Chapter 30

Fred's POV:
It was cool waking up the morning after getting home for break knowing that most of my friends were there and that I don't have to write or wait until we got back to school to talk to them.

"Fred! George! Get up, your mum has breakfast made." Sage exclaimed shaking me and George awake
I two of us groaned, George just fell back asleep while I rolled over pulling a pillow on top of my head. It was too bright outside to be getting up.
"Wake. Up!"

"Fine." I mumbled
I sat up in bed throwing my legs over the edge, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. Sage's back was facing me since she was occupied with getting George out of bed.

She was so adorable. She had forgotten to put her hair up last night, so her curls were crazy and everywhere. A few strands even sticking straight up. She was wearing a blue jumper that was too big for her and reached almost to her knees that had little lavenders embroidered all over it.

Once she felt she had woken George up enough she turned around to make sure I was up.
"Morning love." I yawned
"Bloody hell!" Sage screeched covering her eyes and dropping into a crouching position "Put some clothes on!"

I looked over at George, remembering that we were both shirtless and in some plaid pajamas pants. We both got up grabbing a random shirt, or in my case jumper to put on.
"Ok it's safe to look." I assured her
Sage peeked through her fingers before fully believing me. Standing up once she knew we were both decent.

"Well- breakfast is downstairs." Sage stated
She was obviously flustered, which was the highlight of my morning so far.
"To be fair, it doesn't look like your wearing any pants." George remarked as he walked out the room
"Hey! I'm wearing pants!" Sage yelled chasing George down the stairs to attack him.

Everyone headed downstairs for breakfast, stopping on the way there to giggle at Harry and Clementine cuddled up on the chair passed out on each-other. As soon as most of us had made it to the table Mum and Dad left to do some last minute shopping.

About an hour later Clementine walked in, she'd obviously just woken up.
She walked in, piled some food on her plate and sat in the nearest empty spot "When did you all wake up?"
"About an hour ago." I responded

Once everyone had finished breakfast we all went upstairs to get dressed and ready. We had decided to head out and look at some shops. I had finally gotten my jumper back from Sage so I decided to wear that with some brown flare jeans, throwing on some rings I had laying around. Of course George matched me only wearing his jumper which was a different color.

We headed downstairs where everyone was waiting, after about five minutes of everyone waiting on Sage she came rushing down the stairs with her brown converse in hand.
"Merlin Sage hurry up we're waiting on you." Hallie rolled her eyes
Sage quickly slipped on her shoes and tied them "I don't see you having to deal with knotted curly hair."
"Touché." Hallie responded

We all headed out and to the shops. Pretty much immediately everyone split up. Me and George found a prank shop, Sage and Hallie found a bookshop and Harry, Karl, and Clementine went into a cafe. Hermione decided to stay at the burrow and Ron decided to stay with her. That boy is in love.

After a while of looking around we decided on a few things to buy, only the things we needed now seeing as Christmas is in two weeks. Hallie and Sage came into the shop, they must've finished pretty fast if they were back over here again.
"Come on! I want to get to that Cafe!" Hallie urged speeding off ahead of everyone

She is in a hurry today." I commented
George nodded in agreement.
"Yeah, she wouldn't be if she knew I had an extra present for her in my bag right now." Sage smirked
"Another one? Didn't you already buy her a whole book series?" I whispered
"Yeah... I have problems." She sighed

The morning had gone by pretty quickly and before we knew it we were heading back to the house. Mum and Dad were back by then with lunch ready so we all sat down and ate. Mum asked us about our day and Sage went off about how wonderful the bookshop was.

I noticed the whole time she was talking Mum had the sweetest smile in her face. That must mean Mum actually likes her and Sage is getting more comfortable. Once lunch was over Hallie and Sage sped upstairs to start reading their books and I offered to help Mum with the dishes.

"Fred, I want you to know I really like Sage." Mum stated
I looked over at her with a smile plastered on my face "Really? Do you really?"
"Yes, she's a very sweet and gentle girl." Mum chirped
I heard Percy from the table scoff while 'reading' the daily prophet.
I turned around from where I was doing dishes, leaning against the sink "And what's your problem with her? She's done absolutely nothing!" I stated getting slightly agitated
"You know who her parents are. Children like that are never what they seem." He responded with a tone like that was obvious and we were all just daft

"Percy! How can you speak of her in such a way? She has been nothing but kind and respectful." Mum scolded
Percy just shook his head. I am always amazed at how completely stupid he was.

Once I had finished the dishes I went to head back upstairs but Mum grabbed me and wrapped me in a hug.
I leaned down to be level with her and she wrapped her arms around me "My boy does know how to find good people."
I chuckled at her comment and hugged her back.

I made my way up the stairs and past the room where Hallie and Sage were, I looked over to see Sage laughing at something Hallie had said. That smile, Merlin that smile always lit up my day. Completely priceless and perfect.

This woman owns me and she doesn't even know it.

1066 Words
6/24/22