Chapter 53

Third Person POV:
The Yule ball was only two weeks away and the girls anticipation grew with every passing moment. Boys were already asking their dates out. Hermione had been spending more time with the Durmstrang hero, Victor Krum, and Sage was still growing closer to Georgi. Karl of course had already asked Hallie to the ball, to which she obviously said yes. Most of the excitement for the girls of course was getting to pick out a fancy dress.

Most of the girls had everything planned out, their dress ideas, who they wanted to go with, even Pepper...

Hallie and Sage were sat on the outside of the courtyard studying for an upcoming test. They decided to stay outside because of the gloomy, and chilly weather. Things had been going well and everything was relatively quiet, but it didn't last.
"I want some kind of striking red dress, skin tight of course. Why shouldn't everyone want to see my effortlessly perfect body? I'm thinking a full red look.... something that would match with red hair maybe?" Pepper ranted
Hallie and Sage exchanged a concerned glance.
"Who do you know that has red hair?" One of Pepper's friends asked
"Well, I've been thinking, and that Fred Weasley isn't too hard on the eyes. He seems pretty easy too. Of course I wouldn't be interested in anything serious, not enough money. But he is one of the most popular boys in school. Besides he's tall with nicely defined muscles. I think we would be a very handsome power couple." You could hear the smirk in Pepper's voice

Sage was enraged that anyone would want Fred for just an evening, not when he was so much more than that. Hallie was just enraged that someone was trying to kill her favorite ship of all time.
"Besides, I want to find out his skills in bed." She laughed
That was the last straw for both Hallie and Sage. Both of them lunged themselves over the cement bench and towards Pepper. Apparently Pepper hadn't noticed the two girls. Sage managed to knock her down and Hallie got in some good punches. Before either of them could get more damage in Finn and Lee came running along to pull the girls off pepper, and of course Professor Snape came sweeping down the corridor. A crowd had already formed, as Lee held Sage back and Finn held Hallie.
"The tramp had it coming." Hallie spat
"Enough!" Snape roared "Five months dete-"
"Now just a minute! That seems a little extreme for two girls with no prior record." Professor Sprout argued

By now the Twins had heard the commotion and ran over to the group, trying to find out what had happened.
"Now they are students in my house, I will do as I see fit." Sprout firmly placed her fists on her hips.
Although Professor Sprout was a short and stout little thing, and Snape was tall and bulky she didn't look one bit intimidated. Eventually Snape gave in and lead Pepper away to the Hospital Wing. Sage let out a sigh of relief, knowing Professor Sprout's punishments weren't going to be nearly as brutal.

Professor sprout turned to the two girls with a stern look "Now, beating on students cannot go dismissed. Although I do find five months of detention is extreme, you two are good girls. One week detention, starting tomorrow."
Hallie and Sage both thanked the Professor and everyone went back to their previous engagements. The twins nagged and nagged asking about what happened but neither of the girls found it a good idea to share what Pepper had said.

Sage finally rid herself of the twins annoying interrogation and headed to the library. When she walked in she immediately spotted Georgi in their usual spot, only this time he was with someone else. He was with some beautiful girl with long lashes and a perfect body. She was obviously a student from Beauxbatons, her uniform gave it away. He seemed to be asking her to be his date to the ball, to which she enthusiastically accepted and they started making out. Sag wasn't quite sure what to do, so she left. Regretting her decision to head off on her own Sage made her way to she community common room, hoping some of her friends would be there. They weren't. They were all off doing their own things.

Sage wasn't particularly upset that Georgi wasn't interested in her after all, but there was still a small sadness that you felt when you found out that none liked you in that way. Not really knowing what to do from there Sage sat down on the couch in front of the fireplace, letting the warmth and the sounds of a crackling fire lull her to sleep.

-

"Angelina seems nice." Fred mumbled
George simply nodded in agreement, lost in thought about who he was going to ask to the ball. Fred had been having more forced conversations with Angelina lately, he found he didn't dislike her as much as he thought he would, she wasn't Sage though. But of course, who was he kidding? Sage was way out of his league, she just saw him as a friend. Maybe it would be better for him to settle for Angelina.

He didn't want to though, he wanted Sage and only Sage. But there's no use in chasing after a pipe dream.

-

Hallie sat on her bed in her dorm room, sketching. Ever since Karl had asked her to the ball she had been sketching ideas for what she wanted her dress to look like. Of course she knew she may not be able to find exactly what she wanted, but she did want an idea of what to look for. As she sketched her mind drifted to her dearest friend Sage, and the events from earlier today.

Hallie hoped that, Fred wouldn't end up going with pepper, she was sure he wouldn't. He had better taste than that, but she did worry that if he didn't ask Sage then Sage would refuse to go to the ball. Before her thoughts could wander any further a knock on the door drew her back into reality.

Hallie hopped up, opening the door expecting her roommate to be there. Instead he was met with a pair of gentle lips colliding with hers, and arms snaking around her waist. Karl shoved her backwards into the room and shut the door behind him, locking it.

1083 Words