Evelyn

*Jacobs pov*

After they looked around some more we left the store and started walking down the sidewalk.

"That store had some pretty stuff" Harper said, "I know! They had a really pretty ring but it was like a thousand dollars" Y/n sighed.

They walked about two feet ahead of Bryce and I, I made sure to stay close in case anything happens.

As we walked into another store there were two guys probably about our age I heard one of them whisper. "yo that girl in the khakis... hella fine" one of them smirked.

They were whispering but absolutely sucked at it, "she's probably dating one of those guys dude. If she's dating that fucking giant he'll rock your fuckin' world" the other laughed.

Damn right.

"man shut up he won't do shit. The big ones never know how to fight." He scoffed. "Jacob." Y/n whisper yelled, tugging my arm. "what?" I whisper yelled back.

"Leave it." She snapped. She didn't even have to explain what she was talking about, I already knew she was referring to the guys talking about her so I shook my head and followed y/n around.

"Uhm excuse me" someone said lightly tugging on my leg. The voice was quite and sounded very child-like.

I turned around and looked down to see a little girl standing there looking worried as hell.

"You okay?" I asked. Y/n turned around to see what was happening and immediately rushed to the little girls side, kneeling down in front of her.

"What's wrong sweetie?" Y/n asked, her voice calm and gentle.

"I... I l-lost my momma" she hesitated, on the verge of tears. "It's okay, we'll find her in no time okay. Don't cry sweetheart there's nothing to worry about, your safe now okay. I'm glad you came to us" y/n smiled, reassuring the little girl.

She's gonna be such a great mom one day.

I caught myself smiling like an idiot at y/n, she was so damn comforting and gentle with her. I couldn't help but imagine if that was our kid one day.

"Okay" the little girl smiled. Y/n gently wiping her tears away and picked her up. "So what does your momma look like?" Y/n asked.

"Hmm... she kinda looks wike... uhm" the little girl thought for a moment. "She has short rwed hair.. and pwetty gween eyes" she smiled.

"She sounds absolutely beautiful" y/n smiled.

"She is" the girl smiled back.

my heart is exploding.

"Is this you boyfwiend?" She asked as we walked around looking for her mom.

"Yes he is" y/n smiled.

The little girl held her hand up to y/n's ear and whispered something. It was so quiet that I couldn't make out a single word she had said.

"He is isn't he" y/n agreed, with a small smile on her face. The girl nodded and let out a soft chuckle, making my heart melt all over again. She's too cute.

"What?" I asked. " I said... I said your pwetty" she shyly admitted, hiding her face once she did. "You are too cute" y/n laughed.

"Evelyn! Evelyn! Cmon sweetie your scaring momma" A worried woman called out.

The girl gasped and her head shot up "that's mommas voice!" She exclaimed. "Good ear!" Y/n smiled.

We walked over to the worried woman and Evelyn's face grew into a smile. "Excuse me miss, we found your daughter" y/n smiled. "Oh my god!" She exclaimed grabbing Evelyn from her arms.

"Evelyn you scared me honey" she sighed hugging her tightly. "It's okay momma, they helped me" Evelyn smiled.

"Thank you two so much" she smiled. "She kept me safe, and she told me I was safe just wike you do momma and I felt safe wif her" Evelyn smiled.

"I'm glad" the mom replied. "Have a good rest of your day" y/n said.

We walked away and found Bryce and Harper again. "We just helped a lost girl find her mom and she was the sweetest little girl I've ever met" y/n exclaimed.

I grabbed her waist and pulled her into me, wrapping my arms around her shoulders. She placed her hands on my arms and continued talking to Harper.

"Your gonna be such a good mom baby" I whispered. "What makes you say that?" She asked.

"How you handled that situation. And how good you were with her" I replied.

She paused before saying anything.

"I think we'll make great parents one day too" she smiled.

My stomach was quickly swarmed with butterflies from her words.

God I love her so much.

___________________________________
I am SOOOO sorry for not posting. I've been so inconsistent lately and I'm not even going to try and explain why just know I haven't forgot about you guys and the story is far from over! I love you guys so much and I can't believe we're at 48 THOUSAND reads!! That's fuckin crazyness! Thank you all so much for reading<333