Gender Reveal

3 months later

It's the day of the gender reveal party and I was a stressing the fuck out.

The cake was supposed to be delivered two hours ago.

The balloons were supposed to be ready to pick up thirty minutes ago.

My mom is late. She said she'd help me set up and she's no where in sight.

This entire day is giving me a headache.

As I sat down at the kitchen table I felt Jacobs hands on my shoulders as he leaned down to kiss my head.

"Breathe baby" he spoke.

"The cake just got here and Harper is going to go get the balloons" he smiled as he sat beside me, rubbing my back.

I took a breath.

"Am I being dramatic?" I asked.

"Not at all" he replied with a chuckle. "You have every right to be stressed."

I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Moms still not here" I said.

"It's okay we've basically done everything we need to set up. All that's left is the cake and balloons" he smiled.

He stood up and held his hand out for me to grab. As he pulled me up he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

I sank into his arms and buried my head in his chest as I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"I'm excited to find out the gender" he spoke.

I smiled at his words.

"Me too."

The only person that knows is Harper. She's the best at keeping secrets and I honestly wanted it to be a surprise for Jacob and I.

She's done an amazing job.

She planned the entire thing basically.

I was more than happy to let her do it because I've been way too tired.

<>

It's been 45 minutes and Harper had finally got back with the stuff.

"Perfect timing" Bryce said.

Harper sat the cake down on the stand before taking the balloons into her room so they wouldn't fly away or be popped.

"People should start getting here soon, everything is set up right?" I asked red.

"Yup" she smiled back.

I let out a relieved sigh before taking a seat on the couch.

Jacob sat next to me with his arm wrapped around me.

<>

Everyone in our families had now gotten here and everyone was talking and having fun.

I smiled as I looked at all the family members wearing pale blue or light pink shirts and dresses.

We had asked everyone to wear what they think the gender is. We thought it'd be cute to see.

It makes me so happy to see everyone here excited about us having a baby. I was scared our families would think we were too young and look down on us for it but oh how I was so wrong.

I walked to the kitchen to grab myself a drink and as I looked up I saw Jay's car out the window.

Suddenly I was nervous.

Obviously he knows about the pregnancy but I haven't actually talked to him since... that.

A few minutes later he came in the kitchen with a smile as he held his arms out.

I smiled back and went to hug him.

"Congratulations" he said.

"Thanks" I replied.

Damn this is awkward.

"Harper uh.. invited me" he spoke as he forced a smile.

"I'm glad you came" I replied.

Just before the moment could get any more awkward Harper came in and asked Jay for some help with something.

I sighed as they walked out the room.

Lifesaver.

<>

Everyone gathered outside as Jacob and I stood in front of them with the big black balloon.

"Wait let me videotape it!" Grandma said as she pulled out her phone.

We all laughed at her words before everyone started counting down.

"3...2..." they started.

"1!" Everyone yelled in unison.

I stabbed the balloon with the small knife Harper had gave me.

With a loud pop all the confetti came falling out, spreading all over the ground.

I started to cry and Jacob smiled widely.

His fists were in the air as he cheered.

He turned back to me and picked me up before leaving a kiss on my lips.

It's a...

________________________________
Haha cliffhangerr
Thanks for reading<333