Confused

It was like he noticed my mood changed.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Should I feel bad for flirting with someone the day we broke up?" I asked looking away from him.

"No. It's part of healing. Everyone finds a rebound in some way. Whether it's a hook up or an actual relationship, you rebound" he replied leaning against the rail.

I took a second to think about what he said.

Jacob was dancing with that girl.

"Jacob was with a girl. If anything he should feel bad. For leaving you for some whore" he said.

It was as if he read my mind and said it aloud.

"That's rude Jay" I said.

"Oh whatever Ms. Goody two shoes. She is one. You saw how she just found another guy as soon as Jacob left. That girl. Kaylee. Had 4 pregnancy scares in grade 10." He stated.

"If that doesn't say 'whore' I don't know what does" he added.

I rolled my eyes and looked away.

"Your house is nice" I said breaking the silence.

" yeah it's pretty cool." He replied.

"You still haven't told me how you bought it though" I said.

He looked over at me and smirked.

"I did. I told you I bought it with my money" he said.

I rolled my eyes

"Seriously Jay" I said.

"How'd you buy it?" I asked

"Back in senior year I decided to start learning to cook. My mom always said I could be a chef or something one day cause I loved helping her cook when I was like four." He started.

"So I started learning. And when my mom saw my food she immediately told her chef friend. And he really liked my food so he hired me. But after a while I decided I wanted to work for myself cause I hated being bossed around and shit." He continued.

"Sound like you" I laughed.

"So my mom helped me buy a place and now, 3 years later I own 'Flambé' so that's how I bought this" he said.

"Wait. You own flambé?" I asked.

We haven't talked for 2 years and he did all that?

What in the wattpad?

"Mhm" he hummed.

" I didn't even know you liked cooking" I said.

"I love it. It's like... free therapy" he smiled.

We sat there in silence once again before Harper texted me saying she was tired and ready to go.

"Harper wants to leave" I said looking up at him from my phone.

He sighed and stood up.

"Well, it was really nice talking with you y/n" he smiled.

"It was" I smiled back.

Tension had appeared between us out of nowhere.

It was like all the sudden we were two magnets gravitating towards each other.

I hesitated before leaning in and kissing him.

He kissed me back before pulling away.

"I'm hoping you don't regret that later" he smiled.

"We'll see" I said.

I told him bye and walked downstairs.

Harper was already at the door so we walked out together and got in the car.

The ride home was quiet. Harper had fell asleep and I was too lost in thought to play music.

<>

Harper and I walked in the house and she went to Bryce's room.

I dragged myself up the stairs and into my room, closing the door behind me.

I kicked off my heels and slid down the door, letting myself fall to the ground.

I pulled my knees to my chest and rested my head in my hands.

Today was crazy.

I'm praying that tomorrow is better. Maybe it will just all be some dumb dream if I go to bed and wake up tomorrow.

I'll wake up in Jacobs arms and everything will be normal again.

My eyes started to fill but I held them in and refused to cry.

I took my head out my hands and looked up, noticing Jacob standing behind a box.

He was looking at me but quickly looked down at the box when I looked at him.

"hi" i said weakly.

He hesitated before replying

"hey"

We sat in silence for a minute.

"So you and Jay huh" he stated.

I could hear the anger in his voice.

It was very faint but it was there.

"Jacob you can't be mad about that. You broke up with me" I said.

"And don't act like you weren't with Kaylee earlier" I added as I stood up and walked to the closet.

"I didn't wanna be!" He yelled.

"She forced herself onto me! And I didn't resist because I was trying to stop thinking about you" he yelled.

"Exactly, you didn't resist. Don't yell at me Jacob. This is all on you. You ended us and changed everything." I said, emphasizing 'everything' with my hands.

He stared.

I stared back for a second before grabbing some sweatpants and a sweatshirt and walking into the room again.

He walked into the closet and I changed while he grabbed some of his clothes and put them into boxes.

I fell onto the bed and started scrolling on my phone.

About an hour later Jacob turned the light off and climbed into bed.

A few minutes later I got up and went to the bathroom.

I cried for a minute before flushing the toilet and running the water for a few seconds.

When I walked out I saw Jacob staring at the ceiling.

I climbed back into bed and faced my back to him.

"Y/n" Jacob said.

I hummed in response.

"Is this all just a mistake" he said.

But it was less of a question and more of a statement.

Is it?
___________________________________
Hmmm are you taking him back already?? Thanks for reading <333