There's always that one evil brother

Saturday
{10:19 a.m}

I woke up next to Jacob and picked up my phone to see the time.

I got a text from my mom saying that she was going to be back home today by 5 pm today. Im excited to see her again but I'm sad I have to leave Jacob.

I texted her back saying that I looked forward to her coming home and that I loved her before setting my phone back down and turning back over to face Jacob.

He's so pretty. I caught myself smiling like an idiot at him and covered my face out of embarrassment.

I don't know why he still makes me so nervous but maybe that's something that won't ever go away.

He started to stir before actually waking up.

He reached over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist resting his head against my chest.

I smiled and played with his hair. "I love when you do that" he mumbled "do what?" I asked "that. When you play with my hair, it feels nice I guess" he mumbled again.

I smiled again and continued what I was doing until there was a light knock on Jacobs door. He groaned and nudged his head into my chest.

"Come in" I said loud enough for them to hear.

They opened the door and I saw it was Harper.. but she was crying.

I immediately got up and went over to her pulling her into a hug. No questions. Just held her letting her cry into my shoulder.

Jacob groaned from me moving but that was the least of my worries right now.

He eventually sat up and saw what was going on "hey... what happened? Are you okay?" He asked rubbing his eyes.

She didn't say anything and continued crying into my shoulder. I rubbed her back and continued hugging her.

As I rubbed her back I accidentally moved her hoodie up a bit and saw a bruise on her lower back.

I pulled away from the hug and looked at her with a concerned look. "How did that happen?" I asked.

"Uhm... Jay.. was mad and drunk and threw a- a bottle at me.. it hit my lower back.." she replied softly.

Oh no. Jay's drinking again? I thought he was sober..

Shit.

"Oh baby.." I said with a sympathetic tone pulling her back into a hug.

"Wait he did what!?" Jacob yelled.

I turned around and flashed him a 'not now' look and he shook his head before looking away. He's pissed.

And he has every right to be pissed because I am too but now wasn't the time to yell and get mad, we needed to comfort Harper and be mad about it later.

For context; Jay is Harper's older brother, he's 22, has anger issues when drunk, an alcoholic, and lowkey a psycho.

I really thought he was finally going to be sober but like always he started drinking again.