Chapter 64

Third Person POV:
It was the morning of the third and fin task. The whole school was buzzing with excitement and anxiety. Everyone was sat at the Gryffindor table, trying to encourage Harry.

Classes were still being held that morning and the task wasn't until that night. Everyone was ready and waiting. Classes went by slower than waiting for a snail to cross the road, but once classes were over everyone was rushing to their dorms to get changed.

"Where are you going?" Hallie questioned
Sage quickly slipped on her shoes and made a move for the door. She was wearing her brown converse, grey jeans with her embroidery on them, and a tank top. A tank top while it's still freezing outside. Hallie wasn't having it.
"I'm going to the twins dorm, I'm going to borrow one of Fred's jumpers." She responded
"Oh." Hallie mumbled

Sage practically flew out the door and rushed over to the Twins dorm. Fred and George were already dressed and ready, they didn't need to set up their bet collecting stuff since they had been smart enough to take all bets that morning at breakfast before class. Fred was sat at his desk with George standing over him as Fred helped him through his math homework.
"It's not that difficult, honestly." Fred sighed

He sat back letting George examine the math problem he had just showed him how to work.
"Maybe for you but it's hard when you can't even understand the hand writing." George snapped
He was clearly frustrated, after a few hours on one problem it's to be expected. George flipped onto his bed just as someone knocked on the door. Fred stood and opened it, to be greeted by the face of his girlfriend, wearing a tank top.

He couldn't help but notice the exposed cleavage, but did his best to ignore it and keep his face neutral.
"What are you doing here?" He asked
"I just came to steal one of your jumpers to wear." Sage smiled
Fred playfully rolled his eyes and let her in. She looked back at him with a confused look on her face when she noticed George looking practically dead on his mattress.
"He's being dramatic." Fred stated simply
She nodded her head in understanding and disappeared into their closet.

"Come on, get up George. It's almost time to leave, we'll worry about your homework later." Fred urged
He grabbed George by his arms and pulled him to his feet.
"Alright alright." George replied
Sage came strutting dramatically out from the closet wearing one of Fred's jumpers, she was holding it up trying not to let it fall to her knees. That's when Fred noticed something colorful on the pocket area of her jeans. Planets?
"Hey what's on your jeans?" Fred pointed out
"Oh I embroidered planets on them, they were getting boring but I didn't want to get rid of them." She replied
"That's bloody cool." He smiled

"Alrighty. Are we all ready to go?" Sage asked
"Yep." The two boys replied
They headed out and down to the quidditch pitch, meeting up with Clementine, Hallie, Karl, MC, Angelina, Hermione, Ron, and unfortunately Claudia. She kept eyeing Sage and Fred, causing Fred to remark multiple times that she made him uncomfortable, to which Sage agreed.

Everyone agreed that the setup for this particular task gave them all a eerie feeling in the pit of their stomachs. It was a large maze, no light, just fog and green of the maze. The champions were supposed to find their way to the middle and to the champions cup which was actually a portkey that would teleport them back here.

Everything felt ominous and scary, like there was something telling you this wasn't right. All the champions lined up at the entrance, Cedric's Father giving him one last supportive hug before the task started. Everyone cheered and whistled as the champions headed into the maze. We all sat down on the bleachers waiting for any sign of life or trouble. Everyone was huddled up together on the bleachers as the chill wind blew. Sage grabbed onto Fred's arm trying to find some warmth as another icy cold breeze blew through.

A red spark shot into the air, signifying trouble. Some of the professors entered the maze before shortly returning with Fleur. She was unconscious. The energy went from an excited nervousness to a scared nervousness. They had barley been in there for 20 minutes and she was almost killed, what was happening to the others?

Another red spark was sent up into the sky, everyone shifting uncomfortably in their seats. Waiting to see who it was and what shape they were in. Viktor Krum was dragged back to the starting point, acting completely feral. His eyes glowed a ghostly white and he had no control. Everyone staring in horror as professors cast spells and incantations to put Viktor back to normal.

Clementine's POV:
It had been ages since Viktor Krum had been disqualified and there had still been no sign that either Harry or Cedric were still alive. I just wanted them back safely, I'll be happy when all this is over.

Suddenly after what felt like an eternity Harry and Cedric appeared, the crowd stood cheering and the band started their victory song. Something didn't feel right though, the way Harry was over Cedric. I started making my way through the crowd down the stairs trying to figure out what was going on, the rest of the group following in tow. I had barley reached the bottom of the bleachers when a horrible scream stilled the air around us. I started moving faster, desperate to make sure Cedric was ok. I had prepared myself of blood and gore but nothing could have prepared me to signs the lifeless body of my brother laying there.

I froze, barely able to comprehend the situation. My father running past me trying to make it to his dead son laying on the grass as Harry was pried from his body.
"That's my boy!"
His pained cries replaying in my mind like a broken record, my brother's lifeless and wide eyes staring at the stars overhead. There were tears streaming down my face as sobbed over Cedric's body.
"That's my son!"

Nothing felt real. My brother, someone who I had just gained in my life, and he was gone. I sobbed into his blood and dirt stained shirt as my father cried out for any sort of help.

Sage had her arms wrapped protectively around me as she led us back to the castle. I was still sobbing uncontrollably, I just wanted someone to wake me up, to take me back and tell me it isn't true. Sage managed to walk us to Dumbledore's office where my father was, where we were promptly led away to be with the body of my brother. My dead brother.