Chapter 91

Sage's POV
"Hello my love." Darius cooed
He wrapped his arm around my waist coming up behind me gently. He leaned in to place a kiss to my cheek before I spoke.

"What are you doing?" I asked
I leaned back slightly giving him a disgusted look.
"Flirting." He smirked
"With a taken and wholly uninterested girl." I said pushing him off me "I know you think you're hot but not every female wants you."
"Oh come on, what does that Weasel have that I don't?" Darius asked
"Inches." I responded blandly

His jaw dropped slightly. Fred was better in every way possible but I wanted to use the most offensive option I could think of. Honestly, was the fact that I was quite literally wearing an oversized jumper with a giant F on it not enough for him to get the message.

"Oh please, and don't even act like you aren't wearing his jumper as a formality."
"Oh yeah because he can totally see me right now and see that I'm wearing his jumper." I rolled my eyes walking off "Give it up. It's not going to happen, especially not after what happened with Clementine."
"Even after she betrayed your trust? Twice." He smirked

"My trust with her has nothing to do with the fact that you cheated on her."
"So you don't trust her? Cmon you could get her back for everything she's done..."
"No. Take a hint and go away."

This was the fifth time he had tried hooking up with me. I was sick of him. Hallie kept telling me to letter Fred about it but I didn't want to. I didn't want to worry him, not while their shop is at such an important place. He needs to be able to devote his attention to his business without having to worry about his girlfriend.

"Please tell Fred!" Hallie begged "Things have only been getting worse. You've seen how they make fun of you for dating a 'older man' now that Fred is a business owner! He wouldn't care to find out from anyone else."
"No Hallie. Him and George are busy trying to start a whole business, he has no time for elementary drama." I responded
"Elementary drama? You are being harassed!"

Just before Hallie could continue her lecture the owls swooped down into the great hall delivering mail. I looked at her smugly as the owl's screeching covered up her statement. Neptune landed right on my plate, making me grimace as I offered him the food he was stepping on. I gently took the letter from him, which turned out to be two letters. One from Fred one from Apollo.

Sage,
How are you doing love? Things are going pretty well for me and George here. The days are long but I think it's all going to be worth it. We've finally gotten to a place in the shop that we can now start setting up the flat above. I won rock paper scissors and won for the bigger room. I'll be sure to leave space for you darling. Mum was completely livid and we're kind of on the edge of being disowned. We don't know what we're going to do about that. I miss you desperately, summer can't come fast enough. I want to show you everything! Of course if you wanted me to I could always apparate into the school, I can sneak in for you. Alright well I have to go now, I love you and I hope to see you sooner rather than later.
Yours Truly,
Fred

"Awe, look at him writing long letters for you!" Hallie teased
"Oh shove off." I laughed
I opened the second letter from my brother.
Sage,
How is everything? I've been doing well, although things at the ministry have escalated. I've been hearing a lot of sightings of mum and dad, which makes me kind of nervous. I'll keep you updated, I won't leave you in the dark. Anyway, I have a purpose for writing this letter. I wanted to know if you had any interest in being a best man? Just curious.
Love and affection,
Apollo

"Best man?" Hallie questioned
"Do you read Eve everyone's letters over their shoulder?" I asked
"No, just yours." She smiled
I rolled my eyes, acting as if I didn't do the same thing to her. At least I kept my commentary to myself.
"Hey flower!" Lee chirped plopping down next to me
"Oooh is that a letter from your lover?" He smirked
"When did you start calling me flower?" I laughed confused

He shrugged "Listen, I have to look after you for the twins and they always had some kind of nickname for you. I thought since you're name is a herb I could call you flower."
"Alright then." I looked skeptically at him "Yeah it's a letter from Fred. You can read it if you want." I said handing him the letter
"It really is strange without them here." Clementine commented "Especially now that we don't have two giant redheads sitting here anymore." She laughed

"No kidding!" Lee responded still reading the letter "Awe no fair! You get a room in their flat and I don't?" He fake pouted
"Maybe they'll renovate to make another room for you." I replied
"Maybeee."
"Alright well, I have class-"
"Go back where you belong you little gold digger." A random student interrupted me shoving me out of their way

I sat back down on the bench, surprised by the sudden insult. Hallie looked at me angrily "Please just tell Fred."
"No, and if you're my friend at all you won't either." I said standing up again and gathering my things "Bye guys."
Hallie sighed burying her face in her hands, I could tell she was frustrated with me.

"Isn't she dating some old business owner?"
"I heard he was super rich."
"Obviously she's in it for the money-"
"Wait I thought she was dating Fred Weasley?"
"I heard they broke up a while ago-"
"If you're going to talk about me, might as well learn how to whisper." I said loudly looking straight at the girls who had been whispering
"Don't flatter yourself! We weren't talking about you!"

By the end of the day I was beat. I sat down at my desk pulling out parchment and ink. Slightly annoyed I wouldn't be able to mail my letter that night like I usually do I responded to Fred.

Freddie,
Everything is going alright. I miss you much more than should be possible. Classes are coming and going, although my grade in potions has slipped a bit since you aren't here to help me anymore. I'm still passing though so it's alright. Umbridge has been leaving me alone lately, which I'm grateful for. Lee has been looking after me, he says it's his duty now that you and George are gone. I had a rather strange letter from Apollo today. He asked me if I would fancy being a best man. I thought best men were supposed to be... you know, men. I'm so happy that you're finally able to work on your flat. I cannot wait till I can come see your shop, hopefully I'll be able to get a sneak peek before you're open. Im sure your mother won't disown you, maybe I can put in a good word for your character. Though I'm sure it's none of my business. As I am writing this letter I'm becoming oddly aware of how much I use the word "I'm" it's kind of annoying. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get this letter mailed tonight, it's already 11:50 and the owlry is closed. Just know I write to you every night even if I can't mail it. I love you very very much and I cannot wait till I see you again.
Hugs and Kisses,
Sage

I placed my letter in an envelope and sealed it with my fancy wax seal that I made for myself and crawled into bed with one of his jumpers. I buried my face into the knitted yarn and drifted off to sleep.

1361 Words