Chapter 68

Year 6

Sage's POV:
We bid our goodbyes to the adults as all the students started boarding the train. I thanked Sirius profusely for allowing me to raid his bookshelf's and play his piano. Fred promised Apollo that he would look after me. Molly bid us all goodbye as if we were all her children.

We all got into the train and started searching for an empty compartment, the twins upfront, me squished between them as Fred kept a strong hold on my hand. Since they were taller than everyone it was a collective agreement they go first so they could see over everyone.

"Sage, is that you?" I heard a voice from behind me
I turned to see Claudia poking her head out of a compartment.
"Oh. Uh, hi." I smiled walking back to her
She sort of eyed me and Fred holding hands as I walked into the compartment. I told the others to go on without me.
"Look at you! You've gained a little weight but you look gorgeous." She smiled

Her comment caused me to instinctively wrap my arms around my torso like I used to do.
"So uhm, you and Fred are still dating? I thought maybe you two would break up over the summer." She smiled
"Uhm no why?" I asked
"Oh nothing! It's just I've liked Fred for a long time and well never mind I guess everyone can't get what they want. It's totally ok though because you know you two look much better together, I'll probably just be single forever."
My jaw dropped slightly. Was she trying to guilt trip me out of my relationship with him? No she probably is just trying to confide in me.

"Well I uhm better get back to the others." I said slipping out the door
I headed further down the train until I found the compartment everyone was in. I slipped in and sat down next to Fred without a word. I wanted to hold Fred's hand for comfort but I felt bad for doing so, as if I was betraying Claudia, I don't even know her that well. So I just kept my arms over my stomach, which had apparently gotten bigger over the sumner. I just stared out the window until the school finally pulled into view. We all piled off the train and headed off to the carriages.

We left our bags at the gate and headed into dinner.
"Who are you staring at?" I asked
"None" Hallie responded
"Probably George." Clementine commented
"I bet it's Karl." I sipped my drink
"Why would I be looking at Karl? I have a boyfriend." Hallie snapped
She was getting defensive.
"Proves my point." I mumbled
"Oh please, what point are you talking about?" Hallie demanded
I just shook my head. They had started dating so suddenly, there was no way either Hallie or George could've been over their exes.

Dumbledore interrupted Hallie and I's banter. He introduced some new staffing including some ugly lady from the ministry of magic. She decided she had to have her own speech as she stood up and click clacked her way to the font. He was so ugly, her wrinkled face and disturbing smile, and pink. She was dressed head to toe in some agitating shades of pinks.

"Thank you Headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure were all going to be very good friends. the Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards." I heard the twins mutter some snarky comment, as they rightfully should. I exchanged an uncomfortable glance with Hallie
"-to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this, Historic school.... Progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be.... Prohibited."

We finished dinner kind of awkwardly, everyone commenting an how the ministry was taking over. As everyone exited the great hall Fred silently appeared behind me wrapping his arms around my waist and settling his head on my shoulder.
"You'll stay with me tonight won't you?" He fake pouted
"Fred, it's the first night." I sighed
He dragged me to the side of the hall out of everyone's way.
"Yeah but I miss you, cmon pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee." He stuck out his bottom lip
I knew I couldn't tell him no.
"I'll be there in half an hour." I rolled my eyes
He smiled "Thank you Darling." He gently kissed my cheek

I headed to my room to change and answer Hallie's question about why I was leaving, then I sneaked out and to Fred's room. I didn't even bother to knock, I knew the password and I had been over enough times. I walked in to George reading a book on his bed and Fred still doing numbers on his. Fred looked up at me and pulled back the covers for me to crawl in bed with him.

I watched him write down gibberish I didn't understand as I cuddled against his side. After a while I got bored so I started tracing random patterns into his side which gradually turned into me poking his face. Sometimes I enjoyed annoying him. I poked his face, squished his cheeks together and made random baby noises before he gave up trying to pay attention and rolled on top of me.
"Get off me you big oaf!" I wheezed

"Do you need attention love?" Fred cooed
He started mimicking the way I messed with him as I lay there not being able to move. George had passed out on his bed so Fred decided to lean over me and turn off his lamp. He continued to mess with me until he finally stopped and we both passed out. As much as I pretended to protest, nothing beat falling asleep with his arms wrapped around me.

1005 Words