Home alone

As I walked back into the house I saw a glimpse of bright red hair walking around the corner.

Should I talk to her about it?

...

Probably..

I took a deep breath before following where she had went. Which happened to be her room.

Thank god she picked a private area.

"Red" I called as I popped my head into her room.

She looked up from her seat in front of her vanity.

"Hey Bee" she smiled.

I smiled back and walked in closing the door behind me. I plopped down onto her bed before sitting criss cross and facing her.

"So I have something I want to talk about" I started.

She put her phone down indicating that I had her full undivided attention.

"What's up?" She asked.

I took a breath before speaking.

"I'm thinking about having a baby.. I don't know for sure yet but it was just something Jacob had brought up at the lake house" I blurted. The words spilling out of my mouth.

She stared.

I stared back. Fearing her reaction for some reason.

Telling Harper was much more nerve racking then telling my own mom and I don't know why..

"So... what are you asking..?" She questioned.

"I mean. I guess I'm not really asking anything I just wanted to see... what you think... I guess?" I replied.

"As long as I'm the god mom" she shrugged with a warm smile.

"So you'd be happy if I had a kid?" I asked.

"Of course I'd be. I'll support you always." She reassured.

"Thanks" I smiled.

"Don't thank me, I'm your best friend, that's what I do" she said in a duh tone.

"You just have to let me help pick baby names" she beamed.

"Of course" I chuckled.

"Ouu and plan the baby shower.. and gender reveal!" She exclaimed. The excitement was radiating off of her.

"Shhh" I laughed.

"I haven't told Bryce about it yet" I said.

"Ohh... that's gonna be fun" she said sarcastically.

"Very" I said matching her tone.

"Do you wanna tell him now?" She asked.

"I'm not sure. Honestly I don't even know if I want this one hundred percent" I admitted, falling back onto her bed.

"Maybe you figure out for sure if you want this and then tell Bryce. You know how he is. Once he's excited about something, it's all he wants until he gets it so... if he gets excited about possibly being an uncle he'll bug you about it until your dead" she chuckled.

I sighed in response.

She was right. If I told Bryce and he was excited about it he'd bug us until we were actually having a baby.

"Yeah I'm gonna wait to tell Bryce." I said.

"Wait to tell me what?" A familiar voice said from the door.

Harper and I both whipped our heads in that direction to see Bryce leaning against the door way, arms crossed, and eyes directly on me.

I was never intimidated by Bryce. Honestly if either of us was intimidated it was him. He's always been like a little brother to me. So telling Bryce this kind of stuff was way harder than you'd think.