Chapter 82

Sage's POV:
"Come on, the fresh air will do you good and I know it would make Fred happy." Hallie pleaded
I tore my gaze away from out the window to look at her. I hadn't left our dorm for a few days except for classes. Clementine's ability to let people know about the breakout not adding to my eagerness to leave.

I wasn't upset, she wanted people to be aware. Everyone was bound to hear about it a way, with it headlining the papers. It just sucks that it puts me in a difficult place.
"Oh, alright." I sighed
I hopped down from my windowsill and headed to the bath to change clothes. When I walked out Clementine was already there waiting and ready to go.

We left the dorm and started heading to the quidditch pitch. We were given no shortage of nasty looks. At this point pretty much everyone knew about my parents, I had received more than my fair share of rude letters and hateful comments and looks. Clementine continued to apologize profusely as we walked. I choose to ignore the stares and comments.

We sat in the Gryffindor stands as people continued to point and whisper. We cheered on our boyfriends as the beat the Slytherins. The twins always looked so cool when playing. The way the flew around and casually batted away bludgers like it was nothing even though we all knew they could be deadly. It will never fail to amaze me how I managed to get Fred to like me.

"GRYFFINDOR WINS" Lee announced
The whole stand stood up and cheered as all the players landed. It didn't take long to notice something was wrong. Hallie nudged me, motioning for us to go down and see what was happening. We rushed onto the field to hear the end of one of Malfoy's horrible comments.

"Or perhaps, you can remember what your mother's house stank like Potter. And Weasley's pigsty reminds you of it."
Harry let go of George's arm. George bounded after Draco pinning him to the ground. Harry and George started beating on him. Fred was being held back by three other players, who were well aware of how much more aggressive Fred was than George.

It was like watching some slow motion movie on the Telly. George continued to beat the living hell out of Draco until Madam Hooch finally cast a spell to get him away.
"What do you think you're doing?" She screeched
George was sporting a swollen lip and brushed knuckles. Fred was still being held back by three chasers.
"I've never seen anything like it! Back up to the castle, all three of you! Now!"

They all headed off to the headmasters office while the rest of us headed off to wait. I sat in the hall with Hallie waiting for them to come out of the exit. My leg wouldn't stop bouncing as I bit my nails to the nub. Finally we heard the statue turning, the sound of students exiting or entering the office. Hallie and and I got up running over to the twins

George still had swollen bloody lip and bruised knuckles, both of them looking very upset. As they should.
"Are you two alright?!" I stressed wrapping my arms around Fred's neck
I turned to give George a hug as well, examining his hand.
"We're lucky Draco didn't fight back. And YOU-" I said jutting a finger as Fred "we're only lucky that the chasers were smart enough to hold you back, who knows if Draco would still be alive if they hadn't."

"I wish he wasn't." Fred mumbled
"What happened?" Hallie asked "What's your punishment?"
The two boys exchanged an even more upset look.
"Umbridge has banned us from the quidditch pitch. Forever." George said grimly
"What! She- she can't do that! That's totally unfair!" Hallie shouted
"That's what McGonagall said but she doesn't have any power." Fred responded

I knew how important quidditch was to them, on top of that what Malfoy had said all while receiving no punishment. Hallie and George went back to his dorm, and I took Fred back to mine. He sat down on the edge of my bed running his hands through his hair, letting out a frustrated sigh.
"Oh Fred I am so sorry." I said resting my hands on his shoulders
His face was now buried in his hands, his elbows resting on his legs.

I got down on my knees, settling myself in front of him. I moved his hands out of the way and pulled him closer to me.
"Listen to me. Don't take a single damn thing that- that brainless nitwit said. Your family and your house are perfect. He's just jealous because your family actually loves you and his doesn't. His mansion smells like chlorine and bleach anyway so what does he know. When someone has no better insult than how you smell when he doesn't even know, then obviously that means you're practically perfect."

Fred let out a chuckle "How am I supposed to argue with that?"
"You don't." I smiled
We stayed in that position for a while, sometimes some people just need to be held. Even if they are six foot three with broad shoulders.
"Your house smells like freshly baked pastries, all the time. Draco was just trying to get under your skin."
"Thank you." He said kissing my shoulder "And thank you for coming to the game, I know you haven't been very keen on leaving your dorm unless you have to."
I pulled his face back, cupping it in my hands.

"Anything for you dear." I smiled
"I'm sure Hallie is in our dorm right now talking George's anger up." Fred laughed rubbing his face
"I'm sure she is, she never has been one to keep the peace when it comes to other being rude to the people she cares about." I agreed
I sat down on the bed next to him "I still can't believe you've been banned for life. It's outrageous."
"I know, but nothing can be down about it I guess." He responded laying back on my bed

1031 Words