What if..

"You okay? You look mad" Harper asked with a concerned look.

"Jacob.. he got into a fight" I replied shaking my head in frustration.

She frowned and pressed play on the movie.

15 minutes later I heard them pull up into the driveway and park.

The doors slammed and the front door swung open.

Bryce walked in and immediately went over to Harper pulling her into a hug, I guess he knows now.

Jacob walked in and walked straight to the kitchen.

I sighed and got up heading to the kitchen as well.

I walked in and saw him washing the blood of his knuckles. I walked over to the freezer and grabbed an ice pack.

"Here out that on you knuckles it'll help." I stated, you could hear the frustration and disappointment in my voice.

He grabbed it and held it onto his knuckles.

I walked around the island and sat on the barstool.

"I won" he said with a slight smirk. I blankly stared at him and his smirk quickly faded away.

"Okay I'm sorry. I know you didn't want me to go off and beat him up but I couldn't let him get away with what he did" he stated.

"And he wouldn't have gotten away with it. We would've handled it by calling the cops and putting his ass in jail where he should be." I replied.

He didn't say anything and he just stared at me, with worry in his eyes. Worry? Why is he worried right now?

"Look I shouldn't have done it, but my anger just gets the best of me and.. I guess I just do things that i probably shouldn't or things that I'll regret later." He said.

"I just... It reminded me of when your dad was after you... like that would've been you if I wasn't there that day when he showed up at your house you know?" He said looking down, tears were forming in his eyes.

My heart sank at his words.

I got up and walked around the island to him and pulled him into a hug.

He wrapped his arms around me and dropped his head into my shoulder.

"What if he had put his hands on you like that? And- and that's how you-" he said but I cut him off before he could finish

"Jacob stop, it's okay! It's all over and done with now, he's in jail, and I'm completely unharmed" I said trying to comfort him.

I hate seeing him sad. It was probably one of the worst pains in the world.

We sat there for a few minutes before he pulled away.

"I love you" he said staring into my eyes, "I love you too" I replied with a smile.

"Don't say too, it sounds like your agreeing with me" he said "fine, I love you more" I said emphasizing the 'more'.

He shook his head "not possible" he said before pecking my lips.

I leaned into him reconnecting our lips for a longer kiss, pecks are sweet but not always satisfactory.

I pulled away and he smirked, I knew what he was thinking and rolled my eyes playfully because of it.

"Keep the ice on your knuckles! And you should go shower you have a bit of blood on you" I said gesturing to his arm that had drops of blood on it.

He must've really beat him up. I wonder what had happened and what the fight had looked like. Was it bad? Was it an unfair win? Did Jay try to.... No.

He probably looked hot beating his ass though.

Wait, no not right now y/n. Now is not the time to fantasize about your boyfriend.

He went upstairs to shower and I returned back to my spot on the living room couch.

"I can't believe he's drinking again." Bryce said lowly.

"He got dumped" Harper said. Bryce and I looked at her confused. He was in a relationship? When?

"She ghosted him after they had sex apparently" she added.

"oh" Bryce sighed in annoyance.

Him and Jay used to be really close. In middle school Jacob, Bryce, and Jay were inseparable, they were that one group of trouble makers that you love but won't admit that you don't absolutely hate them.

Jay has always had bad luck with relationships. In his Sophomore year he had a sloppy break up with Carmen Jacobs, they broke up because she cheated on him with the entire football team, and no I'm not exaggerating that. She actually hooked up with every guy on the football team..

Later that year was ghosted by Charlotte Delaney, and then used by Laura Jones.

They were all part of the reason he started drinking, but the main reason was because...

Well... the main reason was because of-
___________________________________
Oh? A cliffhanger🤭 sorryyyy but ig you'll have to wait til next week to know why Jay drinks so much🤷🏽‍♀️ Thanks for reading<333