Chapter 34

Sage's POV:
This year was flying by so fast. The year is already almost over. Hallie had grown close to her friend group and I had grown close to mine. It was strange not spending every minute of everyday with her but I had other friends. MC, the twins, Lee, and I had created our own group for mischief. We'd all taken on the twins title of 'the pranksters' and I'd been having the most fun I'd had since I started Hogwarts. Of course we would all hang out as one giant group sometimes with Hallie, Clementine, MC, the Twins, Karl, and Finn which always ends up in a lot of fun

I woke up that morning with a happy feeling. The weather was grey and the rain fell elegantly against the window. Nothing was better than this weather. I stood there at the window shivering, the true way to tell that the temperature had dropped.

I had woken up before Hallie so I took the time to get ready, throwing on my blue jumper with lavenders on it, a pair of brown jeans, and my Doc Marten boots. I put on some rings and pulled my necklace out from under the jumper. I pulled my hair into a high ponytail, leaving the strands that fell out alone. I picked out jewelry for all my piercings and headed out of the bathroom.

I am definitely going to dye my hair and get another piercing this summer.

Saturdays are always my favorite, you get to wear what you want and do what you want. I went and sat on the windowsill grabbing a book to read while I was there. I stared out the window and let out a sigh of contentment, this truly was the best weather.

"Morning." Hallie groaned from under her covers
I looked over at her and smiled "Morning sleepy head."
Hallie dragged herself out of bed and got dressed for the day. Once she had finished she headed out, probably to go hang out with her group and make flower crowns.

I was reading my book when I heard a tap at my window, I looked up to see a paper airplane getting drenched outside my window. It was obvious that had been the culprit for the tapping noise. I opened the window and it flew in landing in a puddle on the floor.

I picked up the paper and gently opened it, trying not to rip the paper.
Cmon! You've been in your room too long and we're bored!
-Fred

I laughed at the simple note and I threw on my trench coat and headed out of my dorm. I made my way out of my common room and sitting not even two feet away was Fred, George, MC, and Lee looking depressed. They're all children.
"Alright well your little note worked." I chuckled

"FINALLY! Fred has been complaining non stop about how he won't do anything without you, he's been driving us all mad!" Lee cried
We all decided to pull some pranks and sneak around.

Pepper Eliot becoming our first victim. We found her in the Slytherin common room (MC let us in) painting her nails. Fred bewitched the polish to change to an ugly color and her hair to become a barf green. She broke out in tears and ran all the way to the hospital wing, while the five of us laughed till we couldn't breathe.

Next was Rinniekins, in which the twins gave me some candy to give to him that would cause him to throw up slugs, reenacting his second year mishap when he had broken his wand.

Evening had rolled around and I received a letter from my brother. He was checking on me, seeing how I was doing, how things had been going, expressing how much he missed me. Once we had finished dinner I ran back to my dorm to write him back. I always try to reply as soon as possible. I truly enjoy receiving letters from him, it always reminds me that not my whole family is messed up. I sometimes forget that he's my brother and not just a random guy kind enough to take me in.

I had just finished giving my letter to Neptune to deliver when Hallie walked into the room. I jumped, gasping at how she had scared me and turned around to face her. She was laughing at me of course.
"Your boyfriend is looking for you." She smirked

I didn't bother to put my coat on this time, thinking that we wouldn't be going far. I headed downstairs to where Fred was waiting for me. When I asked him what we were doing he simply grabbed my hand and let me away telling me that I would find out soon enough.
"Where are the others?" I asked
"They we're all tired so they went to their dorms." He replied

As he led me through the hallways I recognized this path as the way to get to the quidditch pitch. I looked up at him curiously but didn't ask anymore questions. The rain was still gently falling and it got colder and colder the darker it got, although the moonlight was beautiful, reflecting off the water droplets covering everything.

"That's the quidditch pitch Fred, what are we doing?" I questioned
"Something spontaneous." Fred smirked
He's been hanging out with me too much, he's not starting to use big words.

He led me to the middle of the field and stopped. He let go of my hand, turning to face me. I opened my moth to ask more questions but he held out his hand for me to take before I could ask anything.
"May I have this dance?" He asked

I looked up at him hesitating before taking his hand. He pulled me close to him, wrapping his hand around my waist while my other hand slipped around his neck. He started to gently sway side to side while humming a song. The rain continued to fall around us, getting the two of us wet but it didn't seem to matter.

The moonlight illuminated him perfectly, accentuating all of his features and the water droplets falling down his face and neck. We danced for what felt like forever till we finally separated. My head was swimming with thoughts of this moment, of our kiss, of the lavender charm, of his winks and his smiles, of all the times we would cuddle, of the times he took care of me. My head was swimming with it all, my heart and soul falling harder each moment.

1108 Words