Chapter 80

Sage's POV:
Christmas break was only in a few days, it was crazy to think about how the year had just breezed by. Although Umbridge hadn't made it any easier. As she made sure couples were never together other girls had started trying to flirt with Fred and George. They thought they had suddenly broken up with us or something.

Everyone was bustling with excitement. I still didn't know where I was going for my holiday. I was already missing my friends and we hadn't even left yet. I walked into the library looking for Hallie, unfortunately I found her.

I found her making out with George in the back of the library. She has the audacity to be talking to me about being nasty with Fred when I'm the one always walking in on her getting freaky. Hallie and I made eye contact, she froze. I decided to turn on my heel and start walking away.

"Sage wait!" She called
Not a chance. I wanted to beach my eyeballs.
"It's not what it looks like." She said grabbing my arm
"Where is there room for misinterpretation?" I retorted
"George was just helping me study." She said

She couldn't hide that smug smirk from me.
"Oh Merlin!" I threw my hands up in the air "He was helping you study?! That's almost worse!"
"Sage-"
"No! I don't want to hear about your sex life." I said walking off

The halls were practically empty as most students were packing their bags for break. Everyone was leaving tomorrow. Hallie and I had agreed to sleepover at the twins dorm, since we wouldn't get to see each other until break was over.

We played board games, talked about the twins joke shop a bunch of other random stuff as well.
"What did you ask for?" Hallie questioned
"A mother." I said
It was a joke but I kept my face a bit too serious. Everyone looked at me with concern and light fear. They didn't know I was joking until I burst out laughing at their facial expressions.

"Don't scare us like that!" Fred sighed
We decided to head to bed a little bit early since we would have to be getting up for the train. Somehow we all managed to fall asleep quickly.

"Mr. Weasley! Wake up." McGonagall shook Fred awake before turning to George
We all looked at each other panicked, girls weren't really supposed to be in the boys dorms much less in bed with them.
"Come with me." She said grimly

We all rushed out of the dorm behind the Professor. She stopped Ginny's room as well as Percy's. We had no idea what was going on. She took us to Dumbledore's office where Ron, Clementine, and Harry were. Harry looked like he was having a panic attack at Dumbledore rushed around the room giving urgent orders.

Of course us girls other than Ginny weren't allowed to stay. We stood outside the door trying to hear. I couldn't help but start pacing whole biting my nails. We could hear something about Arthur.
"LOOK AT ME!" Harry bellowed

The three of us back away from the door in slight fear. We all leaned in again trying to eavesdrop. Some cleared their throat behind us causing us all to jump back.
"What are you three doing awake."
None of us knew how to answer him so he just ignored us and walked into the room.

When I looked inside the room, I saw Dumbledore. He looked quite serious, more so than usual but I also saw Fred. All the color had drained from his face as he stared blankly at the floor. All of them, they all looked horrified, I couldn't bare it, I started tearing up. They were like my family, to think if something had happened.

She door shut once again in our faces only to be reopened by snape dragging Harry away. Professor McGonagall exiting after him.
"You need to go off to bed, all three of you." She spoke
I didn't really give a shit about what she wanted. All due respect, she's truly an icon but not now. I was waving them now.

I pushed past her rushing up to Fred and holding him close to me. I wasn't exactly sure what was going on but I knew what Fred needed. Hallie had rushed in after me and was holding George's hand. I gently stroked Fred's hair, McGonagall looking at us giving in. She only made Clementine leave.

"Th Weasleys are going to be leaving tonight." Dumbledore said "I'm afraid just the Weasleys."
"Wha-" Fred started
"Um sir. Mrs. Weasley insisted Miss Jackson accompany her children as well actually."
Dumbledore nodded curtly "Very well then. You will all return to your dorms to get your things and you will be leaving tonight."

We all got to Sirius's, we all waited all night to hear if Arthur was ok. Molly had been apparating back to give us any new news. Apollo was at the hospital with her, keeping her company. I guess since he was there and we we're staying Molly wanted me to come back with the rest of her kids

We were currently in Sirius' living area, Ginny was curled up in a chair, George was pacing in front of the fireplace, and Fred's leg wouldn't stop bouncing. Sirius was sat next to me on the larger couch as I read aloud to calm the fear that ran through the air.

Apollo and Molly suddenly appeared back. Molly look so tired, dark circles evident under her eyes. I stood up giving her my seat.
"That's it, the doctors say he will be fine." She smiled tiredly
It felt as if he all had been holding a collective breath, it was released when she gave us the good news.

"We can all go to bed now. We have a lot to do tomorrow to prepare for our Christmas party."
The next day was a lot of fun. Arthur got to come home, Molly made more food than anyone could ever imagine.

I got a Weasley jumper. It was perfect, brown with a purple S on it. I couldn't have been happier, I'll still be stealing Fred's jumpers though. It was sad to think that Christmas break would be over in two weeks but I did miss my friends.

1064 Words
9/24/22