{Hyunjin - SKZ} - you're the sixth member of ITZY

Author's Note: I know these two updates have the same title but the actual chapters I wrote weren't specifically requested, so I didn't want to spoil them and chose to let them be a surprise. Happy reading!

——————————————————————————

The sound of your phone ringing loudly startled you awake.

When your eyes opened, you realized that you were warmer and more content than you'd felt in the longest time.

The reason why was because Hyunjin was holding you close, his long legs tangled with yours while his cheek rested on your head, and his arms were wrapped tightly around you.

You didn't want to move even a finger, afraid that you'd wake him and you wouldn't be as warm as you are now.

But the ringing was difficult to ignore. It was too loud and annoying to just push out of your mind and you felt afraid that, sooner or later, it would make your boyfriend awake from his peaceful sleep.

So you unwrapped his arms from around you and reached for your phone.

As you scooted away from him and sat up against the pillows, he stirred and rolled off of his back and onto his side.

"Hello?" You spoke quietly and you heard JYP on the other end.

"Y/N!" He spoke and you could tell he was frustrated. "I can't believe what I'm seeing."

"What?" You mumbled in confusion.

"You and Hyunjin went on a date last night?"

"Yeah. We managed to pay them to let us go out after it closed at ten. There was no one else there besides the staff."

"Well someone leaked must've leaked that information because there are photos all over social media of you and Hyunjin!"

Your heart sank.

How could that be?

You've always been so careful of making sure that your relationship stays private.

No one outside of ITZY, Stray Kids, the company, and your families know.

"There are photos of you kissing, sharing food, holding onto each other. There's no way we can deny this. There are so many pictures of you two online."

You reached over and shook your boyfriend's shoulder, waking him up.

"Hang on." You told JYP. "Hyunjin, wake up! Something happened."

Quickly, he sensed the anxiety in your voice and he opened his eyes and sat up right away.

"What is it? What's wrong?" He asked as he put his hand on your shoulder.

"Open your phone. Check social media."

He did as you said without hesitating.

Unlocking his phone, he opened up Twitter, and he saw the number one trending tag.

"Someone leaked our date last night and people showed up and took pictures of us." You explained and he cursed under his breath before scrolling through the tag.

You put your phone on speaker as JYP started to speak again.

"Look, I know you two are serious and I know you've been careful. I'm not upset about that too much. What I am upset about is that someone inside leaked this and now, this could mean serious trouble for you both."

Your heart was hammering against your chest in worry.

"Some fans might be angry and some of them could even take things a step too far by trying to harm either of you if they get the chance."

"So what should we do?" Hyunjin asked.

"Please don't make us break up." You pleaded and Hyunjin pulled you into his arms, seeing that you were afraid of that the most.

"I'm not going to make you break up. You've been together for several months, close to a year now, and I know you're serious enough that you can publicly manage that and your careers."

You breathed out a sigh of relief.

"I'm going to make sure this person is found and if anyone says anything too negative or tries to harm either of you, whether that be physically or by trying to spread rumors or do something to your careers, we'll sue."

Hyunjin kissed your head softly.

"I just need you to know that we have to confirm this. We have to make a plan and focus on your safety."

"Okay," Hyunjin said. "We're okay with whatever happens as long as we can stay in our groups and stay together."

"Of course," JYP said. "Look, it's six am. I'll let you go. I know that you both had today off but both of you and the rest of the members of your groups have to come in for a meeting. In a few hours, I'll text you and let you know everything. Just try and stay off social media and stay safe."

"Okay." You both said.

The call ended after that and as you let out a shaky breath, Hyunjin pulled you against his chest and held you securely.

"It'll be okay." He promised.

"People are going to lose their minds."

"They already are." He sighed before turning off his phone. "Some people aren't being very kind. But JYP will take care of that. Meanwhile, it's my job to take care of you."

You put your head back against his shoulder and stared up at him.

"I'd hate to be the reason you lose fans. We know that some people won't treat you the same now that you're taken."

"I know. I worry the same for you. But we can't let their opinions get to us. We have great friends, great families, and a company that will always be here for us. No one can tear us apart." He assured as he brushed his thumbs across your skin.

"I love you."

"I love you more." He said as he kissed your forehead softly. "I've got you."

"I've got you too."

He grinned and then laid his chin on your head, holding you tightly as you found some much-needed comfort in his arms.