Oh shit

I feel my eyes tear up as the blue confetti falls to the ground.

"I knew it!" Bryce cheered as he turns to Harper who was laughing.

Everyone cheered and Jacob pulled me back into a hug.

After that everyone talked and ate, I kept thinking about how in only 7 months I would have a little baby boy.

It sounds so surreal..

Like it's just a dream and tomorrow I'll wake up and Jacob will be going to that content house... and we were still having a big argument.

I lightly pinch myself... causing a stinging feeling in my arm.

I chuckle at how silly that was but at least I know this is real.

<>

Everyone has left..

The party is over and now Harper, Bryce, Jacob and I are sitting in the living room watching a movie.

"When you have the baby.. are you guys gonna move out?" Bryce randomly asks.

I turn my attention to him..

"Well I wasn't planning on it but I'm sure we will eventually. But that wouldn't be for a while" I reply.

He nods as he looks to his hands.

"My plan right now is to make one of the guest rooms the baby's room when he's older and then maybe in like 4 years we'll move out into a home that I can see growing a family in you know.." I add.

I can see the sad expression leave his face as he looks back up.

I give him a small smile before looking back to the tv.

"Your little baby bump has me melting" Harper says as she reaches over and puts her hand in my stomach.

"I can't wait" she adds as she moves her hand back and sits up.

I smile as I see Jacob start to fall asleep in the corner of my eye.

"I think we're gonna go to sleep, we're burnt out from the party" I chuckle as I stand up.

Harper nods as I wake up Jacob and he gets up to follow me.

We go up to our room and once we get up there Jacob falls onto the bed. I laugh a bit as I go to my closet to change into something more comfortable for bed.

Once I lay down Jacob immediately wraps his arms around me.

"I love you" he whispers.

"I love you too" I smile.

A few seconds later he falls asleep.. and soon I do too.

*5 1/2 months later*

It's the middle of the night and the baby is exactly one day over the due date.

Jacob is currently laying on the bed watching a show and I'm taking a shower.

The warm water feels amazing on my skin.

I close my eyes and relax but as I do I feel something... strange..

Like I'm peeing.. but I'm not?

I pause..

Holy shit. My water broke..

I turn off the water and wrap a towel around myself.

I walk out the bathroom a bit panicked..

"My water just broke.." I say I'm shock.

Jacobs eyes widen a bit..

He snaps back into reality and gets up.

"Alright just get dressed I'm gonna put the bag in the car" he said calmly as he went and grabbed the bag we packed for the hospital.

I got myself dressed into a hoodie and maternity leggings that went over my stomach.

I slipped on my sandals I had been wearing since other shoes were too hard to get on at the time.

I grabbed my phone and as I reached for it I was met with what felt like a terrible cramp..

I groaned in pain and closed my eyes.. putting my hand on my stomach..

I took a second to catch my breath as the pain soothed.. I grabbed my phone and walked out.

Jacob met me at the bottom of the stairs and helped me to the car.

I leaned back my seat and laid down.. closing my eyes.

He drove us to the hospital and as soon as we got inside I was escorted to a room.

Everything was a big blur... it was all happening so quickly.

I was put into a hospital gown and laid down in a labor room.

We waited for what felt like years as they were trying to figure out how many centimeters dilated I was.

As we were waiting I was met with another contraction..

I tried my best to stay calm but it just wasn't working..

They kept coming more frequently and eventually it was time to actually start pushing the baby out.

Suddenly I was filled with anxiety..

It was like none of this had been real until now..

The sudden realization that I was about to literally give birth to a child had hit me like a punch in the face.

They had given me epidural and all those pain meds for it..

Everything after that was a blur..

A mixture of doctors and nurses telling me to push..

Jacob was sitting next to me and holding my hand with a big smile on his face..

My mom had showed up at some point and they let her in.. she grabbed my other hand and gave it those three small squeezes like she's done since I was little..

The three squeezes saying 'I love you'.

Eventually I realized that the only important thing right now was that this baby is safe and healthy..

I felt lightheaded and weak... pain and discomfort.

A couple minutes later he came out and I had stopped pushing.

But I now felt more lightheaded than ever..

Is this normal..?

The doctors, nurses, my
Mom, and Jacob were so happy.. saying good job and you did it.. things like he's beautiful and I'm proud of you..

But I couldn't reply... I was too tired and weak..

Suddenly one of the doctors noticed something.. the smile immediately left his face..

"Something's wrong! Get the baby bathed and to the nursery. Something is wrong with mom" he says as he immediately goes back into work mode..

shit...
________________________________
Ohhhh shietttt

Cliffhanger hehee

Thanks for reading <333