{Mina} - you have hypersomnia - TWICE tenth member

You could feel your energy fading fast as you sat down on the edge of the stage.

It's about one in the afternoon and you're all at the soundcheck for tonight's show.

The girls are all so full of excitement and joy as you all work hard to put on the best show possible for all the fans tonight but you're feeling beyond exhausted.

You buried your face in your hands with a sigh.

Sometimes, it's hard to be an idol.

You know that a lot of idols will say that because it's never as easy as it looks.

But it's so much harder for you since you struggle with hypersomnia.

Some days are easier than others and you manage to push through the intense fatigue but on days like this, it's much harder to do.

"Are you okay?" Mina asked as she sat down beside you.

You pulled your hands away from your face and gazed at her with heavy eyes.

"I'll be fine." You mumbled.

"Y/N, if you're feeling too tired, you should go and get a little rest." She spoke as she brushed her hand across your shoulder in comfort.

"That's easier said than done. There's so much to get done before the show tonight and I need to put my best foot forward."

"What you need to do is take care of yourself." She said as she tried to reason with you. "Y/N, everyone knows how bad your hypersomnia can get. Everyone understands. You pushing yourself doesn't help you or anyone else."

You know she's right but you can't help but feel the pressure.

This is the first show that you've all put on in a few months and there will be thousands upon thousands of fans in attendance.

You want to be as perfect as you can for them and you need to practice and rehearse with the members.

"Hey," Mina said as she brushed her fingers across your arm. "We all know how much of a toll your hypersomnia takes on you. We know just how exhausted you feel. If you're tired, you should rest."

Jihyo and Chaeyoung made their way over to you and Mina.

"Is your hypersomnia acting up?" Chaeyoung asked as she sat in front of you.

"A little." You lied. "Don't worry, I'm okay."

"Y/N," Mina groaned. "I'm trying to convince her to get some rest."

"You need and deserve it," Jihyo spoke as she patted your shoulder.

You stared at your feet and sighed.

"I just hate my hypersomnia so much. I should be laughing and running around and having so much fun with you all and I'm just sitting here, completely drained and feeling as if I haven't slept in a month." You quietly spoke.

"We know it's not easy on you but it's just part of who you are and how you live your life. You can't control it or change it. You have to do what you can to take care of yourself." Mina softly reminded you.

"I should just push through it. I have before. Nothing helps all that much, including sleep. I can sleep for eighteen hours a day if I had the chance and I would still wake up feeling unrefreshed and drained."

"We know." Chaeyoung softly spoke.

"But you're going to feel so much worse if you don't at least try and get a little rest," Mina said.

At this point, you could hardly keep your eyes open and were practically falling asleep as they spoke.

You hummed in response as you closed your heavy eyes.

"My head hurts." You mumbled.

"That's part of your hypersomnia," Jihyo said. "That's another reason you should rest."

"You can't even keep your eyes open. As much as you try to fight it, we all know that you're going to fall asleep sooner or later. At least get some rest backstage on the sofa in the dressing room. You'll be cozier there." Mina said.

You sighed as you stood up with her and Jihyos' help.

"Come on." Mina quietly spoke as she led you backstage with her arm wrapped around you.

You could barely keep your eyes open as you walked with her.

You mostly followed her and let her guide you backstage to the dressing room.

"Here we are, babe. It's okay." She whispered as she helped you to the sofa.

You laid down and she grabbed one of the blankets in the room before covering you with it.

"Mina?"

"Yeah?" She spoke as she knelt on the floor in front of the sofa.

"Thank you."

"For?"

"For caring." You sighed. "I feel like a burden sometimes to you and the girls because I struggle to keep up with you all but you're all here for me, no matter what. I appreciate that."

Your eyes were heavy as you gazed at her and held her hand.

"Don't say that. You're never a burden. Not to me or any of the other members. We love you and care for you, more than you'll ever know. We know that this is out of your control. We try to help however we can and that includes trying to get you to rest when you need it, even if it's several times throughout the day."

"Thank you." You said as you began to fall asleep.

You couldn't stop it, no matter how hard you tried.

It was inevitable; you were going to fall asleep at some point, whether you wanted to or not.

"No need to thank me, Y/N. You just focus on getting some rest and performing tonight. Everything will be okay. Feel better."

You tiredly nodded in response and Mina just smiled as she squeezed your hand.

She knew she had to get back out there to continue the soundcheck with the girls but she just wanted to take a moment and admire you, hoping you know just how much she cares about you.

"Sleep well." She whispered before kissing your forehead softly. "I love you, Y/N."

She fixed the blanket and made sure you were warm and cozy beneath it before smiling to herself, hoping that you'd wake up feeling a little better.

She knows that, as many times as you fall asleep during the day, you don't usually wake up feeling as refreshed as others would; that's just part of your hypersomnia.

But she just hoped, maybe this once, it would be a little different; you deserved it.