Chapter 49

Hallie's POV:
"Hey Hallie!" I heard George call as he ran up behind me
"Oh, hey George. How are you?" I asked
George quickly fell into step next to me "Nothing much what about you?"
"Oh I was just wandering around looking for Sage."
"Oh, don't bother shes with Fred... probably snogging or something" He made a joking disgusted face
I laughed at his response, we always enjoyed teasing and joking about Sage and Fred.

I offered to play some board games with him since our usual companions were occupied with each other. I always forget that George is a lot of fun to hang out with, I kinda always saw him as my best friend's boyfriend's twin brother who was nice.

"So how are you and Karl?" George asked smirking up at me
I watched him strategically place his chess piece.
"I think we're doing good." I blushed thinking about how George probably knew about Sage and Fred walking in on me and Karl snogging
"How are you and MC?" I asked
He leaned back against the chair and let out a laugh "What is it with everyone? People always ask me how me and MC are doing. I don't have feelings for her, she's just a really great friend."
"Oh, I- I thought? Well anyway then, who do you like then?" I questioned making my move on the chess board
"Angelina, she's practically perfect." He sighed "of course she would never go for me, she's way out of my league."
That wasn't the answer I expected.

"Oh, hey I totally forgot. Me and Fred are gonna have a kinda party in our dorm tonight, you wanna come?"
"I mean sure why not." I shrugged
"Pretty much everyone in the group is invited, Sage, Mc, Lee, Clementine, Karl, you, Finn."
"Oh then I'll definitely be there." I chirped

"Hey Hallie, hey George." I heard Karl from behind me
I turned and smiled at him.
"What are you two up to?" He asked curiously
"Well we are comforting each other because Fred and Sage are off snogging together." I dramatically fell backwards onto the floor I was sitting on.
Karl laughed and George nodded pretending to be deeply upset.

-

We were all sat in a circle in the twins dorm between their beds in the entrance, they had a whole collection of liquor bottles and shot glasses. Their dorm was a lot more cozy than I expected, the lights had been dimmed and the fireplace crackling gave it a warm feeling, as well as all the maroon throughout the room. There were some prank products strewn about the desk and around it but for the most part their room was clean, and of course the comforters that Mrs. Weasley had made specially for them just added to the whole aesthetic.

"Alright, everyone ready?" Fred smirked plopping down between Sage and George
"Well I'm sure I would say yes if I knew what we were doing." MC rolled her eyes
Fred had a mischievous glint in his eye as he proceeded to explain what we were doing "Were going to play dare or drink-" he started filling shot glasses with the alcohol
"Basically you get a dare and you either do it or drink, and then at the end of the game we see who can handle the most shots." George finished explaining

Most everyone seemed down for it, I was slightly concerned though. Although this could be a good opportunity.

"Alright, who wants to go first?" Fred asked
"Meh, why not." MC leaned forward looking around the room
"Hallie."
"Yes?" I gulped

-

We were all huddled around Sage and Fred chanting, at least... most of us were. Karl was passed out on the floor and George was over in the corner singing some random song with Finn laughing at him. Clementine was sitting by the door with her hands folded neatly in her lap, yeah she doesn't drink apparently.

The game had long since ended and the fight to find out who could hold their liquor best had begun, everyone had ducked out and now it was between Sage and Fred. I was kind of surprised, I was sure MC would be the last to survive. The two were practically having a staring contest, only cutting the eye contact short to down another shot. So far they were tied, 13 shots each. Most of us had lost the challenge at 7-8 shots, it doesn't take much to get someone feeling a little light. Both Fred and Sage were red in the face and could barely keep up with what they were saying.

"Yeah? Well you can kiss me weaselbee." Sage slurred as she downed another shot
"Only if you marry me jack the son." Fred downed another shot as well, evening the score
"Are you insulting each other or flirting?" MC laughed
"Should we stop them?" I asked getting slightly worried
I knew they had already drank more than was good for them. Boy is Sage going to feel this one in the morning.

Sage was struggling to get coherent sentences out and on top of that she had been hiccuping for the past 15 minutes.
"I just- wanted to let you know. That- your face- has dots on it." Sage giggled pointing at Fred's face "y-um you might wanna- get that chec-ked out."
I'm not sure if I'm concerned or amused right now. I have a feeling I'll need poor sober Clementine to help me carry people back to their dorms.
"Yeah? Well your eyeballs have h-hair growing out of them. You might wanna get THAT check-ed out." Fred retorted reaching for another shot
"That's-alwaysbeen there silly." Sage laid down on the floor laughing

"Yeah I think now is a good time to stop them." MC nodded at me
I went to sage and she went to Fred, we both gently took the shots out of their hands and sat them up.
"Ok honey it's time to go now." I patted Sage's cheek
She responded with a pained groan "Noooooooo I want to stay with my husband-" she slurred reaching over for Fred who was falling asleep while sitting up
"No dear, he said he would only kiss you if you were married. Not that you two are married." I explained
She slumped over in my grasp, clearly upset by my response.

I let out a huff and considered my options. Give her what she wants and let her stay here with Fred and just come get her in the morning, or I try to haul her all the way back to our dorm in this uncontrollable condition all while not getting caught by Filch or his cat. I knew she would be safe here and their both so incapacitated I know they won't do anything stupid.
"Alright, you can stay here with your... husband." I cringed at the last word
We had managed to get everyone out of the room and back to their common rooms safely, now I was in the twins dorm trying to find some clean clothes for Sage. Fred was already asleep in his bed and George was in the closet singing.

I helped sage into the bed next to Fred since his bed was a full size and George's was only a twin size.
"Ok I'll be back for you in the morning, alright?" I asked
Sage just lightly nodded at me and crawled under the covers. Sometimes I feel like she is the mother figure and sometimes I feel like I am. Right now, I definitely feel like the mother. I gently closed the door behind me and headed to my dorm.

-

"Good morning sleepyheads, rise and shine." I chirped walking into the twins dorm
I noticed some random flower petals on the floor. Maybe they decided to eat flowers, who knows. All three of them were so buried under their covers that all I could see were tufts of red and brown hair. I gently shook Sage, preparing myself for rage, seeing as she probably had a horrible hangover.
Sage pulled herself out from under the covers with a half dead groan, her long curly hair covering her face and part of her body.

I noticed she wasn't wearing the same clothes she had gone to sleep in. In fact, she was wearing the shirt Fred had gone to sleep in and from the looks of it, she wasn't wearing bottoms either. I started getting slightly nervous at what could have happened after I left. She haphazardly shoved the hair out of her face and written in big black letters on her forehead was the word JUST. Lord have mercy. Fred must have been woken up by Sage's movements because he sat up, he was shirtless and written on his forehead was the word MARRIED Together they made the statement, JUST MARRIED

Ok, let's think about this. Fred, no shirt, not sure about bottoms. Sage, in Fred's shirt and her original clothes gone. Flower petals on the floor, and just married written on their foreheads. What have I done?
HOLY SHIT DID THEY SLEEP TOGETHER?
I spun around to wake George up to see what state he was in, he didn't wake up but rolled over and on his face was written
FLOWER GIRL
Oh no...

1563 Words