Chapter 103

Sage's POV:
"They're already rebuilding." Hallie comforted
I sat across from her staring out the window as the scenery passed by.
"Anything from the trolley dears?"
"No thank you." Hallie smiled
She looked back at me sympathetically "The attack had nothing to do with you or Apollo."
Tears welled up in my eyes, I disagreed.

"Sage! You're ok! Are Fred and George ok? Is their family ok? I heard what happened! Oh flower I'm so sorry." Lee spoke bursting into the compartment and settling himself down next to me
I looked at him trying not to burst into tears. I felt like it was my fault, mine and Apollo's. I felt things had gone on too long and I knew what I had to do. I didn't want to. It was for the best though.

We arrived at the school, the glares and hateful comments has started one again. People thought I had tipped off my parents. I blankly sat through dinner and Dumbledore's announcements. Heading back to our dorms I thought about how I was going to do what I was about to do.
"I'm going to take a shower." Hallie sighed
"Ok." I replied

I sat down at my desk pulling out a piece of parchment. Tears streaming down my face as I wrote, I didn't even care if my tears stained the paper. I hated this, but it was for the best. That's what I kept telling myself.
We can't be together anymore. I cant do this to you or your family. I'm so sorry.

I sat down on my bed burying my head into my hands and sobbed. I collected myself enough to collect the things Fred had given me and stuffed them into a box and shoved them under my bed. I had to let go, I couldn't keep destroying things in my wake. I hated myself and I hated my family.
"Sage? Are you ok?" Hallie asked creeping out of the bathroom
"I'm fine Hallie." I snapped
"Ok." She mumbled crawling into bed

-

I groaned pulling myself out of bed at the sound of my early alarm. My eyes were red and puffy, my reflection in the mirror looked about as miserable as I felt. I got dressed and pulled my hair back into a ponytail. It was early but I left my dorm anyway, making sure not to wake Hallie up. I got myself something light to eat and waited for the mail to come in. Neptune landed and I gave him a bigger breakfast than I had. He had an abnormally large stack of letters.

I looked through them one by one, they were all from Fred. I didn't know how he had managed to reply to fast but I didn't care. I headed back up to my dorm room and shoved the letters into the box. I had to separate myself. Eighteen years to figure out nothing good ever came out of my relationships because my parents haunt my every move. Life isn't fair.

"Hey why did you leave without me?" Hallie questioned walking out of the bathroom
"No reason, I just wanted to get my day started early. Anyway I've got to go." I dead heading for the door
"Wait-"
I shut the door before she could finish her statement. I had to distance myself. I'm sick of this madness and being close with anyone is only throwing them into my problems.

The first week was horrendous. I left early, got back to my dorm late. Fred kept sending me packets of letters to which I obviously ignored. I knew he wouldn't come here, it was too dangerous. Hallie had been asking around for me but I had managed to avoid her. I ate less, did less, slept less, it was all for the greater good though. I didn't go to the library much, I knew Hallie would look for me there. I alternated between the astronomy tower and hiding in my dorm room.

I came to know my stuffed animals better than I ever had. I was grateful for the absurd amount of books I brought with me to school. It's like my own subconscious knew what was best even when I didn't. I continued to letter Apollo, I wasn't and I couldn't cut him off. Besides, we were both to blame.

"Miss Jackson, will you come with me please?" Professor McGonagall asked
"Yes ma'am."
She led me to her office sitting behind her desk.
"Please sit down. Biscuit?" She asked kindly
"No thank you professor." I declined politely
"Now, I know I am not the head of your house but seeing as you have been very close with some of my students I have taken a notice to you. Recently I have noticed some unkind rumors going around about you."

"Professor I-"
McGonagall held up her hand for me to be silent so I stopped talking.
"I know theses rumors to be untrue, you needn't defend yourself. But I have noticed you have been isolating yourself." She sighed setting her spectacles on the desk and folding her hands in front of her "You don't eat at every meal, you rarely sit with any of your friends and when you do, you don't speak to them. Your grades have been slowly declining and you look like you haven't slept in weeks." She looked at me sympathetically

"Now your brother was in Ravenclaw correct?" She asked
"Yes ma'am he was."
"Do you not think him smart enough to figure out what you are doing to yourself? If this goes on we will have no choice but to letter him."
"Yes ma'am." I mumbled "I understand."
"Good, now it's time you get to your next class."
I stood up grabbing my book bad and headed towards the other end of the room.

"And Miss Jackson." McGonagall spoke
"Yes?" I replied turning around
"Your friends care about you very much, more than you know. Don't push them away."
I nodded slowly and walked out of her office.

1007 Words