Chapter 105

Apollo's POV:
I thought Fred was lying when he apparated to the house with Sage's wand in hand describing what she had done. But the sound of my sister banging on the door and shouting about how this was for the best proved he wasn't. Why hadn't I been lettered about this before? Obviously this hasn't started in just the last few days.

I went inside her room, exchanging a nod with Fred before locking myself in there with her. I cast a silencing charm on the room. Right decision. It was a bloody screaming match, that I intended to win.

Fred's POV:
He had been in there for over an hour, you couldn't hear a single damn thing. Hallie was standing next to me as she bit all her nails off. She had suffered just as much as I had this past month. Everything felt so fast. One minute she's headed back to Hogwarts and then next I'm bawling my eyes out outside her dorm room.

"I still can't believe you came." Hallie spoke
"I had to."
"I suppose you did."
Finally the door clicked open quietly. She finally looked like herself. Not some deranged, frail, loud version of her. She looked losses though. She came and stood against the wall next to me.
"I may have overreacted slightly." She mumbled
I scoffed pushing myself off the wall. That whole show, I sobbed against her door and that's all she has to say?

I started making my way down the hall and outside so I could apparate back to the flat. I was mad at her.
"Fred wait!" She spoke chasing after me
I ignored her. She ran up behind me trying to get me to stop but I wouldn't budge.
"Fred please!" She struggled
I walked into the courtyard pulling out my wand.
"Fredrick!" She shouted
I stopped, looking at her angrily, she had a nerve. Talking to me like that.

"Respond to my fucking letters." I snapped
She looked at me shocked at my harsh words as I apparated out of sight. I let out a heavy sigh sitting down on the couch. I felt drained. For the first time being with her I felt drained and was kind of glad to be rid of her for a while. Though I knew I would feel guilty for feeling this way later.

"Is she ok?" George asked
"She's fine." I responded flatly
"What happened?"
"She decided to isolate herself, she thinks it's her and Apollo's fault the burrow burned down. I had to go get him to talk her down. And all she had to say to me was that the may have 'overreacted slightly" I let out an annoyed laugh "After quite literally sobbing in front of her door."
"Ohp-" George replied "As long as she's ok right?" He offered
"Yeah, I just don't want to speak to her right now."

"Everyone has their moments. Besides her fear is understandable. That night was a lot, especially for her. Remember how bad her panic attacks were that night? We thought we were going to have to take her to the hospital." George reminded me
"I know."
"But, I can understand why you would be upset with her. Just don't let it last." George advised
"I know."
He stood up from the breakfast table setting his cup in the sink "I'm going to bed, food is in the fridge if you want it. Night."
"Night George."

Sage's POV:
Everyone was mad at me, including Fred. And rightfully so. Maybe I'll go back to the astronomy tower. I had tried playing the whole scene off with a joke but I think it upset Fred more. How had I gotten myself into this mess? Maybe I'm not as mature as everyone thinks.

I pulled the box out from under my bed. How did I think I could have lived without Hallie or Fred? I pulled out the packets of letters Fred had sent me in earnest.
I need you
I love you
You're everything to me
Please not now
The letters only served to make me feel worse.

I put everything back and set my wand in my desk drawer, deciding I was done with magic for the evening. I pulled out a quill and parchment and started writing masses of letter to Fred. Mostly apologizing but also telling him how much he meant to me. This was a mess. I was a mess. There would be some needed recovery after this. Apollo had even suggested therapy. Maybe I should take up his offer.

"Hallie?"
"What?" She snapped
"I'm sorry."
She sighed rolling over slightly so she could look at me "I know. I forgive you but I'm still upset. Just let me sleep it off."
"Ok. Goodnight."
"Goodnight."

The next morning was even more of a nightmare if that was even possible. There was a lot of going around and apologizing and explaining. I got a letter from Fred that evening. It wasn't very long but it was enough to release my remaining anxiety, not so much the remaining guilt. It was like a prank gone too wrong or something. Now I have to live with the guilt and embarrassment forever.

Sage,
I forgive you. I love you too. Just don't do anything like that ever again. Have a good day.
-Fred

Most of my life had been mended. An improvement on yesterday morning.
"Maybe you should get professional help." Hallie suggested
"Maybe."
"Well anyway, it's over now so we'll move on." Hallie comforted
"Thank you."

Once dinner was over I went back up to my dorm. Hallie already had plans with her other group so I just went off by myself. I wrote Fred his daily letter and sent it off with Neptune. Heading into my closet I pulled out Fred's jumper from a drawer and slipped it on. It smelled like him again since I had forced him to take it back till it smelled normal again. I was lucky to have him. Most men would have left by now, but not him. He was special.

1020 Words