Chapter 22

Sage's POV:
I was sitting in the library helping Fred study for one of his upcoming tests. He had practically come begging outside of my common room for help, and of course there was so way I was going to say no to him.

"Ok Fred, I think we've gotten as much information as we're going to get out of this book."
Poor Fred had his head laid down on the table, when it came to anything keeping him still he really did seem to struggle.
"Ok sounds great." He groaned
I got up and grabbed the books we had gone through putting them back on she shelves. I had just a few books left to return when I felt someone bump into me. I turned around thinking It was Fred or someone else I knew, but it wasn't.

"Oh, I'm sorry." The boy smiled
He was a ravenclaw, witch dark brown eyes, longer flowing curly coils for hair. He was holding a herbology book.
I summoned my most polite expression "it's ok!"
I spun around to face the shelf and continued outing books away.

"You look like you would know..."
"Excuse me, what?" I asked
"Oh uhm sorry, do you know where this book goes?" The boy smiled
He gave me a weird energy, and always smirking.
"Yeah it goes over there." I responded, pointing in the direction of where the book went

"Oh thank you. I'm Darius." He said, stretching out his hand for me to shake
I reluctantly shook his hand his rings almost pinching my fingers.
"Sage." I said pulling my hand out of his grip

"I like your hair, it makes you look like a book character." Darius laughed
"I think that's one of the best compliments I've ever gotten." I started to twist and knot a curl around my finger
He laughed at my nervousness leaning against the shelf. He had a flirtatious resting face, making it feel like he was flirting with me... maybe he was?

"I really appreciate your help, Sage" he stepped closer and leaned over me looking down at me
He rested his hand on my arm and started gently rubbing it. I don't think a person has made me this uncomfortable before. He must have expected me to swoon but he just looked like a jerk to me. There's only one guy who could ever make me swoon and it certainly wasn't him.

"Yeah, of course Darius." I responded flatly letting my bitch resting face set in
He really just grossed me out. I put the book back on the shelf and pushed my way past him. I could hear him scoff as I returned to the table with Fred, I just wanted to run away but I needed to be the one making the power move.

"Who the hell was that?" Fred asked
He sounded slightly angry and his face looked almost, jealous? Nah, that's couldn't possibly be it. He probably just noticed I was uncomfortable.
"Sage?" He asked
"Oh, I have no idea... he's weird though." I responded to his question
"Yeah no kidding. He was all over you, who gave him the right? I got a right mind to go over there and-"
Fred, I'm really ok, he didn't hurt me. Maybe he just doesn't know personal space." I assured Fred
Who was now sitting with his arms crossed giving Darius a look that could kill.

Fred was in a funk the rest of the day so I cut our study session short and we meandered around the halls for the rest of the day. Once I got back to my dorm I told Hallie about Darius and how Fred had started acting weird. Of course she automatically assumed Fred was jealous and or overprotective, completely ridiculous of course. I mean just cause the guy she likes, likes her back doesn't mean it's the same for me. Fred just sees me as a good friend.

Time Skip
Third Person POV:
Today is the girls second Hogsmeade trip, same old same old. They got ready and headed down Sage, Clementine, and Hallie. It was always a lot of fun, especially when they were shopping. The trio treaded through the fluffy snow laughing.

"Ok then, favorite shop?" Clementine asked, the three of them walking, joined at the hip
"The candy shop!" Hallie announced
"I'm not sure yet we haven't even been to half of them?" Sage laughed

"Have either of you seen Harry? Or Hermione and Ron?" Clementine asked, totally changing the subject
"No but I did see Finn earlier with his friends." Hallie answered
"Violet and Drew?" Clementine questioned
The two girls nodded.
"You know you sure do have quite a few boy problems. Harry? Finn? Just go ahead and pick one instead of keeping them in this complicated friend zone!" Hallie laughed knowing that they were just friends and that was perfectly alright
Clementine however didn't pick up on the joking tone.

"Ok, calm down it's literally two boys and it's not like I'm all over them all the time. At least I can get boys." Clementine stated getting all too defensive
She crossed her arms and stood there as bold as brass.
"What? Does Karl just not exist anymore?" Sage questioned
The two girls rolled their eyes at Clementines drama.
"No need to judge me cause I have more friends than both of you combined." Clementine spat
She was getting angrier by the second, and over nothing.

"You are so, over dramatic." Sage stated
Hallie nodded in agreement
"When did this become a competition? You need to calm down it was a literal joke. But with how seriously you're taking this it may not be a joke."

You could say... that escalated quickly;)

The rest of the trip was overshadowed by a tension and the three girls were relived to be freed of each others company when they finally got back to the school.

Clementine obviously left, Sage and Hallie just went back to their dorm.
"Did I sound serious? Was it my tone? Was what a said actually hurtful? Hallie questioned, pacing circles around their room
Sage sat at the end of her bed astonished at how someone could overreact so badly "No Hallie, for the last time. It was so obvious you were joking. You cant do anything about the fact that she can't take a joke or read the room."

Hallie's anxiety was still evident on her face. Sage decided to sit her down to soothe her more. Eventually Hallie dozed off and so did Sage.

Ok guys! You know what time it is... DRAMA TIME! Here in this book we live for the drama so buckle your seatbelts. It's gonna be a bumpy ride!

1125 Words