytime love."
I don't know when he switched from calling me Sage, to calling me munchkin, to calling me love but I can't say I'm upset about it.

His jumper was way way way to big on me, I loved it. It was also warm since he had just been wearing it. Why have I never asked for his jumper before? This is incredible. After a few minutes his warmth left the jumper and I was shivering again. Although I was very comfortable.
Fred stirred again "Are you still cold?"
I eyed him through the dark "Maybe.."

Fred's POV:
I lifted my blankets inviting her to come lay next to me. I felt bad for her, I couldn't just leave her to shiver all night. I could feel her hesitation and I assured her it was fine. Eventually she let out a resigned sigh and scooted over to where I was laying.

I wrapped my arms around her making sure she was completely under the blankets, she was still shivering and we were laying there slightly awkward and tense. Sage eventually gave up and cuddled up next to me, burying her head in my chest. I wrapped my arms tighter around her and we both started to doze off.
"Mmm, you're warm." Sage commented
I let out a small laugh at her remark and took in the feel of her smaller frame wrapped in my arms. Her hair in two long French braids, my jumper that was way too big on her.

I wanted this moment to last forever. I wanted to be able to hold her forever. It's quite strange, I've been friends with a lot of girls before but I've never felt this way about any of them. I wonder what's different about Sage. Is it because I've been friends with her longer than any other girl?

Before my thoughts could churn any longer I fell asleep with Sage right next to me.

Next Morning

"Oh my Merlin! Someone get a camera! No, I need a picture of this! Their so cute, stop! This is amazing! Actually, someone get me a CAMERA NOW!" Oh, thank you. This is amazing, I'm going to need as many copies of this as possible. Bloody hell finally, their just so cute! Oh, I think their waking up."

Sage and I woke up to Hallie hovering over us with the widest smile and a camera in her hands. I hadn't realized my grip on Sage was so tight till she tried to sit up and slap Hallie only to fall back into my chest. I released my grip and Sage went chasing after Hallie, who looked like she was having the time of her life.

Sage's POV:
I chased Hallie around the great hall till the professors shouted at us to stop. I hadn't realized that everyone was staring at us, I walked embarrassed back to my sleeping mat. Burying my head in my arms, and curling up into the jumper I had on.
"Why? Why would you do that?" I questioned Hallie
She gave me the biggest grin I've ever seen "Because you two are finally dating! After all this time! You both got it together!"
My face was as red as the twins hair, I looked over and Fred's face was even redder "W-we aren't dating!"
"Wait- you aren't?" Halle shouted
About ready to either up and die I am.
"B-but you two were literally sleeping together! You're wearing his jumper! He had his arms wrapped around you! You two were literally cuddling!"
"I was cold and Fred lent me his jumper and then I was still cold so he let me sleep NEXT to him, that's all." I remarked

Hallie huffed and rested her fists on her hips giving me a look like I was the daftest child she'd ever met. We were instructed to clean up our areas and assured that Sirius black wasn't in the school and that we were safe. I was glad for an escape, I cleaned up my area as fast as possible exiting the great hall avoiding all the stares and Hallie's commentary.

1599 Words