Jay's

I heated mumbled arguing and then a loud thud.

I quickly got up and went into the kitchen.

"What the hell?!" I exclaimed.

Josh was holding his jaw as he propped himself up on his arm on the floor.

Jay was standing in front of him with an enraged look on his face.

"Don't touch her" Jay spat.

"Jesus man. I fucking apologized" Josh groaned as he stumbled to his feet.

Jay stormed out the room and up the stairs.

I didn't know the house that well but I assumed his room was up there.

But something else told me he went to that balcony.

I went after him and proved my gut right.

There he was leaning on the railing of the balcony.

I walked next to him and leaned on the railing. We stood in silence for a minute before he spoke.

"Sorry about him. He's a douche." He stated.

"I shouldn't have punched him though" he added.

"Yeah that was a little much" I said.

"I don't know why I still let him stay here" he said.

He rubbed the fist that he punched josh with and I glanced down at it. It seemed fine but I could tell it hurt.

"My other roommate is way nicer I promise" Jay said.

"He actually knows how to talk to women" he chuckled causing me to let a small laugh out too.

"So your house isn't just filled with douches then" I said.

"I was starting to think your house was just douche central to be honest" I added sarcastically, making us both laugh a little.

"It's not I promise" he said.

I rested my head on my fist and looked at him.

It felt like I hadn't actually looked at him in forever.

Which was partially true since we hadn't been on the best terms since high school.

My eyes traced the outline of his side profile.

His jawline was sharp and oddly complimented his Adams apple. His nose was also kinda sharp if that even makes sense.  He had long dark brown eye lashes that made his green eyes pop.

His hair was different from Harpers bright red hair.  His was a pretty auburn color with bright red streaks.

Everyone always thought his hair color was fake and he dyed it but you can dial all the way back to his baby pictures and see his auburn hair with those bright red streaks that compliment his eyes so well.

He was like someone out of a book but.

It wasn't until he looked at me that I noticed I was staring.

When we locked eyes mine widened and I felt my cheeks flush.

"Sorry" I abruptly apologized.

"Don't apologize" he smiled.

"Your eyes are really pretty" I said.

He stared at me for a second. I saw his smile widen a bit.

"Yours are too" he replied.

I smiled and looked away. But he didn't. He kept staring. I could feel his gaze and it was like it was burning a hole into my head.

He finally looked away and started up a conversation.

<>

It was now about 9:30 p.m and I hadn't even realized how fast time went by.

I had been hanging out with Jay and his roommate Bryce who I met shortly after we left the balcony.

We were currently having a conversation about red and green flags in a person Or relationship and Bryce and Jay were bickering over which red flag was worse, Not showering or Not brushing their teeth.

In my opinion they were both equally disgusting but the boys had their own thoughts on it.

"Okay but at least you can still kiss them if they don't shower. If they didn't brush their teeth you'd never want to kiss that" Jay argued.

"So!? How the hell would you even be in the same house as someone who doesn't shower? At least if they don't brush their teeth they can keep their fuckin' mouth shut and you won't have to smell shit until the talk" Bryce argued back.

I laughed at his argument and they both looked over to me.

"What do you think is worse?" Bryce asked crossing his arms.

"They're both equally gross. But if I had to pick I side then I'm siding with Bryce on this one." I said.

"Thank you!" Bryce exclaimed throwing his arms in the air out of relief.

"That's crazy." Jay rolled his eyes.

"I'm a big physical touch person. I'd rather not kiss than not cuddle or hug or anything you know" I said defending my opinion.

"I guess" Jay said.

"I'm with her on that one" Bryce said high-fiving me.

"Whatever next one" Jay said.

As the boys pondered the next question I got a text from Harper.

"Shit" I mumbled.

"What?" Bryce and Jay asked in unison.

"It's Jacob he's drunk and being ridiculous." I scoffed.

"What's he doing?" Bryce asked.

"Jacobs drunk?" Jay asked.

"Yeah, Harper said Bryce brought him home and had to carry him inside, he mad and trying to throw shit" I stated as I massaged my temple from stress.

"I've gotta go do something" I added.

"Be careful out there" Bryce said.

"Oh and it was nice meeting you come back sometime!" He added as I got up from my seat at the table.

"Ditto" I smiled.

"Drive safe" Jay called as I was heading out.

I walked to my car and sighed as I pulled out the driveway.

This is gonna be one loong night.

___________________________________
Jesus Jacob you want a break and now you're losing your mind because you want me back? Make up your mind. Thanks for reading<333