Jealousy, Jealousy

What the fuck!

I look at the ground to see a shattered beer bottle right at my feet. "What the hell is your problem?!" I yell.

"your my problem!" Kate yelled back. She stood up and stormed over to me grabbing my wrist and pulling me out the room.

She dragged me to her room slamming the door behind her.

"How could you?" She yelled. " You fucking backstabbing whore!" She continued.

"Excuse me!?" I yelled back. "How am I a backstabber?!" I added. "You know I've loved Jacob since we were fucking kids! And you were always jealous of the fact that I was gonna be with him one day so you- you stole him for yourself!" She screamed.

WHAT?

JEALOUS MY ASS.

"Im the jealous one?! Look at yourself! Your unbelievable" I yelled back. "OKAY FINE. Yes! I am jealous of you! How could I not fucking be! Your perfect! You have a perfect house, a perfect lake house, beautiful nice cars, a perfect boyfriend, perfect friends, perfect body! Perfect face! Everything! Every. Single. Goddamn thing about you and your life is perfect!" She screamed, tears forming in her eyes.

"So I'm sorry that I'm jealous of your perfect little life and that the one perfect thing that I was gonna have was to no one's surprise stolen by you. All my fucking life I've looked up to you, compared myself to you, even tried to be you!" She continued.

"I'm Envious of your entire fucking existence. I just wanted one thing that would be perfect... and you took it." She added but this time her voice wasn't angry or loud... it was quiet, and tired.

She dropped to the ground as the tears flooded out of her eyes. "I just wanted one thing" she quietly sobbed.

I no longer feel angry at her. How could I? I can relate to her.

Comparison.

Envy.

Anger.

Jealousy.

Hatred.

I've felt every single one of those feelings in the same way she has. It's hard.

Without thinking I dropped in front of her pulling her into a hug.

Surprisingly she didn't push me away or jump back. In fact she did the exact opposite... she hugged me back.

Her head dropped onto my chest and her arms around my waist.

"I had no idea you ever felt that way." I whispered.

"But my life isn't as it seems babe" I chuckled.

"Lies" she whispered. "Prove it" she added.

"Well... my dad has been in and out of my life since I was 7 and about two months ago... he left again but this time it was way worse. When he tried to come back Jacob didn't let him and so he tried to ... abuse me every chance he got" I said.

"W-what? He did?" She asked sounding very worried and surprised. "Mhm" I nodded.

"I'm so sorry that's... that's horrible" she replied. "He's in jail now though. I can heal. I have healed... anyways, another reason I'm definitely not perfect is that when I was in my sophomore year of highschool I was in a really bad place.. i hated my body and everything would irritate me or upset me and it was just not good." I sighed.

"Even though people may seem like they have a perfect life, they probably don't. Everyone has their shit you know" I added.

I felt her nod and right after she did the door swung open. It was Harper, Jacob, and Bryce.

"Guys sto-" Jacob yelled "Im not gonna lie this is the last way I expected to find you two." He said.

We laughed and stood up, "we just needed to... talk" I said glancing at Kate. "Oh... okay." Bryce said.

Bryce and Jacob shot each other a confused look but shrugged it off and just walked out. "So you don't hate her anymore?" Harper scoffed. "Uhm.. well she told me why she did what she did and in the end I really couldn't be mad anymore" I said.

Kate and I explained everything that had went down and in the end Harper wasn't mad either. She was actually pretty sympathetic towards Kate.

"We should all hangout again. Without the toxicity haha" I laughed. "For sure" Harper agreed, "That sounds really nice" Kate smiled.

"Also Kate, I have someone that I think would be good for you. You guys could really help each other a lot" I smiled.

"What?...who?" She asked. Harper gave me a confused look "His name is Jay... He's harpers older brother and he's in a bad place right now. He just got out of a bad relationship and could really use some love" I said.

Harper's jaw dropped "do you think he'd be willing to talk to her?" Harper asked. "Actually I think he's gonna love her after talking for a bit, think about it she's everything Jay looks for in a girl, and she could help bring back our Jay. The Jay we know and love" I smiled.

Those last two sentences made Harpers face light up, she misses him. She'd do anything to bring him back.

"You should come back with us and stay for a week. We're in the middle of moving but once we unpack and settle in you can stay in one of the guest rooms." I said.

"I'd love that" Kate smiled.
___________________________________
A lot just happened... I hope you guys enjoyed it though! Love y'all!! Thanks for reading<333