Chapter 127

Sage's POV:
Hallie and I had made it further from the castle than I'd realized. By the time we got back after the reprieve everyone was already inside the great hall lining up the dead and tending the wounded. Too many familiar faces. Remus Lupin, Tonks, Collin Creevey, Lavender brown. But that was it. Relief burned through my body as I looked among the living for everyone. For one person in particular.

I searched the room for him, my eye catching on George's back. He didn't know about MC yet, and I didn't know how to tell him. A pit of dread settled into my stomach. Ask about Fred or tell him about MC first?
"George?" I croaked
He turned around, already crying. Maybe he knew she was gone. In the back of my mind though, I knew that wasn't why he was crying. My chest tightened.
"Sage-" He said pulling me into his chest
"Where is-" I couldn't manage the words, hope burned in my heart, his body wasn't there "Where is he?"
George held me gently, too gently "There was an explosion. I- I couldn't get to him in time." He sobbed.

Third Person POV:
"No," The gravity of his statement settled on her, suffocating her
She looked at George with a horrified expression. The feeling was worse than her worst nightmare as she began to sob. George pulled her closer to him. Her heartbroken cries breaking the hearts of those around her. Sage gripped onto George's arm trying to find some comfort in the ocean of helplessness she was drowning in but none came. She would never see him again.

And "No!" She cried "No-"
George sobbed with her as her body began to tremble. Their families could barely look at them in their broken states as they held onto each other tightly.
"I'm so sorry." George whispered "I am so sorry."
But Sage was inconsolable.
"He promised! He promised me!"

A few moments later her cries subsided, denial prevented her from a true breakdown. Though a true breakdown would probably kill her in the form of panic.
"Let me get you some help." Apollo said taking his baby sister from George's arms
Apollo wrapped a blanket around her sitting her down on a bench.

Sage started to withdraw into herself trying to run from the feeling of devastation that seemed to overtake every sense. She didn't register the voices asking if she was alright. She didn't register the feeling of someone stitching up the hole in her side. She didn't feel anything except for cold. It was so cold.

Hallie and George stayed with her faithfully. Despite their efforts she wouldn't comply with anything so they just stayed. Even Clementine tried talking to her but nothing brought the life back to her eyes. Nothing made her move or react, She was a shell.

"George.." Hallie wound up the courage to speak "MC is gone."
He didn't breakdown again, he didn't cry, he didn't deny it. He just took in a shaky breath and nodded "I figured she was gone when no one heard from her."
"I'm so sorry."
He started to tear up "Me too."

"They're coming back!" Someone screamed
This time Sage did move. Her gaze moved, then her body as everyone stood up and headed out the door. George kept her tucked under his arm tightly as they went out to see what was going on.
"Neville, who's that? Hagrids carrying?" Ginny asked
"Harry Potter is dead! Voldemort boasted
"No!" Clementine screamed rushing forward but Ron grabbed her pulling her back

"Stupid girl! Harry Potter is dead. From this day forth, you put your faith, in me." Voldemort turned around facing his followers "Harry Potter is dead!"
They all began to laugh.
"And now is the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us! Or die."
No one moved.
"Draco!" Lucious hissed "Draco.."
He didn't move.
"Draco," His mother cooed "Come."

Finally he stepped forward crossing the courtyard to where his parents stood
"Ah, well done Draco. Well done." Voldemort gave him a cold hug
"Sage darling." Albert called "Now is your chance." He beckoned to her
Sage stared at him blankly. If it hadn't become a normal occurrence she would have been shocked at the fact that her parents had been trying to kill her and get her to come back to them at the same time. George tightened his arm around her though she made no effort to move.
"Hm how, disappointing." Voldemort drawled

Neville limped forward as if in her place gripping the sorting hat tightly.
"Well, I must say, I'd hoped for better."
The Death Eaters laughed.
"Who might you be, young man?"
"Neville Longbottom."
"Well, Neville. I'm sure we can find a place for you in our ranks."
"I'd like to say something." Neville cut him off

Clearly annoyed Voldemort replies "Well Neville I'm sure we'd all be fascinated to hear what you have to say."
"It doesn't matter that Harry is gone."
"Stand down Neville." Seamus spoke
"People die every day. Friends. Family. Yes, we lost Harry tonight. But he's still with us, here,"

Neville placed a hand over his heart
"And so is Fred,"
Sage's lip began to quiver as the feeling of deviation came back, but there was something else there now too. Resolve.
"and Remus and Tonks ... all of them. They didn't die in vain. But you will! Cause you're wrong! Harry's heart did bear for us, for all of us! And it's not over!" Neville cried drawing the sword of Gryffindor from the hat

At the same time Harry launched himself from Hagrid's arms. The death eaters began muttering as Harry stepped back drawing his wand. He fired at Voldemort nearly missing the target. Everyone else joyfully jumping back as Voldemort started firing grade back at Harry but missing. Some of the death eaters left, escaping while they still had the chance. Others did not, advancing with Voldemort as the others ran into the castle.

George kept a firm grip on Sage's wrist not being able to help the thought that Fred would want her to stay with him. Sage pulled back looking full of life and very, very angry.
"Go!" She shouted at him
He paused hesitating on weather or not to listen.
"I'm going to see my mother." She said before running in the opposite direction
"I'm coming!" Hallie retorted
"No!" George pulled her back "She has to do this by herself."

1077 Words