Sunset

Jacob changed into his black swim trunks and I changed into a white bikini and one of Jacobs hoodies over it.

I slipped my flip flops on, and grabbed my empty canvas tote, and threw in sunscreen, my phone, house keys, boat keys, and Jacobs phone since he'd probably forget it and be looking for it on the boat.

I walked out the room and Harper and Bryce were already waiting there.

Jacob walked out the room shortly after and we all headed to the dock.

"Bryce I'll do the controls if you can drop the chains" Jacob said as he walked up to the boat controls.

"Sounds good" Bryce replied.

Jacob lowered the boat into the water and Bryce disconnected all the chains holding the boat up.

Harper and I stepped onto the boat and placed down our things.

I got behind the wheel and pulled the keys out of my bag, starting the boat up once I did.

Bryce and Jacob hopped on and found a spot to sit.

"Ready" I asked. "Yep" Bryce and Harper said.

"Oh shit I forgot my phone" Jacob sighed.

"No I grabbed it it's in my bag. I knew you'd forget it so I just went ahead and grabbed it" I replied.

"Thanks babe" Jacob said as he walked over to my bag and grabbed his phone.

I pushed the pedal and headed towards the center of the lake.

<>

After about 5 minutes we made it to a good spot and I shut off the boat.

"Do you want me to put the anchor down or just let the boat float around" Jacob asked.

"Either is fine. It's dead calm out so the boat won't go very far or move around too much" I replied.

Bryce pulled his shirt off and jumped into the lake.

"He wasted no time" Jacob laughed.

"Holy shit the water is like perfect" Bryce said after he came back up from the water.

"Really?" Jacob asked.

He pulled his shirt off and flipped into the water. "Damn he wasn't joking" he said after aiming back to the surface.

"Watch out for Tiny" I smiled.

"Shut up y/n" Bryce rolled his eyes.

"I can't believe y'all used to believe there was a sea monster in here" I laughed.

"Tiny the sea monster" Harper mocked.

The boys swam around and Harper and I had been talking for about 10 minutes.

The sun was finally setting and Bryce and Jacob climbed the boat and joined Harper and I.

I was laying with my back against the arm of the seats. Jacob came and laid in between my legs with his head resting against my stomach.

Bryce shyly took a seat close to Harper wrapping his arm around her.

I shot harper a look and she rolled her eyes blushing.

"The sunset is so pretty" I said as I looked out onto the water, admiring the reflection of the sky.

"I wish I could do this everyday" Harper added.

For the rest of the sunset no one said a word. We all just enjoyed the quiet and peace.

"That was nice" Bryce said.

"Very relaxing" Jacob said almost asleep.

I chuckled and played with his hair.

"I can drive us back" Harper smiled.

"NO!" I blurted. "Last time you tried to drive the boat you almost sunk us and crashed" I laughed.

"Whatever" she playfully rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

I stood up and walked over to the starter and cranked up the boat, driving us back to the dock.

"That was amazing" Harper said as we got off the boat.

"It was definitely needed" I smiled.

The boys parked the boat and attached it to the dock, wrapping the cords around and strapping the boat onto the lift.

Harper and I walked inside and she headed to her room to shower.

I decided to do the same and shortly after I got in I heard the door open and close.

Must be Jacob.

"Bee" Harper said.

"Red? What are you doing in here?" I asked poking my head out the shower to see her sitting on the toilet still in her swimsuit.

"I want to tell Bryce how I feel about him." She confessed.

My eyes widened. "Finally!" I exclaimed.

"Shhh" she laughed.

"What makes you want to finally do it?" I asked.

"I don't know I just.. I want more than just his arm around me or holding his hand for a couple seconds. I want to kiss him and cuddle him all the time, and maybe... even more than that" she shyly admitted.

"Ouuuu" I teased.

"Also you and Jacob have kinda inspired me. After seeing how well you guys turned out to be and how happy you guys are I've realized that I want that too and it's not bad to date a childhood friend" she added.

"Well I'm glad we've inspired you" I smiled as I picked up the shampoo bottle.

"When do you want to do it?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. But I kinda want to wait until he does something you know" she said.

"Yeah I get that. I'd probably do the same" I laughed.

Just as I finished saying that Jacob walked into the bathroom.

"Uhm... so is this what y'all do when we aren't around?" He questioned.

"Pretty much" Harper said.

"I was about to leave though" she added.

"Great" he said.

"Cause I smell like lake and I'm not a fan" he added.

Harper laughed before leaving and shutting the door behind her.

I heard Jacob moving around and soon after he stepped into the shower behind me.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face into my neck.

"Everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah just tired" he mumbled.

"Then take a quick shower and go lay down baby" I said turning around to face him.

"I will but for now I just wanna stand like this" he said.

He wrapped his arms around my waist again and hid his face in my neck.

I wrapped my arms around him as well, rubbing his back and running my fingers through his hair.

A couple minutes later we washed ourselves and got out the shower.

___________________________________
Hope y'all enjoyed this! I apologize for my bland writing in this chapter. I do however have some big storyline ideas for after they move into the house sooo prepare yourselves mentally. Love y'all, thanks for reading <333