Chapter 20

I wanted to start this chapter off by saying I am so so sorry for like disappearing and not posting for a while. I am on a band trip right now and they have literally kept us so busy all day that I crash when we get back to the hotel room. There has been literally no free time whatsoever and so I haven't been writing. Anyway enough rambling let's get into this chapter and I hope you enjoy!

Sage's POV:
A perfectly snowy Sunday morning and I'm inside the library with a bunch of losers. Don't get me wrong reading is amazing and one of my favorite pastimes but like seriously. It's so perfect outside, everything is covered in a shimmering white powder and we're choosing to neglect this opportunity.

Flipping absentmindedly through my book I look up and Hallie is gazing at me with an intense yet emotionless expression. Kinda creepy but she must be spacing out so I can't judge. Or she's trying to communicate with me telepathically. Who knows.

Hallie's POV:
Karl was on my right giving me weird glances as I spaced out thinking about Sage and Fred. They're total opposites yet they are what I would call 'a perfect match' Sage enjoyed reading, rainy days, and classical music. On the other hand, Fred didn't enjoy reading or anything that made him sit still, he enjoyed the sun and playing quidditch under it, he also couldn't stand classical music. He says it's all depressing.

Not what people would call a perfect match but they make it work. Even if they aren't dating.... yet. I cant help feeling bad for George though. Always their third wheel, he deserves someone to help him out. That's half the reason I'm here also third wheeling, or I guess in this case I'm fourth wheeling.

Finally Sage let out an exasperated sigh and looked up from her book. That she obviously hadn't been actually reading.
"Hey, wanna go outside?"
An awkward tension that I hadn't noticed till now suddenly released and Fred let out a a relived sigh
"Thank Merlin I thought I was going to have to sit here all day!
"Fred! Why didn't you say anything? We could've gone outside sooner!" Sage exclaimed, sounding slightly worried like Fred sitting might've taken a toll on his health
"Well bloody hell Sage every other time I try to say something when your reading you hit me."
Oh now he's done it, Fred has really done it.

Suddenly a smack rang through the room.
"I do not! And it's completely insensitive for you to say such an outrageous thing!"
Sage had hit the back of Fred's head with the force of professor Snape.
Fred rubbed the back of his head and groaned in pain. Completely insensitive huh? Poor Fred I know his pain but I can't really blame Sage either.

We all gathered our things and returned books to their rightful place on the shelf, heading for the library doors. As we headed out we grabbed our coats, gloves, and scarves, making our way outside. Fred and Sage were ahead of everyone, George and I teased the couple as we meandered around. Once the two were out of earshot I grabbed giant 2.0 by the arm and put fourth an idea.

George agreed to my idea smiling widely. We crouched down, collecting snow in our hands forming it into a snowball. We stood back, exchanged sly smirks, aimed, nodded, and fired. Our attacks landed right on target, the snowballs pressing into the backs of Fred and Sage. Fred flinched, spinning around and collecting snow in his hands. Sage gasped slapping a hand to her mouth and pressing her other hand to her chest. After recovering she laughed it off and started gathering ammo.

This, was war.

I threw a snowball at Fred who returned the favor causing me to run in the opposite direction. Sage was laughing so hard she could barley get a good throw in and George was making a barrier for himself. Snow days were always the best when spent with the right people.

We were all running in different directions, Fred had chosen to target me and Sage was running from George. Sage was screaming for Fred to save her, but he was too busy getting hit in the face with my snowball. Snow stuck to his eyebrows and Sage ran up hiding behind him. Fred laughed and moved out of the way, enabling George to hit Sage with the snowball he had been chasing her around with.

"George!" She shrieked
Fred and George just exchanged a thumbs up
"Are we just not going to notice that Fred's brows are covered in sow because of me?" I laughed wanting some attention for my accomplishment
"No, yeah we should definitely talk about it!" Sage giggled
Fred used his sleeve to wipe the excess snow away and gathered more in his hands, pelting Sage in the face.
"Can we point out that Sage's face is covered in snow?" He asked triumphantly
I had to hold in my laugh looking at Sage's very unamused expression.

"I'm heading in to the warmth." Sage mumbled while making her way back inside
We all agreed it would be best not to catch cold from standing outside.

Sage's POV:
Snowball frights are fun and such but once people start shivering its time to head inside. Once Fred had landed that snowball in my face I was ready to head inside, I wasn't upset or anything, In fact it was quite funny when you think about it. I was just too cold to stay out any longer.

I grabbed me a hot cup of coffee with vanilla and some milk, and sat down between the twins on the couch. Hallie had left with Karl once she had gotten her cup of tea. The three of us chatted for a bit before settling down into a comfortable silence.

The dim lighting, the warm fire, the comfortable couches, and the two 6'2 heaters sitting on either side of me. I couldn't help but start to feel drowsy, eventually I dozed off before I could set my cup of coffee down.

Nap time~

My eyes fluttered open and I slowly but surely started waking up. My head was laying in Fred's lap, a blanket had been laid over me, and Fred had fallen asleep sitting up resting his head on his hand. It was the most comfortable and safe I've felt in a while all I wanted to do was lay there and never move again.

I laid there between consciousness and sleep, my curls were strewn everywhere. Fred must've been half awake too cause I could hear him gently humming a tune, brushing the curls out of my face. I dozed off again and after a while I felt George gently shaking me and Fred awake "Hey you two sleepy heads, it's time to get up."
I curled up pulling the blanket over my head, leaving only my curls to be seen out from under the blanket. Fred stretched and rubbed the sleep from his eyes "How long were we asleep?" He asked
"Oh a good three and a half hours" George replied "The others are in the library and they sent me to come get you two."

Once me and Fred had woken up enough the three of us made our way to the library. Once we had settled in Hallie slipped me a smirk, I just rolled my eyes at her. She shouldn't even be making fun of me when she's basically cuddling with Karl and a book. Fred and I sat down on either side of the chess board and started a new game, George had disappeared. (Legend says he was off with MC)

Ending the good day on a good note I won four rounds of chess and now Fred owes me a butterbeer.

1325 Words
6/8/22