{Karina} - you're dating Giselle but Karina likes you - aespa fifth member

"Y/N, baby? Are you ready? We can't be late for the event tonight!" Giselle said from outside your room in the dorm.

"Be out in a minute!"

Giselle just shook her head with a smile as she made her way to the living room, where the other three members were.

"Wow, Giselle! You look so pretty." NingNing completed.

"Thanks! You all look amazing." Giselle said as she sat on the chair.

"Where's Y/N?" Winter asked.

"She's just finishing getting ready. Tonight is such a huge event, you know she'll want to look her best." Giselle said.

Karina just sat there wordlessly, all of the members, including your girlfriend Giselle, that she was daydreaming about you.

Tonight, for this event, you're all supposed to dress in red.

Karina has always loved that color on you.

She thinks you look good in everything but in red? Her heart almost stops every time she sees you in the color.

You came downstairs a moment later and your members, except Karina, all smiled from ear to ear.

"How do I look?"

"Gorgeous," Giselle said as she got up.

She made her way over to you before cupping your cheek in her hand to pull you in for a kiss.

"Aren't they just the cutest?" Winter smiled.

"Karina, what do you think of my dress? You haven't said a word." You said as you noticed her just sitting there in silence.

"You look..." She said as she sank her teeth into her lip. "Breathtaking."

"Thank you!" You said.

"Okay, Karina. You can stop staring now." Giselle said, slightly joking but also serious, too.

Seeing that Karina was still gazing at you, Giselle frowned and put her arms around you protectively.

"She always stares at Y/N like that," NingNing said, teasing Karina.

Winter just laughed, knowing it was true.

But you and Giselle frowned.

"What? She does?" You asked.

Karina sighed as she put her head in her hands in frustration.

She knew that she couldn't mess up her hair or makeup but she couldn't believe that NingNing had let it slip.

"All the time," Winter said. "You don't know?"

"Know what?" Giselle asked.

"I've said too much," Winter said.

"Sorry, Karina," NingNing spoke in sadness.

"Karina, what's going on?"

"I can't tell you, Y/N. Let's just go, we can't be late. The staff and limo will be here soon."

"No. No, we have a couple of minutes still and I want to know what's happening!" Giselle said.

Karina got up and stared at you and Giselle wordlessly.

She chewed on her lip nervously.

"So?"

"I can't help but stare at Y/N. Because... I have a crush on her." Karina confessed.

"You have a crush on my girlfriend?" Giselle asked in disbelief.

"We've always been so close! From before we even debuted, she was always the one I was most comfortable around. That's nothing against any of you but she's just so special to me."

"Why are you just now saying this?" Giselle asked. "And tonight? When we have this important event?"

"I can't help it, okay? I was going to make a move and ask her out before you did a few months ago. But I chickened out because I was too nervous. The very next day, you asked her out. I didn't want to upset anyone so I kept it to myself!"

"It doesn't sound like you're keeping anything to yourself now!" Giselle said.

"I'm sorry! But some days are harder for me than others. I've had a crush on her from day one and I don't think it'll ever change."

You didn't know what to say or do.

You and Giselle have been together for five months now and you love each other very much.

Karina is your member, your best friend, and you don't think you feel the same way she does.

Or... do you?

"I won't get in the way. I won't cause any problems or steal her away from you, Giselle. But I also can't keep it to myself anymore. I like Y/N. Get used to it. Because I will forever."

"And what do you have to say about this,
Y/N?" Giselle asked as she looked at you with soft but worried eyes.

You were about to speak when a knock came on the door.

"We have to go," NingNing said.

"Put your problems aside for now. We can all talk more later when everything is over. But for now, we have more important things to do." Winter spoke.

Karina looked at your hand and bit her lip, desperately wanting to grab it and hold it in her own.

But Giselle noticed.

She clenched her jaw before taking your hand and leading you out the door as Karina hung her head, wondering if things would ever be the same.