{Jihyo} - she's sick the day of a concert - TWICE tenth member

You rubbed Jihyo's back comfortingly as she vomited into the bucket placed on her lap.

The girls are all watching helplessly as they finish getting ready for the show.

You've already finished your last-minute preparations such as your hair and makeup, so you're more than happy to spend the next few minutes before you're all due on stage to comfort Jihyo.

"Jihyo, are you okay?" Dahyun worriedly asked.

"I'm fine." She replied as she pushed the bucket away.

You knew that meant that her stomach was settled.

At least for the time being.

"You're not fine, Jihyo. We can all tell that." Momo said as she put her hand on her friend's shoulder in comfort.

"I know," Jihyo mumbled as she looked at the nine of you with sad eyes. "But I have to be. I have to put my best foot forward for the show."

"You can't be serious. There's no way you're going on that stage tonight." Nayeon spoke.

"With your high fever and the fact that you can't stop vomiting? You won't be able to perform." Sana said.

"They're right." You said as you continued to rub her back in comfort. "We're not trying to be mean and we know you push through so much. We know how strong and capable you are. But you're sick. It's okay to sit tonight's show out."

She shook her head as tears filled her eyes.

The thought of letting ONCEs down and the thought of possibly breaking their hearts was a lot for Jihyo to handle.

She hasn't been this sick on a show day before.

She's had more than her fair share of hard days where it wasn't easy to put her best foot forward because she was stuck inside her own head.

But this wasn't a bad day mentally.

This was physical.

She was running a high fever, her temperature being almost one hundred and two.

She's vomiting, she's dizzy, she's fatigued, and she has a terrible headache.

But she still wants to perform because she loves it more than anything and she doesn't want to disappoint anybody.

"Jihyo, I really think you should stay back here and focus on resting tonight. You're so sick and you need to stay hydrated and get as much rest as possible." Jeongyeon said.

"You know we'll miss you out there and yes, some fans might be a little sad that you're not on stage. But everyone will understand, we promise." Mina said.

"And if they don't and they get upset, that is their own problem. If people say anything on social media, we'll defend you in a heartbeat. You know we will. Because you're strong and you're so talented but you're also human and when you're sick, you need rest." Tzuyu spoke as Jihyo sniffled and leaned against you.

It broke your heart to see her this way.

You hate seeing her so unwell.

You hate seeing any of the members unwell.

They're your rock and your safe place.

You're not just a team or members of a group, you're best friends, even family.

So it's not easy on anyone when any of you fall ill.

But you know the one way that Jihyo will get better quickly will be with some much-needed rest.

"I'm sorry." She sniffled.

"Why are you sorry?" Chaeyoung frowned.

"Jihyo, if you're saying that because you feel that you've let us down or you feel bad for just being sick, you better not say it again. Because you have nothing to be sorry for." Nayeon spoke.

"I want to go out there. What if I just sit on a chair and I don't dance and I just take it easy?" She suggested as she looked at you all with hopeful eyes. "Please?"

"What if you feel sick and you can't get back here soon enough?" You questioned in concern.

"I can. I will. Because I know I won't be alone out there. I know you'll all be there if I need anything and if I need help." She said.

"Will you rest afterward?" Dahyun asked.

"Yes." Jihyo quickly agreed.

"And if you feel sick or dizzy or if you need anything, and I mean anything at all, you will tell us?" You asked.

"Right away! I swear." She said.

"Okay." Nayeon sighed. "But if you get too sick, you're coming back here immediately to rest. We will not allow you to overexert yourself or make yourself feel worse."

"And if we think you need to rest, even if you don't say anything, you have to come back here. Because sometimes you can be stubborn and we know you better than you think we do." Jeongyeon warned.

"I agree and I understand," Jihyo said.

You held onto her as the girls finished getting ready.

"You're sure about this? You're not just doing it because you think we'll be disappointed or the fans will be upset, right?"

"No, I know. I just don't want to miss a show unless I absolutely have to. My stomach is feeling better, I'm not nauseous, and I'm cooling down a bit. I'll be okay. I promise." She said as she looked into your eyes. "You don't have to worry too much."

She can say that last part all she wants but she should know already that you and the girls would all be worrying about her from the start of the show until the very end.

You knew that you had to stay focused on the show tonight but you also knew that your attention would be on her more than anything else.

Because you care about her... a lot.

And you weren't going to let anything happen to her.