Caught

Well the main reason was because of me...

I dated him... in junior year of high school and we dated all the way until senior homecoming when I ended things with him. I ended our relationship because he started doing drugs trying to be 'cool' and what not and I really did not want anything to do with that so.. I just left.

Apparently after I broke up with him he started drinking. Nonstop drinking. Every. Single. Night.

And when he would get drunk he'd break things or punch walls and shit. He has really bad anger issues as it is and the alcohol is really just the cherry on top.

He's never hurt Harper before though which is why I wonder what happened for him to get so mad and so drunk that he took it out on his own sister?

Him and Harper are so close that I could never even imagine him laying a finger on her.

I was lost in thought when Jacob came back downstairs and sat down next to me.

"You okay" he whispered putting his hand on my thigh. I snapped out of it and nodded.

"I'm so excited to move bro" Bryce said. "Same" we all replied.

We talked about the new house and how excited we were to finally live together, We talked about who would do/ be what in the house, They said I'd be the mom of the house, Jacob would be the crazy child, Bryce would be the teen that you only see like twice a day at most, and Harper would be the really chill one that helps with anything.

We laughed at our little stereotypes and finished the movie that was on.

"Damn it's only 4:46? It feels so much later than that." Bryce said looking at his phone.

"We should do something" Harper stated "like?" Bryce and Jacob asked in Unison.

We all thought for a moment before someone finally spoke up "how about we drive to y/n's lake house tomorrow and stay for a couple days! It's tradition to go every summer!" Harper said excitedly.

She's right, we go literally every year and I really miss the lake house. It'd be really fun and a great break from everything that's happened within the past month or so.

"I'm always down for a lake house trip" I said smiling, "same" Jacob said. " anything to get away from my mom sounds like a great plan" Bryce said sitting back.

"Oh shit!" I said smacking Jacob "ow! What?" He yelled. "My mom is gonna be home in like 20 minutes" I yelled.

"Oh shit-" Jacob said turning his head to look at me.

"Im gonna go change and get my life together and we can go and hangout for a bit and I'll just tell her the plan about going to the lake house" I said getting up and going upstairs.

I heard Jacob say okay as I ran upstairs and into his room.

I quickly did my makeup and brushed my hair before changing into this simple jean shorts and a graphic tee I stole from Jacobs closet before grabbing my phone off the bed and running back downstairs.

"Hey that's my shirt!" Jacob said pointing to me.

"Whaaat? Noo this is mine, I packed it" I said jokingly. He rolled his eyes and stood up grabbing the keys off the coffee table.

"We'll be back in like an hour tops" Jacob said to Bryce and Harper as we walked out the door.

<Time skip>
Y/n's House
5:03 p.m

We parked in the long driveway and saw that moms car was gone but someone else's car was parked there instead. Who the hell could that be?