Chapter 29

Get ready for a long chapter <3

Sage's POV:
It was the day before Christmas break. The whole school was bustling with excitement, too see their families, to get gifts, eat good food. Christmas break is always the most exciting.

As for me I was more excited than I've ever been for Christmas but I was also more anxious than I've ever been. I mean spending Christmas at your crushes house even if it is just as friends is no small thing.

But it wasn't just that, I wanted his family to like me and I was worried that they wouldn't. I mean I have a resting bitch face, my anxiety and introverted mess comes off as being stuck up and rude, my parents aren't great people, and I'm probably going to be clinging to Fred. All that does not add up to his parents taking the biggest liking to me.

I was up in my dorm packing the things I would need and bewitching one of my smaller bags to become bottomless. That way I could hide all my Christmas gifts in it and none would know. I had gifts for pretty much everyone. I have a bad habit of going above and beyond into the land of broke when it comes to purchasing gifts for other people.

I had bought Hallie a whole book series on plants and animals, the twins some candy and prank products, Clementine some some cute flower jewelry and some books, Karl some colorful nail polish, Harry some candy, Hermione some books I thought she would find interesting, Ron some candy as well and some stuff for quidditch, Ginny some books on quidditch and quidditch gear, Mr. Weasley some muggle books and items, and Mrs Weasley some colorful knitting yarn and a painting of the burrow. (Fred and George helped me with the gifts for their parents and Ginny)

Needless to say, a lot of thought, effort, and yeah money went into my Christmas gifts this year. I just really wanted the Weasleys to like me. Besides, I wanted a family to feel apart of, to feel what it felt to have a whole family.

I sat down on my bed once I had finished, fidgeting with my anxiety rings to try and get my nerves out. I heard a quiet knock on the door and Hallie walked in.
"Fred is looking for you."
I stood up and headed down the stairs only to find Fred sitting on the couch in the common room.
"What are you doing in here?" I laughed
He looked up at me and smiled, God that smile makes me feel so special and for what? That man does things to me and he doesn't even try.

"I wanted to hang out with you Love." He grinned
I rolled my eyes to hide the pure joy his nicknames bring me. I headed down the rest of the stairs and sat down next to him on the couch.
"Anything specific you wanted to do?" I asked
"Nope" he responded "So are you excited for Christmas?"
"Actually I am, very. Im also scared, I mean I'm kind of screwed if your parents don't like me." I confessed
"Don't be, I'm sure mum will love you and if she loves you then dad will love you too. I mean how could anyone not love you?" Fred assured me "It's time to head to the great hall for breakfast." Fred stood up, grabbed my hand and we walked together

I didn't know why he seemed to be attached to me today, but it was very comforting. Maybe he realizes my anxiety I just knew how to relive it. He even sat at the Hufflepuff table, even though him and George were the only Gryffindors sitting there and they got strange looks.

Once breakfast was over Fred walked me back to my common room and then to his to grab his bags. I knew I wouldn't see him again until the train and I already missed him, it's been less than five minutes. This is sad, I'm desperate.

Me and Hallie talked excitedly about this break and I continuously expressed my anxiety. Hallie just rolled her eyes and assured me that if Fred loved me as much as he does then the rest of his family would too. She then proceeded to tease me about how I was so worried because if his family didn't like me then we couldn't get married. I rolled my eyes and playfully shoved her.