Chapter 65

Sage's POV:
The train ride home had been dead silent, aside from the occasional chatter, with the purpose of distracting everyone from the horrible reality of everything. No one could find the right words to say to Clementine, maybe there were no right words. She had been crying no stop since the murder, and everyone knew she wouldn't be the same.

None had expected the year to end so horribly, not when everything started with such excitement. Now everything felt off, the sun shone too brightly, the train shook just a tad to harshly, the compartments were just too quiet, and books just didn't read the same. No matter which book you picked up.

I was leaning up against Fred's side as I grabbed onto his hand tightly. His leg was bouncing and his whole demeanor felt stiff and anxious. I tapped his shoulder and signaled for him to lean in so I could whisper.
"What's wrong?" I asked
He stares at me for a moment, thinking about the best way to word his response.
"I'm scared to see your brother, what if he kills me?" He responded

I couldn't stop the slight snort that escaped, so I just disguised it as a cough.
"He won't kill you, he said he was happy for me." I assured him
Fred sunk lower in his seat "Happy for you, not happy for us, not happy that you picked me, that's a routine response. He's going to murder me, and he could do it too."

The station pulled into view and the light dimmed slightly, Fred looking out the window like he was waiting to be executed.
"I won't let him kill you." I smiled moving a strand of his ginger hair back in place
We all got up and grabbed our bags, Fred taking mine as well as his, as he often did. We all filed off the train making sure to give Clementine extra hugs and affection. We spotted the Weasleys right off with their red hair shining through. My brother was chatting with Arthur, Fred backing behind me slightly.
"Do your parents even know we're dating?" I asked
"No I sort of thought I would tell them in person but I didn't really think that through." He whispered

"Their going to find out one way or another" I stated grabbing ahold of his arm and dragging him over to my brother and the rest of his family. Apollo pointed as us, his eyes darkening slightly, on the other hand Molly couldn't have looked happier.
"I think he told them." I whispered
"You think?" Fred retorted sarcastically

We hadn't even been there long enough to stay anything before Molly jumped forward and wrapped Fred in one of her bone crushing hugs.
"I'm so happy for you two! My son does have a taste in girls! I was so worried you might go with that Pepper girl George told me about!" She gushed

Apollo made his way over to me and wrapped me in a side hug.
"How are you?" He asked
"I'm ok." I smiled
Fred was being swarmed by his family, even the ones who already knew we were dating, giggling about how he had finally settled on a girl. Apollo walked over to him, placing a firm hand on his shoulder and walked him away from everyone else.

Me and George awkwardly looked at each other, "You think he's going to kill him?" I asked
"Oh definitely. Say goodbye to your boyfriend, no way he's coming back."

After about ten minutes they both came back, Fred looking slightly scared, Apollo looking like it was a normal sunny day. We all bid our goodbyes to everyone, exchanging a lot of hugs. I gave Fred and extra tight hug since I knew he wouldn't want to kiss me in front of my brother and I probably wouldn't be seeing him until next year.
"You better respond to all my letters." Fred mumbled
I laughed "When haven't I?"
We exchanged our final goodbyes and Apollo apparated us home.

Next morning

"Welcome home dearest." My mother cooed
I looked around only to find myself back in the large cold mansion I had once called my home.
"Would you like to see the fruits of your love?"
She had a loving motherly smile plastered on her face, something I had never seen before. She started leading me up to the attic, I knew what she was going to show me but I didn't try to stop her. She opened the creaking door, the stench was almost unbearable but I made no reaction.

Dead meat.

Hallie, Apollo, Fred, George, MC, Everyone. Everyone I had ever loved or cared about, laying on the floor. The metallic smell of blood invaded my senses, still, no reaction. I could hear my Father's booming laughter echoing through the cold hall.
"So maybe you should stop." My mother smiled

It wasn't uncommon for me to have vivid dreams about my parents doing gruesome things to the people in my life. I had heard enough about what they had done to people. I was used to it by now, but there was always some anxiety in the back of my mind that wondered. What if that does happen?

"Sage, come one you need to get up- oh no." Apollo said walking into my room
He pulled back the covers to find my red and shaking figure curled into the fetal position in the corner of my bed. I couldn't breathe through my nose and my whole body hurt.

He rolled my body over to examine the condition I was in. He felt my forehead and handed me the class of water I had on my nightstand.
Once I had drank the whole glass he picked me up and put me downstairs on the couch, I guess after years of being the one to handle me when I got sick he had a routine down. That's where I stayed, all day. Apollo brought me my medicine every few hours and I did nothing but read and suffer all day.

Around four o'clock Apollo disappeared into his room, only to return dressed nicely and distracted with tying a bow tie.
"You've slicked back your hair." I pointed out
He jumped, as if he had forgotten I was here or something.
"Well- uhm- y-yeah, I-I've got an important business meeting I have to attend. Yep, a business meeting, their happening more often now and they are more important than ever." He stammered

I shut my book, narrowing my eyes at him. "Mhm, and how long have these meetings been going on?"
"Well, for a few years now, but they've been becoming more frequent with the state of things right now." He responded
"Ok." I shrugged

Apollo slipped out the front door about 20 minutes later and it was just me and my dog for the rest of the evening. I finished three more books and ate some leftover soup Apollo had made me that morning and fell asleep on the couch with Rosemary.

"So maybe you should stop." She smiled

1190 Words