Chapter 26

Sage's POV:
Just a little while before it was going to be Christmas, the school was bustling with excitement and anticipation. Typically, I would be more excited for break. Getting to see my brother and tell him about how my year was going, hear about his outrageous stories from the ministry.

But this year, he had to work through break. Ever since Sirius Black's escape the whole ministry has been in uproar. I understood why he couldn't take a break, but I was disappointed all the same. This Christmas will be very lonely in our house but I'll find a way to occupy myself.

Clementine and Hallie hadn't made any interesting plans either, we had been making jokes all day about how boring our lives were. We had decided to just chill and walk around today. The weather was amazing, snow everywhere, clouds blocking out all the sun making everything gray.

Today I had decided to wear a pair of white jeans with a cute simple pattern of light blue and coffee brown flowers scattered all over, a black turtleneck with Fred's jumper over it, some winter socks, and some doc marten boots. I felt it was a pretty good layered outfit to keep warm in and Fred's jumper added just the right touch.

Hallie had made fun of me for it of course, but it was worth the teasing to see Angelina Johnson look at me then the jumper and then storm out. Fred hadn't made any comment about getting it back anytime soon so I didn't feel I needed to give it back. I did feel kind of bad though, I mean it's his jumper that his mom handmade him.

"Boo!"
Speak of the devil.

Hallie shrieked, Clementine slapped a hand over her mouth, and I- well. Yeah I gasped. My dramatic 'someone just died' gasp. I spun around and smacked Fred's arm making him laugh. I planted my fists on my hips and glared at him.
Clementine was the first to speak "what do you want?" She mumbled
"Speak up will you?" Harry laughed causing Clementine to shove his shoulder

Well, if you don't have any plans for Christmas-" George started
"We wanted to invite you all to our house." Fred finished wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I rolled my eyes in attempts to conceal the blush creeping up my neck.

"I would love to!" Hallie exclaimed
I knew she was happy she would be spending Christmas with friends.
"I guess I'll come too." Clementine laughed
Everyone looked at me waiting for an answer. I forgot that I actually had to say something and that people can't read my mind.
"Oh- yeah of course I'll come!"

"Uhm, can I bring a friend?" Hallie asked
I smirked knowing exactly what 'friend' she was talking about.
"Which friend would that be?" Ron interrogated
"Karl." She mumbled "if it isn't a bother?"
"Of course you can invite him, I'm sure our parents won't mind." George responded
Fred nodded in agreement, and it was settled. I guess I'm spending Christmas break at the Weasley's house.

We all separated to go send letter to our respective families to tell them we wouldn't be coming home for Christmas and to send our best wishes. I decided to head to the library with my ink and parchment. I found my spot wiping the dust away. This windowsill was almost never touched since it was so unusually high up. It was in fact taller than all the rest of the windows including Clementine's spot. I was grateful none else had found this place.

I hopped up on the chair and hoisted myself up onto the windowsill and settled in. Once I was situated I pulled out my parchment and quill and began writing to my brother.
Dear Apollo,
How is everything? Work going alright? I know this is sudden but I was invited last minute to spend Christmas break at the Weasley's with Hallie, Clementine, Harry, and Karl. I agreed to the invitation seeing as you would be working through Christmas break and I didn't think you would mind. I love you very much and I hope you have an amazing Christmas. Don't work yourself too hard!

Much love, Sage

I folded up my letter and stuck it in an envelope. I headed off to the owlry to give it to Neptune to deliver. He better not mind me going over because I don't wanna be alone this Christmas.

Me and Hallie hung out in our dorm for a while after that. I stood in the sink area looking at myself in the mirror. I was contemplating dying my hair in some way, I wanted a change. I examined my extra body fat, stretch marks, scars from random injuries, sometimes I wish I looked so very different. Maybe dying my hair will be a good enough change.

Of course Hallie noticed me being self critical towards my body and told me she thought I was gorgeous and told me that Fred thought so too, while smirking at me. I rolled my eyes and told her to get on with her day, she left to go find Karl and I went to wander around the hallways and probably to the library.

I actually found Fred wandering around the hallway... alone?
"Fred? What are you-"
"Sage! There you are I've been looking for you everywhere! George has a new girlfriend and now I'm all by myself!" He cried
"Girlfriend?" I asked rolling my eyes at his over dramatic response to seeing me
Last I checked George didn't have a girlfriend because he was too busy being obsessed over Angelina who was obsessed over Fred.

Fred grabbed my hand and raced off towards where George was. Sure enough when we got there George was laughing with none other than MC. This took me back slightly, I mean George and MC didn't really seem like the type to be into each other but they are cute together.

Fred looked at me with his distressed look. I don't think he likes the idea of George having a girlfriend. I simply shrugged at him and started walking away, if George wanted to be with MC then he could be with MC. Fred chased after me wining about how he's never going to see George again. I just rolled my eyes and started heading to my common room.

Fred followed me all the way there and went inside with me, I went up to my dorm and he followed me there too, like a small lost puppy. I went to the bathroom to change and Fred plopped down on my bed. This man is so dramatic. I laughed at his behavior and tried comforting him.

I decided to lay next to Fred in my bed and read. He rolled over and wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my one arm around his neck. He laid his head on my shoulder and just watched me read. I unconsciously started playing with his ginger locks. He can be such a big baby sometimes but even I had to admit this was nice. Even though the only reason he's here right now is cause he's upset George is hanging out with someone other than him.

It was peaceful until Hallie came in and just about combusted. Fred noticed the time and decided it was time to head back to his own dorm room, he got up and I was left alone suddenly cold from the lack of his warmth. When he had left Hallie just went off. She went off about how cute we were and how we couldn't be dating when we were cuddling like that, and that we might as well just be married at this point.

I rolled my eyes at my friend, put my book on my nightstand, rolled over and went to sleep.
"You can deny it but you two are made for each other." Hallie stated
She turned out the light and we both went to sleep.

1339 Words