Chapter 125

Third Person POV:
"We've got to go now!" Fred yelled searching for his wand in the living room
Sage came bursting down the hall George right behind her.
"Ready." They rushed

They finally had word on Harry and now it was time for action. Getting into Hogsmeade was easy and everyone met up together in Aberforth Dumbledore's house going through the portrait hold leading straight to the Gryffindor common room.

The whole of the Hogwarts grounds felt wrong. Everything was dark and many placed were already destroyed. It was nothing like the place everyone had come to know and love, and now it was about to be under attack.

Fred gripped Sage's hand like his life depended on it, suddenly very aware that her parents would be trying to take her away from him. Karl made sure to keep Hallie in his sights knowing that she would be staying by her best friend's side.

All the students were piled into the great hall. Everything was dark as the group was lead to the shut doors of the great hall. Sudden panic flowed through them all. It had finally settled in, tonight would be the las night they saw some of each other alive.

"Clementine?" Sage breathed out barely above a whisper
Clementine's head whipped around tears gathering in her eyes. Her eyes darted around to everyone who she hadn't seen in months. There they all were.

Hallie and Sage surged forward wrapping Clementine in their arms. Clementine let herself be engulfed, reveling in the feeling.
"Oh my- I missed you so much!" She sobbed
"We missed you. So much." Sage cupped Clementine's face gently making sure she didn't look injured or sick

Fred, George, Karl walked up behind the girls. Clementine hugged all three of them tightly, the memories of her childhood well spent flooding her mind.
"I never thought I'd see you again. When I was at Malfoy Manner, I was sure I was going to die." Clementine spoke through choked sobs

"Don't say that!" Hallie comforted
Clementine looked at Sage "Your parents are crazy."
"I'm sorry." Sage smiled sadly
"Don't apologize, it's not your fault." Clementine responded as Sage pulled her into another tight hug

Everyone who wasn't already in the great hall rushed round trying to gather as much information as quickly as possible.
"Hey you." Finn came up
"Finn?!" All three girls exclaimed
The man had grown more since the last time they saw him and now stood at the same height as the twins.

Clementine tackled him in a giant hug still sniffling.
"How are you?" She asked
"Never mind that, how are you, are you ok?"
"As best I can be." Clementine smiled
"I'm good too." He replied

Sage and Hallie hugged Finn tightly as he took in their different appearances.
"Sage are you ok?" He asked
"Oh yeah, my mom tried to kill me but that's nothing new." Sage laughed it off
"That's sad." Finn deadpanned

A hush waved through the crowd as Harry's voice boomed through the doors.
"It seems despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you still have a bit of a security problem Headmaster."
Fred strategically placed himself in front of Sage making sure she was mostly out of sight. The great hall doors opened as everyone gripped onto their wands tightly. Everyone piled into the great hall

"How dare you stand where he stood." Harry seethed "Tell them how it happened that night! Tell them how you looked him in the eye. A man who trusted you, and killed him!" He shouted "Tell them!"
Snape whipped out his wand, McGonagall shoved Harry out of the way the students moving back towards the corners of the room. Snape holding his position with clear hesitation.

McGonagall fired first shooting fire at Snape angrily, slowing creeping up on him. Snape blocked every hit trying fire back as he was forced backwards before turning into a billow of smoke crashing through the large stain glass window. The death eaters that weren't already dead following suit.

"Coward!" Roared McGonagall
The students began applauding as the Professor lit the lamps across the room. Everything warmed once again and there was a moment of false peace before an ear piercing shriek broke the silence. The world turning a warning shade of green.

"I know that many of you will want to fight.
Some of you may even think that to fight is wise, but this is folly.
Give me Harry Potter.
Do this and none shall be harmed.
Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched.
Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded.
You have one hour."

The eerie voice sounded so close and overwhelming as if you could reach out and touch the dark lord himself. The room returning to is warm hues as everyone looked around.
"What are you waiting for? Someone grab him!" Pansy spoke up
The only ones who moved, moved to block Harry from anyone trying to grab him.

Suddenly professor Filch burst into the room "Students out of bed! Students in the corridors!"
"They're supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot!" McGonagall snapped
"Oh, sorry ma'am."
"Wait! As it turns out, Mr. Filch, your arrival is most opportune. If you would, I'd like you to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin House from the Hall."

"Right away." Filch paused "Er, exactly where is it I'd be leadin' em to, ma'am?"
McGonagall thought for a moment "The dungeons should do."
The students of the other houses began cheering as Slytherin was lead from the hall.

"I presume you have a reason for returning, Potter. What is it you need?"
"Time. As much as you can give me." Harry replied
"Do what you have to do. I'll secure the castle." McGonagall assured him "And Potter. It's good to see you."
"You, too, Professor."
Everyone started going their separate ways knowing what needed to be done.

"Wait!" Fred called
Sage turned back around anxiety wracking her whole body thinking something had happened already. Fred grabbed her pulling her into a passionate kiss pressing every last feeling he'd ever had for her into it.
"I love you." He said
Sage held back the tears that were threatening to spill placing her hand over his "And I love you."

Fred pulled back morphing his face into a charismatic nonchalant expression.
"Hallie, take care of my girl will you?"
Sage and Hallie smiled "I always do."
George pressed one last kiss to MC's knuckles before pulling her into his chest.
"Come back to me alright?" He said
MC laughing at his blatant worry "I alway will."

"Clementine, please be safe. All of you be safe." Sage warned "I can't handle the thought of anything happening to any of you."
The realization that this could possibly be the last time they would stand together like old times stirred a deep anxiety in everyone. They all nodded saying their final goodbyes before being forced to leave.

Sage and Hallie stood watching their friends disappear behind turns and up staircases.
"Stay together?" Sage chocked back a sob
Hallie took Sage's hand in hers "We are always going to stay together, because I can't do this without you." She said tears already slipping down her face.
This was it. Nothing would ever be the same again.

1224 Words