Hidden problems

~Jacobs pov~

I got out the car while y/n and Harper got their stuff out the trunk and headed to set up on the beach. Just as I was about to follow I felt my hands start to shake uncontrollably. I suddenly felt like I couldn't breathe.

I started hyperventilating and I ran towards a picnic table near the palm trees opposite direction from the beach not wanting them to see.

I sat down at the picnic table and put my head down. Holding back tears and trying to calm myself down. I never know what to do when this happens. It's been happening a lot lately and I don't know why.

A couple minutes go by and I calmed down a bit but I was still shaky. I looked up towards the car and saw y/n looking around worried. I should go over.

I walked over and as soon as she saw me she rushed over and pulled me into a hug. "Where the hell were you??" She asked "I went to the bathroom" I lied. Lying to her is so hard for some reason.

She pulled away and noticed my hands shaking. She grabbed them and looked up at me. "Jacob..." she said quietly pulling me back into a hug. Her comfort almost immediately calmed me down.

"I don't know what happened I just- my hands started shaking and I felt... I don't know" I replied. "I know how you feel it's okay" she replied softly. Her soft voice was so soothing. I felt way better now and my hands weren't shaking.

"Do you wanna sit in the car for a bit or are you ready to go back?" She asked still hugging me. "We can go back now" I replied "you sure" she looked up at me and I nodded.

She grabbed my hand and we walked back to the beach and sat down with Harper and Bryce. "Where were you bro" Bryce asked "yeah you just disappeared, u you ok?" Harper added

"Yeah just went to the bathroom" I lied. "Ohhh" Harper said "had us worried man" Bryce said sipping his soda.

"Wanna swim?" Bryce asked a couple seconds later. " I'm down" Harper said standing up "we'll join y'all in a bit" y/n said. " ok" they said before walking towards the water together.

"You okay?" She asked as they walked off "yeah" I replied. She looked at me and stood up reaching her hand out. I grabbed her hand standing up in front of her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and smiled. "If that ever happens again.. call me. Or text whatever you want. Just please let me know ok?" She said.

"I promise, next time that happens I'll call right away." I replied giving her a reassuring smile. She kissed me before grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the ocean where Bryce and Harper were swimming.

___________________________________
Another update to make up for not posting last week. I know it's short but I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for reading! <333