Chapter 75

Sage's POV:
I had just gotten out of a particularly difficult lecture in one of my classes. I hadn't slept well the night before. I felt stressed and overwhelmed. I needed my boyfriend, I needed my boyfriend to hold me.

"Sage!"
I felt so dazed and tired I hadn't even registered the voice as belonging to Claudia.
"Oh. It's you." I responded
"Listen, I just wanted to apologize for the whole Fred situation. I didn't approach it correctly. I just felt that he deserved better, I mean you wouldn't want to keep dragging him down like you have. I mean look at you, the daughter of death eaters, you aren't very pretty. I just wanted to help him and help you from embarrassing yourself."

Her tone was so sweet you almost wanted to believe that half of what she said wasn't completely horrid. I didn't have the energy to fight back. I found the energy to overthink what she had said though. I walked off, no longer looking for my boyfriend.

What if she had a point, I was the daughter of death eaters, I wasn't very pretty. Maybe I was dragging Fred down. He had so much potential, he did sports, he was popular, he had a great business going with George, he was outgoing and charismatic.

He was good looking too, tall but not lanky but not excessively buff either. Broad shoulders and toned arms. A defined jawline and ginger hair. Freckles that could be found everywhere and a smile to die for. Eyes that could melt your heart.

I on the other hand, I was squatty and short. I had atrociously thick thighs and fat hips. I was way too chesty and my hair ended up being frizzy no matter what I did. I had a round face and thick calves. I was terribly awkward and I hated social interaction.

By the time I had finished criticizing myself I was back at my dorm. I could faintly hear Hallie ranting inside. I slowly opened the door making a b-line for my bed. I didn't want to cry but I also wanted to cry. I sat down in the edge of my bed.

"Sage are you alright?" Hallie asked
Her and George got up making their way over to me.
"I'm fine." I mumbled
"What happened?" Hallie panicked
"It's Claudia-" I mumbled
George had his hand resting on my arm for comfort. Hallie stood up, obviously angry.

"Where. Is. She." Hallie said through gritted teeth
"Hall-" George started trying to calm her
"The courtyard." I interrupted
When Hallie was really mad it's best to just give her what she wants.
"George. Stay here, find Fred if you can. I'll be back." Hallie ordered snapping on her robe

"Hallie you aren't going to-"
"I'm going to do whatever I want." Hallie spoke
Poor George getting interrupted. Hallie rushed out of the room angrily. George sighed and sat down next to me. He pulled me closer to him as he wrapped me in a hug.
"Boo, are you ok?" He asked
I laughed lightly at his pet name.

He's been calling me that for years. All started when he tried scaring me as a ghost one year during Halloween. He'd found me crying over a skinned knee and his frightening boo came out to sound more like a term of endearment. I guess the joke stuck and was here to stay.

"Yeah, she- she just made me realize how incredibly pathetic I am compared to Fred." I responded
"Don't say that, Fred is completely obsessed with you. You are anything but pathetic compared to him. It's not your fault Claudia is insecure and feels the need to bring you down." He comforted

I looked up at him "Thank you George." I smiled
"Anytime Boo, besides you are my best friend. Come on then, let's go find Fred before Hallie murders Claudia."
We wandered around the halls, finally finding Fred and telling him what had happened. He was furious.

George and I having to keep up with Fred as he rampaged through the hall. We came up to the courtyard only to see Hallie punching Claudia in the face. All three of us stopped dead in our tracks as the two girl started fighting.

The brawl didn't last long before professors came running up to separate the two. Hallie shooting us a confident smirk as Snape dragged her away. We just stared at her in shock, I knew what she was capable of but I had never seen it in action like that.

We headed back up to our dorm to wait for Hallie to get back. I bit my lip anxiously, worried for how bad her punishment would be. It wasn't fair when Claudia had deserved it. I just wanted to be rid of her.

The door dramatically sung open casing me to gasp. There Hallie stood looking bold as brass sporting her new cut that she had acquired on her lip. I jumped up rushing to hug her.
"I was so worried!"
"Guess who has detention for the rest of the week!" Hallie beamed

Aside from the few cuts and bruises she had, she looked perfectly fine.
"Ok but... that was pretty awesome." I laughed
"You're welcome." Hallie bowed dramatically

"You don't know how mad I would be at you right now if Sage hadn't talked me down." George stated walking over to Hallie and hugging her
Hallow squeezed him back tightly. They might as well be making out in front of us.

"Alright, that was pretty badass." Fred chuckled
"You think I'm going to have a bad reputation now?" Hallie asked jokingly
"Oh yeah, you're a real rebel." I laughed

We spent the rest of the day up in Hallie and I'd dorm. Mostly taking about how Claudia had gotten her ass kicked. When Fred found out about what she had said he was more pissed. He rubbed my arm soothingly for the rest of the evening, assuring me that no one in their right mind could think that.

1014 Words