Chapter 61

Sage's POV:
"And she kept manhandling him, and randomly making out with him!" I ranted
I was in my dorm room complaining to Hallie about Angelina's treatment of George.
"Alright stop, you're going to make me gag." Hallie was sat on the edge of her bed slipping on her converse
"You've been getting closer to George, you know what I'm talking about." I sighed
"Yeah I know. So how are you and Fred?" She asked

"I think we're doing good! I guess I just can't help but feel insecure sometimes. I've never been in a healthy relationship... I've never really been in a relationship at all."
"So what do you mean by a healthy relationship?" Hallie questioned
"I dunno, I guess I always felt like if I wanted to be loved I had to have some type of worth and now, I don't. Now people love me and I haven't even done anything and it makes me nervous." I confessed
Hallie wrapped me in a side hug "You're just that amazing." She laughed
"Oh yeah for sure." I laughed

We headed downstairs for breakfast, the next task was only two days away and according to Clementine, Harry still hadn't figured out the egg. When we reached the doors of the great hall I noticed someone standing right outside, which wasn't unusual. I just noticed because it was Georgi and he looked like he was waiting for someone. I also noticed Fred waving frantically at me from where he was sitting, causing me to laugh.

"Sage." Georgi called
Hallie and I both turned to face him, so I told Hallie to go in without me.
"Hi, what's up?" I chirped
I noticed Fred and George giving me a confused look and Angelina trying to sit between them.
"C-can we go somewhere to talk please?"
He seemed nervous which wasn't unusual but he did seem kinda off.
"Uh- uhm sure."
I took one last glance back at the table to which I noticed pretty much our whole group staring at me with confused and concerned looks. I shrugged at them trying to communicate that I didn't know what was going on.

We walked all the way to the library right back to the spot where we met.
"So I need you to know some things." He started
He started inching closer to me causing me to back up slightly.
"I think you're very attractive and I love how close we've become."
His statement was making me nervous 'very attractive'? What is happening.
"But I'm not ready to be in a relationship and what would be the point when I'm leaving after this." He continued
If he wasn't ready for a relationship, then why are we here? I was growing more and more uncomfortable. I wanted Fred to burst in and rescue me.
"But that doesn't change the fact that I find you very beautiful, and I can't stop the feelings I have when I'm around you."

That's when it hit me. He wasn't looking for a relationship, he was looking for a friend with benefits. This wasn't right, this wasn't happening.

He kept moving closer and closer to me, I backed up until I hit the bookshelf. I wanted to cry, but I wasn't going to.
"So I was wondering if we could, you know, do stuff. Without the attachment of being in a relationship."
He was standing far too close and his hand was caressing my arm. He wasn't coming off as creepy though, more like he had no idea how horrible this suggestion is. I just wanted Fred to come and get me. I hated this, of course I didn't want this but I didn't want to hurt him. This is stupid he just wants sex, why do I feel bad for telling him no? I started making myself as small as possible, hoping he would give up and leave. He didn't, his hand stayed right in place and he continued to pressure me.
"Come on we could have the best of all worlds."
"Please stop." I whispered
"Come on Sage."

"I would appreciate it if you could back away from my girlfriend." Fred growled
Georgi's head snapped towards him, I've never felt such relief before.
"She told you to stop."
"Listen you're not involved in this, she is my friend I have the right to talk to her."
"And I have the right to tell you to back up when you're making her uncomfortable." Fred started moving closer "Now leave, before I make you."
Luckily nothing got ugly and Georgi left, not before shooting me a wink as he passed Fred.

I let out a sigh, sliding down the bookshelf onto the floor. I couldn't stop the few tears from escaping, but I was by no means sobbing.
"Are you ok? What did he do? Are you hurt? Oh Merlin I'm going to kill him. Sage? Darling please talk to me."
"I'm ok." I sniffed
"What was he doing?" Fred asked
He held me like a fragile piece of porcelain as he gently ran his fingers through my hair.
"I know what you're thinking, and he didn't attack me."
I had my arms wrapped around him, with a tight grip on his uniform jumper, my face was buried in his chest.
"He wanted some type of friends with benefits situation. I'm ok, I'm alright."
"He was practically on top of you, I could have killed him."
Fred stayed with me and held me until I was ok again, I felt dramatic. Nothing had happened I was just scared, yet I made Fred think something worse had happened.

I collected myself up off the floor and concealed any remanence left of my tears. Me and Fred headed back to the great hall. I decided I didn't want to say anything about what happened and Fred respected my decision. We went about things like normal, talked to Harry about the tournament, Clementine and Hermione harassed him about not having the egg figured out.

Classes went by like normal and I finally made it to the end of the day, I avoided the library like a plague and Fred stuck to me like glue. Some students giving us dirty looks as usual, I don't know why they care so much. It's not their life or their decision.

Today must have been the day for big events. I was walking with Fred when I bumped into a girl, she was one of those girls that wasn't that basic blonde pretty girl but she was one of those girls you would be jealous of.

"I'm sorry!" I smiled making sure she was ok
"Oh that's totally fine."
I helped her pick her books up off the floor before remembering to introduce myself.
"My name is Sage by the way."
"You're so sweet! I'm new here, we should totally be friends. My name is Claudia." She squealed
I outstretched my hand for her to shake and she jumped forward engulfing me in an uncomfortable hug. Something tells me she's going to be around for a while.

1184 Words