Chapter 31

Hallie's POV:
Just a few days till Christmas and you could feel the excitement growing. Although it was sad to think that break was almost over. The burrow was quaint and homey making you never want to leave.

Although things did get a bit crowded in the rooms when people decide not to keep up with their things cough cough Sage. Despite her stuff being everywhere she had still managed to keep all her Christmas gifts hidden. I won't lie, the only reason I'm picking up her stuff is so I can maybe accidentally on purpose come across those gifts.

Unfortunately I didn't find what I was looking for but I found something just as interesting. I came across a black book hidden under her bed covers. I opened it to the front page, I knew it wasnt her diary.
The world around me
The book was just a simple and small sketchbook that Sage had elevated with detailed sketches and little notes. Some pages had sketches of Fred, incredibly realistic and they looked like they had been snapshots from her brain. Some pages had me laughing, reading just doing whatever. The small notes explained why each moment stuck out to her and such. Some of the people in here she didnt even know she just thought they would be a good drawing. Some were just doodles of random students because she was bored.

It was like seeing life from her perspective, pretty cool if you ask me. I always forget how talented she is... probably cause she try's to hide her hobbies from everyone. I swear that child is oblivious to her own immaculate skills.

Before I had the chance to snoop some more I heard someone coming up the stairs. I quickly shoved the book back where I got it just in time for Sage to walk in and not suspect anything.
"Hey!" I chirped
"Hi?" She answered obviously suspicious of my cheery tone "I came up to grab something and to let you know dinner is ready."
"Oh, ok thanks!"

I was still standing there when she started looking for whatever it was she was looking for. It was kind of awkward standing there but I thought it might be suspicious if I left now. Maybe I'm overthinking. She finally seemed to remember where what she was looking for was and started digging around under her bed sheets. Finally emerging with the very same black sketchbook she grabbed a pencil. Looking up and giving me a weird look "Are you just going to stand there looking suspicious?"
"Haha, just wanted to weird you out I guess!" I rubbed the back of my neck nervously

We both headed down to dinner together. Dinner was normal and so was the rest of the night. I don't think she suspects anything.

Sage's POV:
Hallie was looking for the Christmas gifts, I know she was. Ever since I went upstairs she's been acting strange. Although she hasn't made a break for upstairs, probably cause I busted her.

"I want cookies!" Whined Fred
I moved my chess piece and checkmated him "How? We just ate dinner."
"Hey, I am a growing boy."
I rolled my eyes at him, he can be such a big baby "I guess we can make some after I finish kicking your arse in this game."

Five rounds, five rounds later Fred had beat me four of those five times. Finally I won the last round and Fred got up, still laughing at how I had to eat my words and dragged me to the kitchen.

I started getting the ingredients I knew we would need while Fred rummaged around in a cabinet for a recipe.
"I like these ones. Their really good." Fred smiled
"Ok cool, you can measure the dry ingredients and I'll do the liquid ones." I responded

We set off doing our tasks and things were going good, I should've known better with Fred...
I was just about to tell him I was ready when I felt flour thrown in my face.

I turned to see Fred leaning over the counter with his hand covering his mouth trying to smother his laughter. He's going to regret that, and I don't plan on eating my words. I walked over to him and threw flour at him. He stopped laughing and turned to fully face me, flour covering half his face.

"You are going to get it now." He smirked
Suddenly he had me by my arm and was throwing flour all over me. I was laughing and trying to block his attacks, finally I managed to get flour right in his mouth and covering most of his hair.
"Having fun in here aren't we?" Hallie smirked from the entryway of the kitchen.

Fred let go of my arm and Hallie walked away laughing at us.
"We should finish these cookies." I commented
Fred nodded and we finished our baking without anymore food fights. Although we were still covered in flour.

Once the cookies were done everyone had pretty much gone to bed. Seeing at is took us ages to get them even in the oven. Fred cast a spell over the cookies so they wouldn't go bad overnight and we set off cleaning.

"Did I get it all off me?" I questioned scrubbing my face with a cloth.
"No you missed some. Here gimmie that." Fred took the was cloth from me and cupped my face in his other hand. He gently wiped away the remaining flour and I couldn't stop myself from staring at him. His face merely inches from mine how could I not get captivated by those beautiful golden brown eyes and thousands of perfect freckles, and that defined jawline?

"You're staring Love." Fred smirked
"Hm." Was all I managed to get out as a response
He handed me back the washcloth "There you go, you're good."
We finished cleaning up the rest of the things.

"Well love, I enjoyed our time together but sadly tis time to part." Fred bowed dramatically
"Oh sir Fredrick I wish our time would never run out!" I cried, pretending to be distraught

Fred and I laughed, before the house tuned deadly silent and I began to fidget. I looked up at Fred who was staring at me, almost like he was examining me but not in a bad way. The silence was atrociously awkward. Just above his head I noticed something green hanging from above us from the overhead beam.

Mistletoe.

Of course there was mistletoe, the whole house was decorated for Christmas. I just- I didn't expect it to appear when me and Fred, were alone. Fred noticed me staring at something above us and he looked up switching his gaze to match mine.

My cheeks started reddening at the thought that he probably knew what I was thinking. He looked back at me and we just stood there in an awkward silence. My cheeks got even redder with every passing second that he stared at me.

Fred's hand slowly made its way up my arm and he gently pulled me closer to him while leaning in himself. My head was spinning. Our faces so close I could feel his warm breath on my face. My senses being flooded with him, his scent, his features, his hand preventing me from backing away. It was all so much.

Fred's POV:
How was I supposed to walk away? I just wanted to kiss here and here was my opportunity. I gently grabbed her arm pulling her closer to me as I leaned in. I stopped with her face just inches away from mine to see if she would back away. When she didn't I closed the rest of the space between us. Merlin, how did we go from throwing flower to kissing at one in the morning?

Just one kiss that's all I need.

Sage's POV:
Fred Weasley, was kissing me. His lips were like fire but they fit so perfectly with mine. My brain clouded over and I couldn't think about anything but how I wanted more. Once I kissed him back he brought one of his hands up to grab my chin. My body felt warm and fuzzy, my brain flooded with thoughts of him. Some appropriate some not so much.

Before I had truly soaked in the moment he pulled away ending what he'd started. I let out a small whine in protest and Fred simply smirked at me. The only sound I could hear was my heart pounding in my throat and our heavy panting. Fred held me in place for a moment before letting go and stepping back.
"Goodnight Love, see you tomorrow." He winked

He turned around and simply headed up the stairs and to his room like nothing had happened. My face was burning hot and my body was shaking with excitement and pleasure.

Did Fred just kiss me?

1592 Words